What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 539 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 01-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #8071
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Wait... The jeep rolled 4 times and you still managed to drive it?! I always figured a rollover would be totaled. Pics?
I don't think so. They bought a new to them 04. From the looks of the pics, there was pretty much no way to drive it...

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #8072
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Dang...glad she is okay. I second the factory hitch, and u would add a cooler. You can pick up a really nice one for under $50 and install it in under an hour. It is worth the time/cost for the extra cooling.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #8073
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

threw on some 33" mud grapplers that are noisy as **** but look so much better!!

and 85IrocZ-28... we met a couple months ago when I first bought my jeep. we met at a gas station in Springville and you gave me some tips on what to buy.. what do you think of my build so far

this is the current set up.. minus I now have bigger tires as of today
image-1683033077.jpg  
BLACK04WJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 12:26 AM   #8074
scarrskey
1999 WJ 

Went wheeling today at Prairie City

Unread 01-31-2012, 03:58 AM   #8075
thestig_wj
2000 WJ 

lucked out at the gas station today, $0.33 per gallon, regular was $0.13(i was not in WJ)....sorry for bad pic but i was hurrying to get out of there before someone noticed and charged me what it was suppose to be

also noticed this for the first time after working on this machine for a few years now but looks like thee japanese are WJ fans(this is a mazak cnc lathe the keyboard is all over the place)
thestig_wj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 06:38 AM   #8076
Geo-Nemesis
2002 WJ 

you lucky basterds, here we pay 1.7 € per liter...
that's very sad...
Unread 01-31-2012, 07:02 AM   #8077
amremt408
1998 ZJ 

Last night... rescued her from sacramento and my sister who is the destroyer of all things automotive... Lift to come this week!

And of course now that I have her back from the queen of automotive doom, she's making a very odd noise upon start up (sounds like a dried leaf caught somewhere in the belt almost). The sounds goes away after a few minutes. It was too dark to diagnose when I picked her up last night and she drove fine 100 miles home, gonna have to get into it in the light...
forumrunner_20120131_045751.jpg   forumrunner_20120131_045825.jpg  

2004 WJ... OME HD coils, Bilsteins shocks, JKS adj track bar, MOOG SS, ADDCO rear sway bar with ext., Bridgestone REVO 265/70/17.
amremt408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #8078
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amremt408
Last night... rescued her from sacramento and my sister who is the destroyer of all things automotive... Lift to come this week!

And of course now that I have her back from the queen of automotive doom, she's making a very odd noise upon start up (sounds like a dried leaf caught somewhere in the belt almost). The sounds goes away after a few minutes. It was too dark to diagnose when I picked her up last night and she drove fine 100 miles home, gonna have to get into it in the light...
Honestly after getting the OMEs and the bilsteins I felt no need for the rear addco, it definitely won't hurt though! Looks nice it should ride great. Mine does a similar sound on startup and its most likely a idler pulley or the tensioner, not terribly expensive parts and very easy to take care of yourself.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 08:11 AM   #8079
amremt408
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86

Honestly after getting the OMEs and the bilsteins I felt no need for the rear addco, it definitely won't hurt though! Looks nice it should ride great. Mine does a similar sound on startup and its most likely a idler pulley or the tensioner, not terribly expensive parts and very easy to take care of yourself.
Sweet thanks... that's what I was thinking/hoping the sound is...

Yea, I was kinda thinking that also about the addco, but I have a zj that I lifted on kind of a budget a couple years ago, and now I feel like I wish I would have waited and spent a little more and saved some headache and gotten the result I was looking for right from the beginning. Given that lift kit want the same quality parts as this one (bilsteins, OMEs, etc), but I figured this is my DD so I need to keep her in tip top shape...

2004 WJ... OME HD coils, Bilsteins shocks, JKS adj track bar, MOOG SS, ADDCO rear sway bar with ext., Bridgestone REVO 265/70/17.
amremt408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 08:52 AM   #8080
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

I wouldnt let the destroyer of all things automotive drive anything of mine. Hell my wife drives my jeeps like I want her to and still I worry.

Washed and detailed the jeep again.
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 low output quadradrive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein 5100, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in exhaust with flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, Custom K and N FIPK, modded airbox with ram air, Fastman 71mm Throttle body, PML RFE Deep pan, Autometer digital trans temp gauge, P.I.E. aux adapter, Infinity reference 3.5/6x9/6.5, 200w inverter, surco rack, front/rear/cargo husky liners.
WJ Build!
liquidxit2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #8081
joze

Finally got new low beam light today and changed it out. Happy night driving
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/my-non-build-fix-when-gets-broken-thread-1240817/"]My non-build thread[/URL]| [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/black-jeep-society/"]Black Jeep Society member[/URL]
[QUOTE=Ljohn221;12072741]You can't start a new civilization without jeeps[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=dukie564;11573618]
[B]Epic boobs saving threads since 1978[/B][/QUOTE]
joze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #8082
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickinMud View Post
One thing it didn't come with is a tow package. We have a pop up camper we pull around quite a bit during the summer so I am going to need something. Did a little searching and found OEM is the way to go as the others sit too damn low.

My question is though, Am I gonna need a tranny cooler? The camper isn't super heavy but don't want to burn up my tranny just because I was cheap.

What do you guys think? Tranny cooler necessary?
Honestly, for the price a tranny cooler will cost you, its cheap insurance to protect your tranny. Yes I may be a hypocrite in this sense but especially if you might do a good bit of highway towing where itll be pulling in and out of overdrive on hills you should have it. $50 for a nice B&M cooler or even a decent name brand one from your local auto parts store will do the trick.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #8083
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

Saw this today.
image-208152222.jpg  
rickcricket is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #8084
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Honestly, for the price a tranny cooler will cost you, its cheap insurance to protect your tranny. Yes I may be a hypocrite in this sense but especially if you might do a good bit of highway towing where itll be pulling in and out of overdrive on hills you should have it. $50 for a nice B&M cooler or even a decent name brand one from your local auto parts store will do the trick.
Just make sure not to delete the radiator transmission cooler and run the aux after the radiator. Oh and I recommend bar/fin over tube fin any day of the week.
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 low output quadradrive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein 5100, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in exhaust with flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, Custom K and N FIPK, modded airbox with ram air, Fastman 71mm Throttle body, PML RFE Deep pan, Autometer digital trans temp gauge, P.I.E. aux adapter, Infinity reference 3.5/6x9/6.5, 200w inverter, surco rack, front/rear/cargo husky liners.
WJ Build!
liquidxit2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #8085
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

Thumbs up

bought these replacement speakers off of ebay today

http://www.jgcparts.com/jeeptweeters.html

and bidded on their 2" BB

http://www.jgcparts.com/LiftKit2.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.