What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 403 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #6031
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevino
Wonder what it is about overlands??? When I was shopping for my WJ I checked out 3 of then and they were in the worst condition.
I Think that the people that could afford them when they wore new didnt care about repair and maintain them.
The seller was quite embaresed when i pointed out all the faults for him. He stated its not perfect cause its a 8 year old Jeep. I looked at mine and told him thats a 12 year old one, popped the hood and showed him how smooth the engine are supouse to Idle and how clean an engine compartment can be. Gave him a JF card and took off so he could hear how a 3" Kolak exhaust sounds. Ha ha ha! 

Sent from my Iphone4

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #6032
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk

I Think that the people that could afford them when they wore new didnt care about repair and maintain them.
The seller was quite embaresed when i pointed out all the faults for him. He stated its not perfect cause its a 8 year old Jeep. I looked at mine and told him thats a 12 year old one, popped the hood and showed him how smooth the engine are supouse to Idle and how clean an engine compartment can be. Gave him a JF card and took off so he could hear how a 3" Kolak exhaust sounds. Ha ha ha! 

Sent from my Iphone4
I looked at an Overland a few months ago, weird issues too, bad idle, broken grill slats, worn interior. The steering was also out of alignment, and it was missing the radio knob.

Our special edition was mint when we bought it.
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #6033
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
1. I Think that the people that could afford them when they wore new didnt care about repair and maintain them.

2. The seller was quite embarrassed when i pointed out all the faults for him. He stated its not perfect cause its a 8 year old Jeep. I looked at mine and told him thats a 12 year old one, popped the hood and showed him how smooth the engine are supposed to Idle and how clean an engine compartment can be.

3. Gave him a JF card and took off so he could hear how a 3" Kolak exhaust sounds. Ha ha ha! 
1. I agree 100% It is really sad that the nicest vehicles weren't taken care of worth s***
2. Way to go!
3. Winning!!!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #6034
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

ordered 3000k HID HIGH BEAM

put that in bold so everyone knows where its at. lol.
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #6035
navy4life
1999 WJ 

Got her ready for winter. Flushed the coolant, back flushed the heater core, new thermostat and water pump while I was there.
Unread 10-21-2011, 12:34 AM   #6036
WJGERRY
2004 WJ 

Put on my new 13 dollar hood supports... yay no mor stick to hold up my headache...
Did some online browsing....
HEY, is this a good deal for brakes.. my boat is almost fixed ans I will be doing some towing.
http://www.amazon.com/Cherokee-1999-2002-Calipers-ordering-2002-2004/dp/B0053T4C0C/ref=sr_1_37?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1319174804&sr=1-37
Or these,
http://www.amazon.com/Cross-Drilled-Slotted-Rotors-CHEROKEE/dp/B004VSVGZU/ref=sr_1_26?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1319175218&sr=1-26
WJGERRY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2011, 01:50 AM   #6037
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Got my front bumper and winch mounted again after installing my flares yesterday. Had to cut my bullbar. Gonna have some tubing bent and welded connecting from the bullbar where I cut to my rockslider.
Trevino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2011, 06:39 AM   #6038
holdfast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Their selection of 35 inch tires is........... lacking....
agreed, I was looking for a set of 265/75 R16's and the Mickey Thompson STZ's were on sell for about 140 a piece with free shipping, got a set of 5 for 40 dollars more than I would have paid for Retreads from treadwright, shipping is what kills the treadwright deal.
Unread 10-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #6039
roadcrew
1999 WJ 

Look what the postman brought me. Woo hoo!
forumrunner_20111021_141425.jpg  
roadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #6040
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
Guys aside from this being beaten to death, that discussion doesn't belong in here so please move along from that topic. Thanks.
x3
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #6041
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

ahhhhh snap! looky looky what i just ordered

warn front receiver!
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #6042
wyattrhicks
2002 TJ Wrangler 

put on Cherrybombs Glasspack, and boy she purrs
Unread 10-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #6043
Genericusername
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattrhicks View Post
put on Cherrybombs Glasspack, and boy she purrs
until the glasspacks wear out! But they're pretty cheap so you can always throw on another pair when they go bad!

Got the Jeep back from the stealership, $1600 to fix A/C and flush rear end. Not sure how hard flushing a rear end is but I'm gunna look in to it.
by the thing that spins when you drive underneath
Genericusername is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #6044
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=Genericusername;12366158]until the glasspacks wear out! But they're pretty cheap so you can always throw on another pair when they go bad!

Got the Jeep back from the stealership, $1600 to fix A/C and flush rear end. Not sure how hard flushing a rear end is but I'm gunna look in to it.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking change the diff fluid?

Here is a step by step write up... the process is the same on a WJ.... HOWEVER, depending upon the axle you have, you may need to use special gear oil and a modifier additive... You can search for this information, or just start a thread in the WJ section.

http://www.stu-offroad.com/misc/diff-1.htm

BTW, You might want to bookmark Stu's Web page as there is a lot of good information there....
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #6045
Cirruslydakota
1999 WJ 

Todays projects, minus one heated passanger mirror that hasn't arrived yet (Got a pack of 25 door retainers for $5). Install new O2 sensor to replace burned out one. Install power steering cooler and change the fluid. Oh, and renewed the tags for another year.
stuff.jpg  
Cirruslydakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.