What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 401 - JeepForum.com

 245Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #6001 of 42002 Old 10-19-2011, 02:43 PM
acwildcat
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tucson
Posts: 6
Used my new Superchips Flashpaq to put a performance tune on and reprogram the speedo for my bigger tires. There is a noticeable difference in power on my 4.7 HO

acwildcat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6002 of 42002 Old 10-19-2011, 03:03 PM
LeCoq
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 136
I've got HIDs in my stock headlights. Most of the beam has a nice cutoff and they're adjusted to avoid blinding people. There's still a little bit of glare but not bad at all. I have yet to find a nice set of projector headlight that I like. I might just do a full retrofit in my stock headlights eventually.

You have nothing to Beer but Beer itself!
LeCoq is offline  
post #6003 of 42002 Old 10-19-2011, 03:14 PM
CantFocus
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshcraig78 View Post
Prpjectors suck and are ugly as hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshcraig78 View Post
Projectors just look wrong on wj's too.

Well then HIDs dont either since they go hand in hand. Argue all you want but HIDs do not belong in reflector housings. They simply do not work and cause excessive glare. This isn't an opinion but a verifiable fact.

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #338
2003 WJ Laredo 4.7 Loaded including Upcountry Package - 2" BB - Rola rack - V3 Black Projectors - 55W 5000k HIDs - Yellow 9005 fogs - JKS Discos.... More to come
CantFocus is offline  
post #6004 of 42002 Old 10-19-2011, 03:29 PM
joshcraig78
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Loganville
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantFocus

Well then HIDs dont either since they go hand in hand. Argue all you want but HIDs do not belong in reflector housings. They simply do not work and cause excessive glare. This isn't an opinion but a verifiable fact.
I dont care what you think is a fact but here in georgia every other car on the road has hids in stock housings with no glare. Please get you facts checked.
joshcraig78 is offline  
post #6005 of 42002 Old 10-19-2011, 03:40 PM
pincheburro956
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brownsville
Posts: 997
Took off my front driveshaft. After we rebuilt the NV247 Tcase, something is wrong with either the front ds or the front diff. Dont know what it could be.

Can anyone help?

symptoms.
vibration at about35 mph.
smells like burnt diff fluid.
pulls to right a bit
binds when turning.

I know that binding is somewhat normal, but this is my first WJ and just looking for some help. Thanks guys.

"Not a single **** shall be given."

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline  
post #6006 of 42002 Old 10-19-2011, 04:06 PM
LMTD
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: st louis
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantFocus View Post
Well then HIDs dont either since they go hand in hand. Argue all you want but HIDs do not belong in reflector housings. They simply do not work and cause excessive glare. This isn't an opinion but a verifiable fact.
On a lot of gun sites where laws become debated folks have a rule, you claim it is fact, you must cite the source providing the fact.

Could you please do so in this case? I have been considering HID lighting for my heep and i was looking at the spyder ones etc. Cost is not really an issue, but I do not wish to over pay for the lighting I want either.

Can you cite where this "fact" that HID's in stock housings are an issue? I know I have read there can be huge heat generation issues in the plastic housings, but your comments seemed to stem more from improper lighting and I would like to review the materials on it.

Thanks
LMTD is offline  
post #6007 of 42002 Old 10-19-2011, 04:07 PM
djswain22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Manchester
Posts: 25
Replaced my head gasket
djswain22 is offline  
post #6008 of 42002 Old 10-19-2011, 04:12 PM
alwaysHI
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hilo
Posts: 2,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantFocus View Post
Well then HIDs dont either since they go hand in hand. Argue all you want but HIDs do not belong in reflector housings. They simply do not work and cause excessive glare. This isn't an opinion but a verifiable fact.
I agree.
When i first started driving at 16, I was in the honda scene (none of this ricer crap, because oem was jdm ) and I had HID's in everything. I still run it in my WJ. But i guess i'm finally maturing and seeing how it affects others, so my halogens are going back in......BUT, i'm running 2500K HID for my High beam because the only time its on, is during hunting, fishing, or when no one's on the road

staying on topic, I vacuumed and did my interior today!

Bronson = 21 yrs. old
BUILT, NOT BOUGHT - WORKED HARD FOR, NOT KISSED MOMMY/DADDYS A** FOR!
Build Thread - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/alwayshi-build-thread-1256466/ - SOLD
alwaysHI is offline  
post #6009 of 42002 Old 10-19-2011, 04:28 PM
CantFocus
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshcraig78 View Post
I dont care what you think is a fact but here in georgia every other car on the road has hids in stock housings with no glare. Please get you facts checked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
On a lot of gun sites where laws become debated folks have a rule, you claim it is fact, you must cite the source providing the fact.

