Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#8,702 ·
just started mine to drive to work....white smoke out the pipe when started. doesnt smell like coolant...ive done the head gasket before...something else since no coolant smell? only smoked for maybe a minute then went away?
LoL yall down in florida arent used to cold weather. Im going to venture a guess and say moisture in a cold weather. Just called my grandma who is currently living there and she said yall had low 50s last night. I honestly would monitor it just in case, but if it doesnt do it during warm weather then assume its moisture and cold weather.

#8,703 ·
LoL yall down in florida arent used to cold weather. Im going to venture a guess and say moisture in a cold weather. Just called my grandma who is currently living there and she said yall had low 50s last night. I honestly would monitor it just in case, but if it doesnt do it during warm weather then assume its moisture and cold weather.
saturday morning when i started it, it smoked for a minute and smelled like coolant, so i freaked out. it was cooler then too. but it hasnt happened again until this morning...didnt smell like coolant...smelled like it was running rich, wasnt as thick, and didnt last as long. if i take it to my friend's shop to have him check it out, what should he be looking for besides a compression test on the cylinders to see if there's a gasket leak. i know what steam out of my tailpipe looks like when it's cold outside. it wasn't that cold this morning

#8,704 ·
Check the plugs as well I would say. If the plugs, compression and fluids are fine might be something with your cats/exhaust.

#8,706 ·
AC Drain unless there is coolant in the water then it is your heater core. I just fixed my clogged AC drain. It can be accessed from under the WJ. It is on the passenger fire wall about 6" above the UCA mount on the unit body. To find it just feel for moisture as it should still be dripping a little water even if it is clogged. I poked my finger into it and a huge clot of greasy mud, leaves and god knows what else came shooting out along with about 3 gallons of water. I got soaked. :laugh:
Sorry,but what is UCA?

#8,708 ·
Terminator2 said:
AC Drain unless there is coolant in the water then it is your heater core. I just fixed my clogged AC drain. It can be accessed from under the WJ. It is on the passenger fire wall about 6" above the UCA mount on the unit body. To find it just feel for moisture as it should still be dripping a little water even if it is clogged. I poked my finger into it and a huge clot of greasy mud, leaves and god knows what else came shooting out along with about 3 gallons of water. I got soaked. :laugh:
Never knew it was that accessible, mine drips like crazy (outside so I assume it's working) when I use the AC normally but I'll give it a shot with an air duster or hose next time I'm down there

#8,709 ·
Never knew it was that accessible, mine drips like crazy (outside so I assume it's working) when I use the AC normally but I'll give it a shot with an air duster or hose next time I'm down there
had that problem on my 99 wj. drilled through from the passenger side and blew it out with compressed air. **** that came out looked like a raw oyster :eek:

#8,710 ·
had that problem on my 99 wj. drilled through from the passenger side and blew it out with compressed air. **** that came out looked like a raw oyster :eek:
Did that first and 100psi from my compressor would not clear the clog from above that is how packed in there it was:hahaha:. I am kinda annoyed I had to drill and I ended up fixing it from below but I have access to the upper and lower parts if I ever have to clean it out again.

On a related note my blend doors are starting to crap out. I think I am going to do the through the glove box fix as I have no interest in removing that dash unless I absolutely have to.

#8,711 ·
You guys are making me want to go clean out my drain tube too.

Today I went and did a few small deliveries in my jeep. I am amazed at how many people on the job sites actually come over and say "that sure is a nice delivery truck, is it yours?"
I seem to get compliments a lot.
Do you guys get that too?

I could use some advice too. I just did my front cv axes, and wasn't too happy with the bearing hubs. One felt tight but smooth. Like it was just packed with grease. No free spin. The other one sounded empty and dry. Lots of free spin, but sounded bad. It needs to go. No whine or noise yet when driving, so I have a few more miles out of it till I can get it replaced.
My question is, is it possible to get just the bearings and have em pressed in, or just buy the whole unit.
My phone search is horrible, so forgive me if is an easy answer...

#8,713 ·
You guys are making me want to go clean out my drain tube too.

Today I went and did a few small deliveries in my jeep. I am amazed at how many people on the job sites actually come over and say "that sure is a nice delivery truck, is it yours?"
I seem to get compliments a lot.
Do you guys get that too?

I could use some advice too. I just did my front cv axes, and wasn't too happy with the bearing hubs. One felt tight but smooth. Like it was just packed with grease. No free spin. The other one sounded empty and dry. Lots of free spin, but sounded bad. It needs to go. No whine or noise yet when driving, so I have a few more miles out of it till I can get it replaced.
My question is, is it possible to get just the bearings and have em pressed in, or just buy the whole unit.
My phone search is horrible, so forgive me if is an easy answer...
It is a whole hub/unit bearing assembly should cost about $100 per side.

#8,714 ·
just checked rockauto, $90 shipped per timken bearing from rockauto or $83+ tax at your local autozone. That and a couple hours of your time to do the install... but they really cannot be broken apart and serviced. Dont cheap out on em either you dont want to take this all apart again... timkens a good brand

#8,717 ·
went to lathe out my bushing sleeves couldn't use the lathe at school today so i found a local machine shop that would do them for me since i wouldnt be able to till thursday and need all the time i can get

#8,719 ·
well 20$ and 4 hours later i got my bushing sleeves and am in the process of swapping the lower control arms out, soaked everything in pb the day before. I got the passenger side removed and installed, now for the drive i have the lower bolt out but the upper wont budge with my electric impact from HF. Taking a puff puff break and going to lay there cranking on it till it breaks or the "effects" dull down ha