What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 405 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-23-2011, 09:29 AM   #6061
WJGERRY
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapGuy View Post
Finally fixed my rear hatch release, put on my new roof rack and had a remote start/alarm installed. Note to anyone doing a remote start - make sure you get a couple of extra keys made BEFORE you have it installed.
WHY? are the keys for a back up so you can still get in?
Or is it because you cannot get them done after?
I have one spare key I had made at home depot but only worke fro the door as the ignition key is chipped... do I have to get a extra ingnition key at dealership or? I also need a remote..

WJGERRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 09:31 AM   #6062
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGERRY

you still going to pismo on the 4th?
you shoule post that pic here lol
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f317/...dunes-1151048/

on topic.. gonna wash the mud off jeep today.. no rain for a while
I'll be out there at some point that weekend. I have my Auto Extrication class that saturday
2004 4.0L w/242 WJ - Front tow points, Rear D Shackel, 3"/2.5" lift, 245/75 Falken ATs, Sway Bar delete, Overland Sliders, T-Case Skid, Hella 500's, Halved Bumper, Custom Rad.Core Skid, Soft 8's, MV50 OBA, Hi-lift/lift mate, shovel, (1st)On-Board Cooler, OME S.S., Rola Basket.....more soon
Blkdvll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #6063
justn
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglyducklyin713 View Post
Put my double din in, and holy crap at how much I had to cut out

That's sweet! Do you have a writeup?

On topic, I was camping up in Kernville with my family on Friday and Saturday. Did a bit of wheeling while I was up there too. On Friday we went up to the top of Shirley Peak at the Alta Sierra ski area. There's a pretty steep dirt/gravel road that goes up there. It was eerie to look down the empty ski runs.

On Saturday my dad and I just went exploring some dirt roads right out of Kernville. We saw this one and decided to check it out.

It was pretty steep. 4 low and 1st gear all the way to the top. Then we drove the ridge for a bit before the road descended down the other side of the mountain.

After that bit of exploring we went and checked out the shore of Lake Isabella. Its pretty cool that you can drive down there. I kind of felt like I was at Pismo, only with a lot more rocks.

Unread 10-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #6064
robby65
2007 XK Commander 

nice radio up here.

also i think you need the extra key for the remote starter to work?
hopefully Cheap Guy post again.

all i did was my spark plugs in my 4.0
they were dry but they were old.
this week is the fuel filter the wj has 134,000 miles.
robby65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #6065
Wj_with_a_WJ
2000 WJ 

towed it back from Moab after smashing the tranny pan...Cried a little...waiting for the shop to tell me it ****ed...
then long arms ...
then skid plates...
them more to come
Wj_with_a_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #6066
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justn

That's sweet! Do you have a writeup?

On topic, I was camping up in Kernville with my family on Friday and Saturday. Did a bit of wheeling while I was up there too. On Friday we went up to the top of Shirley Peak at the Alta Sierra ski area. There's a pretty steep dirt/gravel road that goes up there. It was eerie to look down the empty ski runs.

On Saturday my dad and I just went exploring some dirt roads right out of Kernville. We saw this one and decided to check it out.

It was pretty steep. 4 low and 1st gear all the way to the top. Then we drove the ridge for a bit before the road descended down the other side of the mountain.

After that bit of exploring we went and checked out the shore of Lake Isabella. Its pretty cool that you can drive down there. I kind of felt like I was at Pismo, only with a lot more rocks.
X2 on that double din write up/pics.

Thats Looks like a perfect weekend justn, great pics, thumbsup. 

To stay on topic, just drove and enjoy my Jeep this weekend.

Sent from my Iphone4
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #6067
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wj_with_a_WJ
towed it back from Moab after smashing the tranny pan...Cried a little...waiting for the shop to tell me it ****ed...
then long arms ...
then skid plates...
them more to come
Coming from someone who went long arms first. I'd advise you to armor up first. The WJ is a big heavy beast and its nice to know your covered when you hit. Long arms are awesome and definitely help, but if I did it all over I would do armor first.
Trevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #6068
subeng
2000 WJ 

Installed a Carolina single double cardan driveshaft and yokes today. Totally brain farted when I took the old cv yoke off the transfer case, oil pours out of the transfer case once you slide the yoke off when you haven't drained the TC first.

Replaced both the transfer case yoke seal, pinion seal, TC fluid, and differetial fluid in the process. I'm glad I got to it this weekend, the pinion nut running torque was only about 4 in-lbs prior to disassembling, way loose. Ended up leaving it with a 10-11 in-lb running torque when done, felt much better lash-wise when turning it back and forth by hand.

I thought I had wiped down all the u-joints really well, but a post drive inspection for leaks showed I didn't do so well, lots of grease tossed all over the place. They really over grease them before they send them out to you.

Any way, super smooth, no vibrations or humming, very nice product, now that I have 4wd back I need to go out and try to break it.
subeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #6069
UnGlued
2002 WJ 

Parked mine for the winter, looked on line for different front axles...
UnGlued is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #6070
joshcraig78
2000 WJ 

I made one glow prepping for hallowen.
forumrunner_20111023_204420.jpg  
joshcraig78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #6071
mckoolkid2010
1999 WJ 

didnt do anything to the wj, but was thinking about it when i did this. haha
also just ordered a spartan locker for the 44. excited to have 2wd again at least!
jeep-pumkin.jpg  
Unread 10-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #6072
alifted4x4
2000 WJ 

Ordered a blend door kit.
2000 WJ 6 1/2" lift,IRO Coils, IRO Front ADJ Long Arms, Clayton Rear Long Arms, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS Track bar, JKS Bar Pins, K & N FIPK, 265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Addco Rear Sway Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Flowmaster 40,2002 Cluster to be continued.....
alifted4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #6073
K10roc

ported/polished/and coated my throttle body and made a cool air intake for it

2000 Jeep grand WJ limited, 245/75/16, Thrust 2 chamber muffler, 2in bb, rough country shocks, slotted and drilled rotors, Torqflo trans cooler, powder coated calipers, custom made CAI, K&N cone filter, ported and polished throttle body, Chip, Torqflo trans cooler, 6000k HID, PIAA fog, lots of powder coating and blacked out parts
K10roc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #6074
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckoolkid2010
didnt do anything to the wj, but was thinking about it when i did this. haha
also just ordered a spartan locker for the 44. excited to have 2wd again at least!
AWESOME pumpkin man!!
Trevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #6075
cosmo1
2003 WJ 

Replaced both outer tie rod ends because of popping noise when I turn the steering wheel. Didn't fix the noise.
cosmo1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.