What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 401 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 10-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #6001
acwildcat
2004 WJ 

Used my new Superchips Flashpaq to put a performance tune on and reprogram the speedo for my bigger tires. There is a noticeable difference in power on my 4.7 HO

acwildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 03:03 PM   #6002
LeCoq
1999 WJ 

I've got HIDs in my stock headlights. Most of the beam has a nice cutoff and they're adjusted to avoid blinding people. There's still a little bit of glare but not bad at all. I have yet to find a nice set of projector headlight that I like. I might just do a full retrofit in my stock headlights eventually.
Unread 10-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #6003
CantFocus
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshcraig78 View Post
Prpjectors suck and are ugly as hell.
Quote:
Projectors just look wrong on wj's too.

Well then HIDs dont either since they go hand in hand. Argue all you want but HIDs do not belong in reflector housings. They simply do not work and cause excessive glare. This isn't an opinion but a verifiable fact.
[B][SIZE="3"]Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #338[/SIZE][/B]
2003 WJ Laredo 4.7 Loaded including Upcountry Package - 2" BB - Rola rack - V3 Black Projectors - 55W 5000k HIDs - Yellow 9005 fogs - JKS Discos.... More to come
CantFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #6004
joshcraig78
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantFocus

Well then HIDs dont either since they go hand in hand. Argue all you want but HIDs do not belong in reflector housings. They simply do not work and cause excessive glare. This isn't an opinion but a verifiable fact.
I dont care what you think is a fact but here in georgia every other car on the road has hids in stock housings with no glare. Please get you facts checked.
joshcraig78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #6005
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Took off my front driveshaft. After we rebuilt the NV247 Tcase, something is wrong with either the front ds or the front diff. Dont know what it could be.

Can anyone help?

symptoms.
vibration at about35 mph.
smells like burnt diff fluid.
pulls to right a bit
binds when turning.

I know that binding is somewhat normal, but this is my first WJ and just looking for some help. Thanks guys.

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #6006
LMTD
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantFocus View Post
On a lot of gun sites where laws become debated folks have a rule, you claim it is fact, you must cite the source providing the fact.

Could you please do so in this case? I have been considering HID lighting for my heep and i was looking at the spyder ones etc. Cost is not really an issue, but I do not wish to over pay for the lighting I want either.

Can you cite where this "fact" that HID's in stock housings are an issue? I know I have read there can be huge heat generation issues in the plastic housings, but your comments seemed to stem more from improper lighting and I would like to review the materials on it.

Thanks
LMTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #6007
djswain22

Replaced my head gasket
djswain22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #6008
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantFocus View Post
I agree.
When i first started driving at 16, I was in the honda scene (none of this ricer crap, because oem was jdm ) and I had HID's in everything. I still run it in my WJ. But i guess i'm finally maturing and seeing how it affects others, so my halogens are going back in......BUT, i'm running 2500K HID for my High beam because the only time its on, is during hunting, fishing, or when no one's on the road

staying on topic, I vacuumed and did my interior today!
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #6009
CantFocus
2003 WJ 

Quote:
I dont care what you think is a fact but here in georgia every other car on the road has hids in stock housings with no glare. Please get you facts checked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
On a lot of gun sites where laws become debated folks have a rule, you claim it is fact, you must cite the source providing the fact.

Could you please do so in this case? I have been considering HID lighting for my heep and i was looking at the spyder ones etc. Cost is not really an issue, but I do not wish to over pay for the lighting I want either.

Can you cite where this "fact" that HID's in stock housings are an issue? I know I have read there can be huge heat generation issues in the plastic housings, but your comments seemed to stem more from improper lighting and I would like to review the materials on it.

Thanks
Under the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) part 108 there is no legal way to install a HID headlamp system on any vehicle not factory equipped with the HID headlamp system.

Now that being said, you can still safely install them using the correct housings, aka projector headlights, or a retrofit.

Here is a nice video for you since it is apparently hard for you to search and read for yourself on why it is a terrible idea to put HIDs in reflective housings.

2003 WJ Laredo 4.7 Loaded including Upcountry Package - 2" BB - Rola rack - V3 Black Projectors - 55W 5000k HIDs - Yellow 9005 fogs - JKS Discos.... More to come
Unread 10-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #6010
joshcraig78
2000 WJ 

That is the uk not the usa. Good try though. And I just went through fmvss oart 108 and retro fitting hids into stock housings is not illegal. Please read the whole doc uh ment before you post.

Last edited by joshcraig78; 10-19-2011 at 05:12 PM..
joshcraig78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #6011
Greentrails
1999 WJ 

Ordered a new engine. Couldn't part ways with my GC, therefore I look forward to many more years of fun with my Jeep.
Greentrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #6012
CantFocus
2003 WJ 

The video was just meant to demonstrate to you why they are illegal. UK or not the principle is the same. To remain DOT compliant, the stock headlights are only to be used with a certain type of bulb (halogen) and only at a certain wattage (55w). Argue all you want, its still illegal on top of being inconsiderate and hazardous to other drivers.
Unread 10-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #6013
dmextreme77
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshcraig78
That is the uk not the usa. Good try though. And I just went through fmvss oart 108 and retro fitting hids into stock housings is not illegal. Please read the whole doc uh ment before you post.
Same thing applies to the US. The bottom line is, it can cause accidents which can lead to death. Want that on your concious?
-Bunch of misc crap

JOCCI Jeep Club
My Build Thread!!
dmextreme77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #6014
alifted4x4
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greentrails View Post
Ordered a new engine. Couldn't part ways with my GC, therefore I look forward to many more years of fun with my Jeep.

What did it run?
2000 WJ 6 1/2" lift,IRO Coils, IRO Front ADJ Long Arms, Clayton Rear Long Arms, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS Track bar, JKS Bar Pins, K & N FIPK, 265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Addco Rear Sway Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Flowmaster 40,2002 Cluster to be continued.....
alifted4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #6015
JerseyWJ
2012 WK 

new windshield, starter, and HVAC control module.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.