What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 50 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #736
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Put in an amsoil filter today

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2010, 04:29 AM   #737
jtcnj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Wj

Finally back in service! Replaced the transmission half of the rusty cooling lines. Was gonna buy replacements, JY or whatever. Scared of turning the rusty connectors at the radiator.
Fabbed up from tubing, but had to splice the original fitting portions on.
NO leaks - yet.

"Dubyuh" or "Blue Bayou": Patriot Blue 2001 Up-Country WJ Limited 4.7L V8 Quadra Drive: for now known as "Al-Dente" after my wife's "mod".

New Addition 12/2011: "Pearl" Forest Green Pearlcoat 1999 xj SE 4.0L/AW4/231/8.25 mostly stock for now.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Ronald Wilson Reagan
jtcnj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #738
sherker55
2004 WJ 

Is that a K&N FIPK with the amsoil filter? If so, why the change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post

sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2010, 11:39 AM   #739
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherker55 View Post
Is that a K&N FIPK with the amsoil filter? If so, why the change?
its bigger, dont need to oil it, sounds better too

looks like he has the 9in long one
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #740
sherker55
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straty1987 View Post
its bigger, dont need to oil it, sounds better too

looks like he has the 9in long one
Nice thing about the oil though is that it is catching all those little particles of crap that other filters may not...
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #741
Ridin' Around
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post

Very Nice!!

And That filter filters better than any oiled filter on the market, I guarantee that!
Ridin' Around is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2010, 10:11 PM   #742
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherker55 View Post
Nice thing about the oil though is that it is catching all those little particles of crap that other filters may not...
yea but the oil dose get to the TB if theirs to much and the cleaning/drying time can take long. also the filters that use oil have bigger holes then the amsoil one. i could see more light threw the k&N filter then the amsoil filter
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 01:50 AM   #743
huntandfish
2004 WJ 

Took it on a 300 mile autobahn trip for a big hunt.

Did great on the autbah. 14.5mpg with the cruise set at 65mph. Cruised at 80 for awhile keeping up with an 04CRD but the gas mileage was too bad to keep going.

When we got there i got to use my 4x4 to pick up some hunters on top of a hill. the forster didnt think i could make it as they only take the unimog up there jeep handled it like a champ. no problem.

ended up shooting a 4x3 red stag a fox and a 75 kilo keiler. My first bull red stag and my biggest wild boar so far.
dscn0707small.jpg   dscn0713small.jpg   dscn0734small.jpg   dscn0744small.jpg   tracter.jpg  

A great place for outdoorsmen in the NW. www.hunting-washington.com Member Screen name- addicted
huntandfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 04:15 AM   #744
waza123

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntandfish View Post

Did great on the autbah. 14.5mpg with the cruise set at 65mph. Cruised at 80 for awhile keeping up with an 04CRD but the gas mileage was too bad to keep going.

When we got there i got to use my 4x4 to pick up some hunters on top of a hill. the forster didnt think i could make it as they only take the unimog up there jeep handled it like a champ. no problem.

ended up shooting a 4x3 red stag a fox and a 75 kilo keiler. My first bull red stag and my biggest wild boar so far.
nice hunting !
waza123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 04:20 AM   #745
Glion
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntandfish View Post

Was it an 04 on Swiss plates?......

I made an appointment to get a service done......$$$$$ gonna cost me an arm and a leg again
Glion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 04:36 AM   #746
huntandfish
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glion View Post

I made an appointment to get a service done......$$$$$ gonna cost me an arm and a leg again
i dont remember the plates.
black with chrome trim and a green jeep sticker in the lower left of the rear window.
A great place for outdoorsmen in the NW. www.hunting-washington.com Member Screen name- addicted
huntandfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #747
Mud_Crazy
2002 WJ 

built a new ake front driver side caliper. also took off the old style caliper and instaled a new rotor and ake front caliper. on the 30th ill be changing the passanger side one. but so far the no death wobble from the a ceised caliper. thank good i fixed that...haha
SILVER&BLACK 02 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4.7L V8 HO, Clayton 6" liftT w/ Bilstien 5100's and 2in pucks , 37X12.5 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's on red and black Creeper Locks, front and back Dana 60 w/ ARB lockers, Chromolly shafts and 5.13 gears, ARB compressor, Flowmaster 50 exhuast, K&N FIPK, IRO front bumper and flares, and Cobra 29NW with firestick antenna.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/backdoor_artist-first-ever-jeep-build-1167659/index7.html#post12830094"]Build Thread[/URL]
Mud_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #748
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoor_artist View Post
built a new ake front driver side caliper. also took off the old style caliper and instaled a new rotor and ake front caliper. on the 30th ill be changing the passanger side one. but so far the no death wobble from the a ceised caliper. thank good i fixed that...haha
So you're running one side Ake and one side Teves? Any problems with that, not pulling to one side?

On topic the WJ runs great, I took some of the audio equipment out of the XJ for it and I wired up the crossover network for my dash speakers

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #749
Mud_Crazy
2002 WJ 

no ididnt have any issues with it. only drove it once and that was to work from my friends house. it was pulling to the right a bit but that was after i started getting the shakes again. i think my jeep needs to go to detox...haha. jokeing aside though. when i got to work the passanger side probably could of started a fire it was so hot. needless to say ill be getting a ride home from a friend (not safe at all to drive). the new braket for the ake style will be ready for pick up on tuesday at auto zone. and ill just do the change in the parking lot. only takes about 45 min to due. actually parking lot? i take that back no impack wrench to remove lug nuts. so maybe looking at an hour.
SILVER&BLACK 02 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4.7L V8 HO, Clayton 6" liftT w/ Bilstien 5100's and 2in pucks , 37X12.5 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's on red and black Creeper Locks, front and back Dana 60 w/ ARB lockers, Chromolly shafts and 5.13 gears, ARB compressor, Flowmaster 50 exhuast, K&N FIPK, IRO front bumper and flares, and Cobra 29NW with firestick antenna.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/backdoor_artist-first-ever-jeep-build-1167659/index7.html#post12830094"]Build Thread[/URL]
Mud_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #750
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glion View Post

where are you located in Switzerland? ill be in there dec 27th- Jan 14th

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.