What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 513 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #7681
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidxit2

At that temp I wouldnt go outside my house. If I absolutely had to I would wait til the jeep was at full temp before doing anything.
I'd rather drive it up to temp very gently than let it idle rich up to temp diluting the oil with fuel... Sadly though the iced windshield forced me to wait for it to warm up.

Oh speaking of pulling people out of ditches I helped a really cute chick in a Mazda get out of her parking spot, a ford escape out of a ditch, and a camry that had gotten high centered on unplowed road. I really put my recovery equipment to a good test

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #7682
Hazed_blue
2000 WJ 

Quote:

At that temp I wouldnt go outside my house. If I absolutely had to I would wait til the jeep was at full temp before doing anything.
Hah! Try -23C this morning. My Jeep didn't even want to roll forward in idle until I started applying gas. Thank goodness for block heaters.

I still dislike hearing the belts protest at startup though. Such an nerve-inducing sound.
Hazed_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #7683
Chris00WJ
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazed_blue View Post
Hah! Try -23C this morning. My Jeep didn't even want to roll forward in idle until I started applying gas. Thank goodness for block heaters.

I still dislike hearing the belts protest at startup though. Such an nerve-inducing sound.
-38C tonight with windchill. Im plugging the Jeep in for the first time tonight. She didnt like the -27C after sitting outside my work for 11hrs today. It started, but was slow and painful.
Chris00WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #7684
mckoolkid2010
1999 WJ 

pulled my steering gear box out to replace it after the parts store told me they could get me one before the end of the day. after a call back they ordered the wrong part and couldnt get the right one untill tomorrow. so i had to put the darn thing back together to drive it home. oh well now it will go faster next time. also the long arms are coming in tomorrow and im hoping to get them on right away!
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #7685
Hazed_blue
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris00WJ View Post
-38C tonight with windchill. Im plugging the Jeep in for the first time tonight. She didnt like the -27C after sitting outside my work for 11hrs today. It started, but was slow and painful.
I see that you are in Calgary. We will be joining you in that -38 weather momentarily. It's just now starting to get ugly here, but I've been using my heater every day that it's been freezing outside, and I don't think I'll go back. There really is a difference in initial fuel consumption when it's used.

I got word that my office is giving me a heated, indoor parking space starting tomorrow, so needless to say I am jubilant in regards to that news...
Hazed_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #7686
KingSmoth
1978 CJ5 

Installed my double-din Pioneer AVIC-X910BT today with the dash kit I ordered through ***. Unfortunately, when I popped in the vents to complete the installation, the fascia broke in four places. Now I have a functional navigation install that looks terrible and I'm out $115. I've never worked with fiberglass before, but I guess I'll attempt to salvage the kit...
KingSmoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #7687
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSmoth
Installed my double-din Pioneer AVIC-X910BT today with the dash kit I ordered through ***. Unfortunately, when I popped in the vents to complete the installation, the fascia broke in four places. Now I have a functional navigation install that looks terrible and I'm out $115. I've never worked with fiberglass before, but I guess I'll attempt to salvage the kit...
So is it a weak product? I was thinking about ordering one, but not if they won't replace it bc its flimsy

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #7688
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I was also looking at the double din kits... Who was this made by? What happened to it?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #7689
mckoolkid2010
1999 WJ 

got to test out some flex today while i was hanging out at a local shop. stuffs those 265/75/16 perfectly. this is still on stock arms. ironmans come in tomorrow!
flexn.jpg   stuff.jpg  
Unread 01-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #7690
Akjeep92
2000 WJ 

Quote:

-4 is warm here! This whole week we've down to almost -30! That's when the jeep doesn't want to roll and just won't get to full temp.
Unread 01-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #7691
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

65 at night in saint Louis, mo..... I will take that!
rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #7692
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

65 at night in saint Louis, mo..... I will take that!
rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 06:56 AM   #7693
KingSmoth
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
So is it a weak product? I was thinking about ordering one, but not if they won't replace it bc its flimsy
Well, I did a test fit before installation and everything seemed to line up, but I didn't secure it in place with the vents at that time. It cracked as soon as I applied pressure to pop the vents into place- I tried adjusting everything to discover why it happened, but had no luck doing so.
The dash kit itself seems well-formed and looks very nice, but it obviously isn't as durable as ABS plastic. This was a concern of mine as soon as I began installation and looked the kit over. I'm doing a two-stage install(head unit yesterday, but going to be at least a few weeks before I have everything constructed to install new speakers/sub/amps), and I realized that with the construction of the kit it would probably be best to set it once and leave it be.
I imagine I'm in the minority of people who have issue with the kit, since I have seen no complaints prior to my case. I contacted the company, they apologized and said it could be easily bonded back together with Permatex plastic weld, so I'll give that a try first.
KingSmoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #7694
Terminator2

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
I'd rather drive it up to temp very gently than let it idle rich up to temp diluting the oil with fuel... Sadly though the iced windshield forced me to wait for it to warm up.

Oh speaking of pulling people out of ditches I helped a really cute chick in a Mazda get out of her parking spot, a ford escape out of a ditch, and a camry that had gotten high centered on unplowed road. I really put my recovery equipment to a good test
I agree I try to drive mine up to temp gently (no excessive engine loads but slightly higher RPMs help bring it up to temp nicely)
Terminator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #7695
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I sprayed liquid wrench all over the ca bolts and brake line connections in prep for some upcoming maintenance.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.