Could you please do so in this case? I have been considering HID lighting for my heep and i was looking at the spyder ones etc. Cost is not really an issue, but I do not wish to over pay for the lighting I want either.

Can you cite where this "fact" that HID's in stock housings are an issue? I know I have read there can be huge heat generation issues in the plastic housings, but your comments seemed to stem more from improper lighting and I would like to review the materials on it.

Thanks
Under the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) part 108 there is no legal way to install a HID headlamp system on any vehicle not factory equipped with the HID headlamp system.

Now that being said, you can still safely install them using the correct housings, aka projector headlights, or a retrofit.

Here is a nice video for you since it is apparently hard for you to search and read for yourself on why it is a terrible idea to put HIDs in reflective housings.


Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #338
2003 WJ Laredo 4.7 Loaded including Upcountry Package - 2" BB - Rola rack - V3 Black Projectors - 55W 5000k HIDs - Yellow 9005 fogs - JKS Discos.... More to come
CantFocus is offline  
post #6010 of 42002 Old 10-19-2011, 04:58 PM
joshcraig78
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Loganville
Posts: 48
That is the uk not the usa. Good try though. And I just went through fmvss oart 108 and retro fitting hids into stock housings is not illegal. Please read the whole doc uh ment before you post.

Last edited by joshcraig78; 10-19-2011 at 05:12 PM.
joshcraig78 is offline  
post #6011 of 42002 Old 10-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Greentrails
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 20
Ordered a new engine. Couldn't part ways with my GC, therefore I look forward to many more years of fun with my Jeep.
Greentrails is offline  
post #6012 of 42002 Old 10-19-2011, 06:04 PM
CantFocus
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 281
The video was just meant to demonstrate to you why they are illegal. UK or not the principle is the same. To remain DOT compliant, the stock headlights are only to be used with a certain type of bulb (halogen) and only at a certain wattage (55w). Argue all you want, its still illegal on top of being inconsiderate and hazardous to other drivers.

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #338
2003 WJ Laredo 4.7 Loaded including Upcountry Package - 2" BB - Rola rack - V3 Black Projectors - 55W 5000k HIDs - Yellow 9005 fogs - JKS Discos.... More to come
CantFocus is offline  
post #6013 of 42002 Old 10-19-2011, 06:16 PM
dmextreme77
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Johnston, IA
Posts: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshcraig78
That is the uk not the usa. Good try though. And I just went through fmvss oart 108 and retro fitting hids into stock housings is not illegal. Please read the whole doc uh ment before you post.
Same thing applies to the US. The bottom line is, it can cause accidents which can lead to death. Want that on your concious?

2001 Grand Cherokee 4L
-4"RC
-265/70 Treadwright's on JK Moabs
-Bunch of misc crap

JOCCI Jeep Club
My Build Thread!!
dmextreme77 is offline  
post #6014 of 42002 Old 10-19-2011, 06:28 PM
alifted4x4
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Athens, Al.
Posts: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greentrails View Post
Ordered a new engine. Couldn't part ways with my GC, therefore I look forward to many more years of fun with my Jeep.



What did it run?

2000 WJ 6 1/2" lift,IRO Coils, IRO Front ADJ Long Arms, Clayton Rear Long Arms, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS Track bar, JKS Bar Pins, K & N FIPK, 265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Addco Rear Sway Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Flowmaster 40,2002 Cluster to be continued.....
alifted4x4 is offline  
post #6015 of 42002 Old 10-19-2011, 07:12 PM
JerseyWJ
Registered User
 
JerseyWJ's Avatar
2015 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tinton Falls
Posts: 251
new windshield, starter, and HVAC control module.

Altitude
JerseyWJ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (4 members and 1 guests)
fayceoff , gman1217 , tjmaximus , tybarious
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Tried to do Spark Plugs today in the 4.7--Didn't happend Astorm WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 43 03-24-2014 08:35 PM
Died today... jimbo141 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 28 05-09-2011 08:20 PM
I want to order some brakes today matrix849 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 30 07-25-2010 01:01 AM
found an ad today KI4KWF WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 3 07-30-2007 12:27 AM
Just got my xenon on today ! unbelivable ! gaignstar WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 8 05-12-2002 08:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome