Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#9,981 ·
Oh shhhhT, that doesnt look good, glad you Are ok Justn, Get a V8, grands Are safe cars, i know after my 70 mph Moose crash.
I'm glad I'm alright too. I'm still just crazy sore from where my seat belt got me. It hurts to do almost anything. You don't realize how much you use to abdominal muscles. I got all check out by a doctor, they did chest x-ray and no broken rips, did some blood work to to make sure my liver wasn't damaged and that came back fine except for a high white blood cell count, but that can be attributed to stress. And I now know first hand how safe a WJ can be. I went for one heck of a ride.

Well..hey, I need the rear bumper foam...can ya get it..
Haha I don't know what kind of condition mine is in, but if I could salvage it and you wanna come get it, it'll be yours.

#9,984 ·
haha page 666.

anyway. found out im gettin 2300 buckaroos from the lady that backed into the jeep last weekend (she INSISTED on paying me out of pocket) . i found a new fender for 80 on rockauto...that leaves 2200 for me to play with. sounds like a 3" lift (Kolak or IRO not sure yet), bumper, new headlights, wheel spacers, tires to put on my new Moabs and a winch to me!!! Whohoo.
It's turning out to be a blessing in disguise gettin hit and all.

also found out about a Aussie brand winch called Tuff Stuff. has anyone heard of them? they have a 12,500 lb winch for 299.00 not sure to be too cautious or really excited about it.

Justn glad your alright, but that'll buff out boss haha

#9,985 ·
Replaced the rear driver side hatch support. It lifts noticeably better , but not much so maybe I need to do the other side as well. The trick is to undo the bottom part first while holding the hatch ALL the way open. I undid the top while the hatch was not fully open and the piston popped up, almost breaking my rear glass. Love when a $15 fix lends to a $200 one or a 5 minute fix lends to a 3 hour one. All is good and I also replaced my battery and terminals.

#9,986 ·
Dasko said:
haha page 666.

anyway. found out im gettin 2300 buckaroos from the lady that backed into the jeep last weekend (she INSISTED on paying me out of pocket) . i found a new fender for 80 on rockauto...that leaves 2200 for me to play with. sounds like a 3" lift (Kolak or IRO not sure yet), bumper, new headlights, wheel spacers, tires to put on my new Moabs and a winch to me!!! Whohoo.
It's turning out to be a blessing in disguise gettin hit and all.

also found out about a Aussie brand winch called Tuff Stuff. has anyone heard of them? they have a 12,500 lb winch for 299.00 not sure to be too cautious or really excited about it.

Justn glad your alright, but that'll buff out boss haha
Omg how did she come up with that number!

#9,987 ·
Let's see... finished up my double din install by wiring up a license plate mounted reverse camera, as well as wired an ipod cable into the glove box. I also swapped out the two broken exhaust manifold bolts (driver's side, rear two). Productive day!

#9,990 ·
Oil change, touch up paint on lots of little chips.
Let the V8 breathe a bit on a 260ish mi round trip to the nw area of NJ and back.

Runs and drives like new at 95k mi.
:2thumbsup:

#9,994 ·
Got some more done on mine. Need to measure and trim some stuff, but you get the idea. Jeeptubes.com has some nice stuff. I looked at those hoops too

Attachments

#9,996 ·
thisguyhasadd2 said:
Omg how did she come up with that number!
Its a quote from a jeep dealer here. All mopar parts. For both headlights bumper cover grille and fender. Plus $46/hr labor. Parts alone were 1000+ doesn't bother me any. She's the one handing me the dough lol