What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 452 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-03-2011, 12:19 AM   #6766
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Dang! That looks sick man! I want to see some more pics!

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #6767
TheBandit
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Dang! That looks sick man! I want to see some more pics!
Thanks will get some more pics up tomorrow

04 WJ Overland Parting Out
TheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2011, 04:10 AM   #6768
mckoolkid2010
1999 WJ 

didnt do anything to it but got to talk to a few other jeepers from the area.
jeeps.jpg  
Unread 12-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #6769
-zapper-
2003 WJ 

Wj

Took off the grille the previous owner put on

and put on the new one that I plasti-dipped yesterday

much better
-zapper- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #6770
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Agreed! Much better!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #6771
mudtrackerinc

2002 WJ 

Put another fuel pump in mine today. That's the 2nd one in seven days. It is a Airtex and the quality is poor. The first one was leaking out of the top of the assembly. I would prefer to have a better pump but nobody has one in stock. So glad I cut a hole in the floor.
02WJ Rough Country 4" Long Arm,3/4 spacers added to front,265x70x17C BFG All-Terrain T/A KO 31.8x10.7,super 44 flowmaster,K&N air filter,JKS adj track bar,JKS HD tie rod,JKS HD draglink,RCX dual stabilzer,Mickey Thompson Sidebiter wheels 17x9 4.5"BS,Saguaro4x D-Ring Mounts

06tj RC 4" X-series ,RC Dual Steering Stabilizer, 32x11.50x15 BFG All-Terrain T/A KO, 15x8 Ultra Motorsports Rogue
Model:175 Wheels, K&N CAI & Filter,super 44 flowmaster
mudtrackerinc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #6772
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit
I have actually did this over the last week pic of it last Saturday when I bought it.

One week later de-badged intake exhaust custom rubicon wheels blacked out grill smoked tail lights l.e.d. rock lights HIDs and lift and tires on the way....
First pic looks like a drop dead sexy jeep. Second pic I'm sorry but you don't have my support, you kinda dubbed it out :/ that's fine though everyone is entitled to do whatever they like best. I'm just jealous of what you're working with, I would do horrible things for an 04 overland

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #6773
amremt408
1998 ZJ 

Ordered my lift from Nick @ KOLAK PERFORMANCE!!!! All the positive comments that i have read about him on this forum were 100% accurate; he is super helpful... we discussed my hopes/dreams/aspiration for my DD, and in the end i know i'm going to get a great look and an even better ride. So excited! Early Christmas for my WJ this year...
amremt408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #6774
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amremt408 View Post
Ordered my lift from Nick @ KOLAK PERFORMANCE!!!! All the positive comments that i have read about him on this forum were 100% accurate; he is super helpful... we discussed my hopes/dreams/aspiration for my DD, and in the end i know i'm going to get a great look and an even better ride. So excited! Early Christmas for my WJ this year...
Sooooooo, what did you order?! I ordered OME HD Coils through Nick, great guy to work with. Should be getting here in a week or two.

Now to be on topic because I've been so off topic lately...

I got my PA horn back in, found a great spot in the ARB air dam and bolted it up... SO much louder than being in the engine bay, I tested it out and it echoed across my entire apartment complex

Also swapped my factory headunit back in, my aftermarket one was getting pretty old... It didnt look right in the dash, it didnt work right with the steering wheel controls, and it was just another flashy thing for me to deal with when parking somewhere. Plus now I get my changer back

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #6775
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

on the wifes wj, i got both axles re-installed, the old motor, torn down (found out cyl 8 rod bearing went bad), and started swapping stuff to the new crate motor.

edit: went to install the oil pan, and decided to look at the inside of the shiny new engine when something caught my eye. It was a bolt that didnt look to be quite tight, i could see the gap between the head and the bearing cap, so i grabbed it and sure enough finger tight!!! I started looking at all the other bolts and they were all tight and they all had paint marks on them to show the were torqued. This one had no paint mark and was obviously overlooked! Big to advanced powertrain solutions. Had i not bought this motor from a 3rd party i would be furious with them.
Unread 12-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #6776
amremt408
1998 ZJ 

@compcrasher... I also ordered the OME HD springs. Can't wait!

2004 WJ... OME HD coils, Bilsteins shocks, JKS adj track bar, MOOG SS, ADDCO rear sway bar with ext., Bridgestone REVO 265/70/17.
amremt408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #6777
alifted4x4
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post
on the wifes wj, i got both axles re-installed, the old motor, torn down (found out cyl 8 rod bearing went bad), and started swapping stuff to the new crate motor.

edit: went to install the oil pan, and decided to look at the inside of the shiny new engine when something caught my eye. It was a bolt that didnt look to be quite tight, i could see the gap between the head and the bearing cap, so i grabbed it and sure enough finger tight!!! I started looking at all the other bolts and they were all tight and they all had paint marks on them to show the were torqued. This one had no paint mark and was obviously overlooked! Big to advanced powertrain solutions. Had i not bought this motor from a 3rd party i would be furious with them.

What did the crate run, if you dont mind me asking?
2000 WJ 6 1/2" lift,IRO Coils, IRO Front ADJ Long Arms, Clayton Rear Long Arms, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS Track bar, JKS Bar Pins, K & N FIPK, 265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Addco Rear Sway Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Flowmaster 40,2002 Cluster to be continued.....
alifted4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #6778
BreadsWJ
2002 WJ 

I was able to drive to NY today and picked up my new rugged ridge front mats, my Husky rear cargo liner, new black chrome lug nuts, new Wix Fuel Filter, and IRO Steering Equalizer.

Hoping the filter will help my MPG.

However, don't know if I'll be keeping the IRO steering equalizer since I just got rid of my DW yesterday....bad TRE's.

I'm at 4 3/4" lift, should I bother with steering equalizer or just sell it?

Thanks.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f130/wj-grand-cherokee-lift-parts-much-more-1341973/#post13225037[/url]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/grand-cherokee-wj-overland-rock-rails-roof-rack-cross-rails-1351259/[/url]

"He who seeks knowledge, begins with humbleness" - Anon
BreadsWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #6779
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifted4x4 View Post
What did the crate run, if you dont mind me asking?
They are around 3100 new.
Unread 12-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #6780
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ

They are around 3100 new.
Should have done a 6.0.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.