What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 49 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 11-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #721
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stout95YJ View Post
do you know of someone makes adapters from the 6 hole CV style flange to hold a regular u joint?
Carolina Driveshaft Give em Call. But they Will Tell you switching to a U-joint is SO much stronger.

To change the front yoke what the guy told me on the phone was use 1/4-1/2 impact something around 220ftlbs remove the pinion nut. tap the yoke on the ears to get it off. replace with the new yoke. put the nut on tighten it in increments. what he said was to remove any of the Lateral Play the in and out play if you tighten it and it still moves in and out a little tighten it some more.

He did stress DO not all let it to rotate. he suggested blocking the wheels or laying a brick or something on the brakes.

The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #722
huntandfish
2004 WJ 

i need some schooling on the different driveshaft links
A great place for outdoorsmen in the NW. www.hunting-washington.com Member Screen name- addicted
huntandfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #723
sherker55
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
That cv joint on the driveshaft is going to keep failing at 3" of lift. Maybe not right away but it will. You should get a u-joint style at both ends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntandfish View Post
i need some schooling on the different driveshaft links
+1 I don't know sqwat about this stuff! and now I'm concerned because I am at 3" of lift as well!
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #724
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Its still two towns away !@#$%*&^% I'm having an insurance mishap so it isnt registered yet. I have this box with all these parts/accessories and no Jeep to put them in. Grr
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 11:52 PM   #725
jtwilk99
2003 WJ 

replaced hood and liftgate struts. hood - super easy. liftgate, bolts came off fine, however, took a little more effort than expected to get new ones on.

Hood now stands open all by itself.

Liftgate flips up hard enough to put a kid in orbit.

I'm guessing that will wear off after a while.
jtwilk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 07:33 AM   #726
WillMcD
2004 WJ 

Got my zone nitro shocks on this morning.
04 WJ Limited Black, 5.5" LA hybrid (IRO Trackbar, Teraflex Springs, Bilstein 5100/5125 Shocks, IRO Critical Path High Clearance LA's + KOR 3/4" spacers, JKS Disconnects) 32" Firestone Destination M/T's, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Black Moabs, Muffler Delete, Hella 700ff's, Yakima Load Warrior

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Phil:4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=billzcat;10933305]a lot of people waste their life playing FB games all day like Farmville, Cityville, Gangsterville, Hookersnblowville, Idonteffingcareville[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Green"]August 2011 GCOTM Winner[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[SIZE="3"][CENTER]Build Thread:[/CENTER]
[CENTER][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/04-wj-college-build-willmcd-1050247/#post9619953"]04 WJ College Build-WillMcD[/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]
WillMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 07:53 AM   #727
EisBlade
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Wj Unable to run on water alone; add KOH.

I haven't done much to mine in a while; it has been running like a dream though expect to redo some of the fluids soon.

Project 1: The driver window catches, rolls on the rubber lip of the inner door frame and won't go down. The new part just arrived. $55.00...phbbbt.

Project 2: Getting my 29-plate HHO booster up and running has been the priority. I have a 50 amp gauge with external shunt on the way via eBay so I can wire it to the dash, but yesterday went ahead and bought a handheld ammeter so we can begin testing sooner. The goal is to dial in the electrolyte mixture so the system doesn't exceed a 30amp draw maximum. This should have my electrolyte (KOH (100% drain cleaner) and distilled water) concentration at about 2.7lbs to 1ga. which will also keep it from freezing in the winter cold. I expect to get an increase of no less than 30% MPG's (I'm currently at 18/27), but they think we will be able to pull more.

LIFTs, TIREs, SPRINGs & GEARs:
WJ Spring Rate Chart
Tire Size vs Lift
Tire Size vs Gear Ratio
WJ Noob Lift Chart

Driveshaft Angles & Pics of Rear Diff Pumpkins:
Correct Pinion Angles
Correct Driveline Geometry 101
Differential Covers; What They Look Like

Death Wobble (DW):IRO DW Checklist'. .JK Forum DW Notes
WJ E-Brake Reset Procedure:PDF Instructions
WJ Headers:Doug Thorley Header pics for 4.0L 99-01 WJ's ($499)

If you seek cheap thrills then battle Racine below. Doubtful, but
let me know if you beat her.
Raunchy Racine

DISCLAIMER: Not responsible for men of weak character.
EisBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 09:08 AM   #728
Twistedrocker
2004 WJ 

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwilk99 View Post
replaced hood and liftgate struts. hood - super easy. liftgate, bolts came off fine, however, took a little more effort than expected to get new ones on.

Hood now stands open all by itself.

Liftgate flips up hard enough to put a kid in orbit.

I'm guessing that will wear off after a while.
Where did you get the new struts from? Stealership? I'm sick of my hood falling on my head...

On topic I welded up some brackets for a new bumper.
Unread 11-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #729
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedrocker View Post
Where did you get the new struts from? Stealership? I'm sick of my hood falling on my head...

On topic I welded up some brackets for a new bumper.
Bought mine off of e-bay ~3-4 years ago - still holding up great
Unread 11-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #730
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Monroe Struts can be had for like $13 on rockauto. Best deal I've seen around and I trust the brand

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #731
MORUNA
2004 WJ 

Wj

Last week ,i fix the radiator,check the injectors,cooland fluid,and change the tires(with
winter tires) we are close to the winter here.

Last edited by MORUNA; 11-30-2010 at 10:13 AM..
MORUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #732
g-off70
2000 WJ 

bought all of it yesterday:
water pump
thermostat
upper radiator hose
cooling system flush kit
stuff for an oil change
power steering fluid
brake fluid
new glove box
rear 12 volt outlet
headlight restoration kit
CB mount and antenna

probably some more but just forgetting

WTB: Tow hooks- let me know if you have any
g-off70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #733
GhostKnife

bought and installed a Airraid Intake for $50
Unread 11-24-2010, 05:14 PM   #734
miller63b
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoshxx View Post
Carolina Driveshaft Give em Call. But they Will Tell you switching to a U-joint is SO much stronger.

To change the front yoke what the guy told me on the phone was use 1/4-1/2 impact something around 220ftlbs remove the pinion nut. tap the yoke on the ears to get it off. replace with the new yoke. put the nut on tighten it in increments. what he said was to remove any of the Lateral Play the in and out play if you tighten it and it still moves in and out a little tighten it some more.

He did stress DO not all let it to rotate. he suggested blocking the wheels or laying a brick or something on the brakes.
i just bought the yokes off e-bay or from junk yard from any dana 30 will work.... my u joint yoke for my dana was from a tj dana 30 and the t-case yoke i bought from e-bay... but im sure a junk yard would have the parts..... just count your splines ..... should be 27 at the diff and i think 32 at the tcase... dont quote me on that though
miller63b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #735
cb0y1
2002 WJ 

Got a transmission input shaft speed sensor. to cold to change it until this weekend. At least the problem went away for now.
cb0y1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.