What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 451 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #6751
rcking323
2004 WJ 

got T-boned at 60 mph and totaled it :c rying:

and insurance is basically screwing me over, so theres no way I can afford another good WJ. or to buy it back and get another car.

depression would be the best description of how I feel right now...
its like watching a pet die

rcking323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #6752
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcking323

and insurance is basically screwing me over, so theres no way I can afford another good WJ. or to buy it back and get another car.

Do you have any rest in peace pictures? I'm sorry to hear that happened to you keep fighting insurance till they're pushing you out their office doors with a pole, they will do whatever they can not to pay you out, it's a sad industry

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #6753
Terminator2

Flexed mine last night with both sway bars connected:
I now have a slightly bent rear fender LOL. 15x8 wheels with 3.75 BS and 31x10.50 Tires do not quite tuck in. I will fix that issue in the next couple weeks with a cutoff wheel, grinder and a BFH. Sorry no pics as it was dark and the damage is so minor it is hard to see in pics. Tire is undamaged.
Terminator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #6754
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcking323 View Post

Explain how ? What are they offering and what it is you think they should offer you and what are these numbers based upon?
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #6755
rcking323
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Explain how ? What are they offering and what it is you think they should offer you and what are these numbers based upon?
I'll have some RIP pictures soon. i have to go to their lot to sign it off and get some stuff i wasnt able to grab after getting out of the hospital.

and the how is that the accident was entirely the other persons fault, however, after the crash, it was not obvious, and they see a 19 year old guy from a a state over, so they gave me all the blame. More so, where I paid 10,250 for it 16 months ago, they are only going to give me 5000 for it now. pretty simply, i feel there is no way the value decreased by more then half
Unread 12-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #6756
Terminator2

Quote:
I'll have some RIP pictures soon. i have to go to their lot to sign it off and get some stuff i wasnt able to grab after getting out of the hospital.

and the how is that the accident was entirely the other persons fault, however, after the crash, it was not obvious, and they see a 19 year old guy from a a state over, so they gave me all the blame. More so, where I paid 10,250 for it 16 months ago, they are only going to give me 5000 for it now. pretty simply, i feel there is no way the value decreased by more then half
That is typical where they give you basically black book value on your vehicle which should be around 5K.
Unread 12-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #6757
rcking323
2004 WJ 

blue book for a 2004 WJ SE w/ 90k miles is alot more then 5k, I'm pretty sure at least
Unread 12-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #6758
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

should def. be more. KBB registered my Jeep stock in good condition with 90k miles at 7250.
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 02:37 PM   #6759
Terminator2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI View Post
should def. be more. KBB registered my Jeep stock in good condition with 90k miles at 7250.
KBB is high though. Ever try getting real trade in values before? They will fall 25% or so short of KBB values.
Unread 12-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #6760
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

make sure they're including all the options, 4.7 and all. SE with a 4.7, is it an HO? That alone can add 1-2k

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #6761
straty1987

Quote:

sorry to hear what happen to the jeep. hope your ok
yea they screw you over on prices unless you have all the papers with prices of things you put on. i dont know how they got your prices for the jeep but for me they took my zip and looked what WJ's were selling for around me got a number then then adjust if it was under or over on miles.

i was out of state too and the truck that hit my WJ did not stop and the jeep landed on it its side. so the cop was asking us what were were doing before crash and a "witness" gave the cop false info which did not help.

did the tow guys mess up the jeep more?
dont be surprised if you get tickets in the mail in a week or 2

start goggling your vin to see if it shows up on a online wreck website. might be able to get it back for cheap.
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #6762
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
make sure they're including all the options, 4.7 and all. SE with a 4.7, is it an HO? That alone can add 1-2k
no not really, when i was doing it for mine they put down I6 and when i had them fix it only went up $120
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #6763
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

picked up my rancho ss today. had trouble removing the old one, getting dark, so i'll have to try tomorrow.
4x4Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #6764
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Just saying you don't "feel" that the numbers are correct isn't going to help your cause. The insurance company owes you the "Fair Market Value" of your vehicle as it sat one minute before the accident. Therefore, you have to figure out what would your WJ have SOLD for, not what you would like to sell it for, one minute before the loss?

1) Was there any body damage, rips in interior, broken glass, pin stripes from being wheeled, etc. prior to the accident?

2) If yes, approximately what would the cost to have damage professionally fixed be?

3) What is your collision deductible? Is the 5k after deductible?

4) Do some research on cars dot com and/or autotrader dot com to see what the asking prices are for 2004 WJ's within 50 miles of you. Try to find vehicles that are as close to your WJ in stock equipment and mileage as possible. Keep in mind, you will need to adjust the asking price to what can you buy it for.

5) Have you recently installed new tires, brakes, or other repairs?
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #6765
TheBandit
2004 WJ 

I have actually did this over the last week pic of it last Saturday when I bought it.

One week later de-badged intake exhaust custom rubicon wheels blacked out grill smoked tail lights l.e.d. rock lights HIDs and lift and tires on the way....

04 WJ Overland Parting Out
TheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.