What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 487 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 12-29-2011, 07:32 PM   #7291
cbailey_21
1999 WJ 

Pulled the noob card today and accidently pulled my camshaft sensor out, yay for attempting to retime the engine or towing it to the dealer to let them play with it.

Round of applause please..

On a better note, I replaced my oil pressure sending unit, too bad I can't start my engine to see if it fixed my problem lol

[QUOTE=smuggler;13038059]Ah yes that is a common Jeep thing, weird noises after wheelin'. This is how you fix it. You have to go wheelin' again, but in reverse. Once you get done the clunk should be gone.[/QUOTE]

MODS: BDS 2" coils, Bilstein 5100 struts, 17"Moab takeoffs, 245/65/17 Hankook Dynapro ATMs, Addco 1" Rear Swaybar, Energy Suspension greasable swaybar bushings, westin tail light guards, Rancho HD Steering stabilizer, Freedom Edition running boards, Spyder Halo Foglights, Rola Vortex roof rack.
cbailey_21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #7292
Cirruslydakota
1999 WJ 

^ its alright man, we all make mistakes like that once in a while. But when you get in over your head you have us here to help you. We aren't all professional mechanics (Some are, I'm one of them) but there's a lot of collective expierence here. One thing I've realized is that someone else on here has probably faced the same problems you will and they always lend a solution or advice to help others. I have to say I've never been on a forum that's so helpful.
Cirruslydakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 02:48 AM   #7293
southerngrand

Just got a new set of wheels and tires. And new rubber ribbed jeep floor mats. I'll put up pics soon. Absolutely amazing set up now on stock height. Km2's on 16x8 pro comp 7031 flat black back spacing 4.5". No rubbing problem. Nothing. Looks very agressive. And rides great. Just got it yesterday so I haven't been wheeling yet but I will post pics soon. Serious amazing set up though. I'll update specs too on the tires. Can't remember exactly.
southerngrand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 02:52 AM   #7294
southerngrand

Pictures from my iphone. Hopefully it posts right. Kind of confusing haha
image-102226712.jpg  
Unread 12-30-2011, 02:57 AM   #7295
southerngrand

A few more pics. Absolutely love my new set up. No rubbing cause tires arent too wide and the backspacing made the stance wider and more agressive. Looks so amazing. Ahh! I love it.
image-4181891032.jpg   image-4185198898.jpg  
Unread 12-30-2011, 12:19 PM   #7296
mckoolkid2010
1999 WJ 

nice rims!
got some parts from iro. they didnt send me the mount for the a-arm and also sent me fixed lowers, i ordered adj, but just got off the phone with them. said they should have the parts out to me tomorrow. sucks to get the wrong parts, but with customer service like that i cant complain much. anyone have any tips on the bushings for a-arm? the ones at the flex joint.cant seem to get them to go in.
iro.jpg  
Unread 12-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #7297
eogg
2000 WJ 

Put on my Christmas present.
image-1959251149.jpg  

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1010
eogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #7298
danhigor
1999 WJ 

Wj

My wife blew the head gasket on my 99 GC Laredo last night. Anyone got any info on how tough this is to replace? I know I should search, but I am at work with a blown up Active Directory server at the moment also.

Freaking Happy New Year to me.

Oh and by the way

1ST POST LMAO
danhigor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 01:53 PM   #7299
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

axle all finished now just has to dry for a couple of days ..more pictures in build

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 01:53 PM   #7300
radryan505
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyhasadd2 View Post
Last night i finally got around to doing the lift gate light.... Now i can trade out book marks with something new i want to do. I decided to go with 2 lights mounted in the corners. Its a good thing that there is a gromet as my cuts were pretty shotty. All in all i think its going to be the most useful. It is really bright and barely drains on the battery. I cant wait to use this camping, cooking while camping, and just really anything im very thrilled. I went with lights from napa 30$. Should have relocated the switch to the underside of where i did mount it. I forgot i wanted to keep a stock look and just got it done lol
can we get a pic of how bright it is when the lights are on? I am about to do this same thing to mine...I am in just in debate of what lights to use.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8...banner-1-1.jpg

Fetal Panic Ink---- Custom Shirts and Vinyl Decals----Fetalpanicink.com or Facebook Fetal Panic Ink.
radryan505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 02:02 PM   #7301
eogg
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhigor
My wife blew the head gasket on my 99 GC Laredo last night. Anyone got any info on how tough this is to replace? I know I should search, but I am at work with a blown up Active Directory server at the moment also.

Freaking Happy New Year to me.

Oh and by the way

1ST POST LMAO
4.7 or 4.0?

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1010
eogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 02:45 PM   #7302
thisguyhasadd2
2002 WJ 

rad ryan, ill take pictures tonight.
my lights seem great, not as bright as the leds but none the less good. I opted for two lamps to spread the lighting a little more
Colorado Jeep Club Member#259
thisguyhasadd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #7303
danhigor
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eogg View Post
4.7 or 4.0?
4.0, I had replaced the water pump a couple of months ago, but it never did resolve the issues.
danhigor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #7304
Dasko
2001 WJ 

Got her inspected. I'm offical in VA now! Whohoo. Forked out 2bills for county sticker. Installed my cb. Finally figured out how to set the clock on my stereo that the PO deemed it a good idea to put in an aftermarket one. Idiot.

2001 WJ- SOLD

[QUOTE=mrJ]It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.[/QUOTE][/CENTER]
Dasko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 03:20 PM   #7305
StrokedWJ
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckoolkid2010
nice rims!
got some parts from iro. they didnt send me the mount for the a-arm and also sent me fixed lowers, i ordered adj, but just got off the phone with them. said they should have the parts out to me tomorrow. sucks to get the wrong parts, but with customer service like that i cant complain much. anyone have any tips on the bushings for a-arm? the ones at the flex joint.cant seem to get them to go in.
Grease the bushings then either press or hammer them in. There supposed to be a tight fit. I'm not sure what type of joint IRO uses but it should either use a screw in or a snap ring retainer.

Click this -->Think you can beat me?
StrokedWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.