What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 538 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 01-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #8056
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

i cant wait to get um on!

alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #8057
USFORCES
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI View Post
i cant wait to get um on!
Oh I should tell you, If you get a knocking noise in the rear like I did after installing them you'll need the longer sleeves and bolts too.
I'd try it first though, theses worked for me,http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/cart/in...roducts_id=153
USFORCES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #8058
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

i was reading about some similar problems and guys washer-ing it up....i really do hate KOR and his ridiculous shipping prices..
Unread 01-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #8059
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFORCES

Oh I should tell you, If you get a knocking noise in the rear like I did after installing them you'll need the longer sleeves and bolts too.
I'd try it first though, theses worked for me,http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/cart/in...roducts_id=153
Yupp my 5100s are making that knocking noise and it's pisssing me off. I don't want to take those shocks off again through they're a pain in the royal bum to compress em to get em back in

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #8060
USFORCES
2004 WJ 

The washers didn't work for me, if you know someone that works at a machine shop they could make them and just buy the correct bolts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Yupp my 5100s are making that knocking noise and it's pisssing me off. I don't want to take those shocks off again through they're a pain in the royal bum to compress em to get em back in
It was driving me crazy too I thought it was comming from above the gas tank,LOL
I didn't want to buy the KOR sleeves and bolts, but it sure was sweet after I put them on and not hearing it anymore!
Unread 01-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #8061
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

alright, thanks for the heads up mang.
Unread 01-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #8062
TjinTopeka
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
I had to use a ratchet strap to get the passenger side in my arms were so tired from putting the fronts and driver side on. Those things are a ***** to compress.
TjinTopeka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #8063
Mud_Crazy
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjinTopeka View Post
I had to use a ratchet strap to get the passenger side in my arms were so tired from putting the fronts and driver side on. Those things are a ***** to compress.
well if you put down your purse and use a little M A N it might not be so hard....j/k they are a pain, but washers from lowes fixed the problem of them sliding from side to side for me.

on a different note, i happen to be the new proud owner of a 37 in flat tire with only 100 miles on it. not quite sure how you manage to pick up a 3/4 in drill bit driving down the road, and not only have it go in through the treads but come out the side wall as well. luckly it happened a mile from my house and was able to limp home before it went flat. on a good note though i got the tires from dicounttiredirect.com so one quick call and my free replacement was on its way today at no charge. well except for the warranty on the new tire. a well spent 45 dollars.

tire.jpg
SILVER&BLACK 02 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4.7L V8 HO, Clayton 6" liftT w/ Bilstien 5100's and 2in pucks , 37X12.5 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's on red and black Creeper Locks, front and back Dana 60 w/ ARB lockers, Chromolly shafts and 5.13 gears, ARB compressor, Flowmaster 50 exhuast, K&N FIPK, IRO front bumper and flares, and Cobra 29NW with firestick antenna.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/backdoor_artist-first-ever-jeep-build-1167659/index7.html#post12830094"]Build Thread[/URL]
Mud_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #8064
USFORCES
2004 WJ 

Well spent 45 dollars indeed!
Unread 01-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #8065
StickinMud
2004 WJ 

I didn't do it but my wife did.

Luckily she is fine but the Jeep is a total loss according to the insurance company. They cut us a check so we took that and along with a few more thousand came home with this.

It's an 04' SE, it doesn't have all the features our old limited had but it runs and drives good.

One thing it didn't come with is a tow package. We have a pop up camper we pull around quite a bit during the summer so I am going to need something. Did a little searching and found OEM is the way to go as the others sit too damn low.

My question is though, Am I gonna need a tranny cooler? The camper isn't super heavy but don't want to burn up my tranny just because I was cheap.

What do you guys think? Tranny cooler necessary?
StickinMud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #8066
Mud_Crazy
2002 WJ 

how did she manage that?
SILVER&BLACK 02 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4.7L V8 HO, Clayton 6" liftT w/ Bilstien 5100's and 2in pucks , 37X12.5 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's on red and black Creeper Locks, front and back Dana 60 w/ ARB lockers, Chromolly shafts and 5.13 gears, ARB compressor, Flowmaster 50 exhuast, K&N FIPK, IRO front bumper and flares, and Cobra 29NW with firestick antenna.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/backdoor_artist-first-ever-jeep-build-1167659/index7.html#post12830094"]Build Thread[/URL]
Unread 01-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #8067
StickinMud
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud_Crazy View Post
how did she manage that?

Hit black ice going 65 mph, fish tailed, caught the tires on the shoulder and rolled down the ditch 4 times.

Pretty traumatic, she now drives worse than a grandma but at least shes OK.
StickinMud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #8068
radryan505
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud_Crazy View Post
well if you put down your purse and use a little M A N it might not be so hard....j/k they are a pain, but washers from lowes fixed the problem of them sliding from side to side for me.

Attachment 338396
Working at DIscount tire... we saw a TON of cool stuff in tires. Like a 15 inch price of rebar in a f350 tire. it was messed up. but the best thing in the world are those Discount certificates. I got a nail in the sidewall and found it as I pulled into work, I had the certs, so I went in and replaced it with a brand new tire!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8...banner-1-1.jpg

Fetal Panic Ink---- Custom Shirts and Vinyl Decals----Fetalpanicink.com or Facebook Fetal Panic Ink.
radryan505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #8069
Mud_Crazy
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickinMud View Post
Hit black ice going 65 mph, fish tailed, caught the tires on the shoulder and rolled down the ditch 4 times.

damn bet that was a ride from hell. but good thing no one was hurt. black ice is never fun

Unread 01-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #8070
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickinMud

Wait... The jeep rolled 4 times and you still managed to drive it?! I always figured a rollover would be totaled. Pics?

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.