What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 396 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 10-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #5926
Linus
2004 WJ 

gave the front fascia the limited look. washed her, taped off the area with blue painters tape, and used Rustoleum High Performance Wheel spray paint, says "ideal for metal and plastic". and they didn't have krylon fusion so i went with it. looks pretty good now, hope it stays that way.

Linus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #5927
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
gave the front fascia the limited look. washed her, taped off the area with blue painters tape, and used Rustoleum High Performance Wheel spray paint, says "ideal for metal and plastic". and they didn't have krylon fusion so i went with it. looks pretty good now, hope it stays that way.
Did that bumper mod a few months back and love it! I used krylon fusion hammered silver. Came out to the color of the silver part of the grille and looks amazing! haha
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #5928
Linus
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Did that bumper mod a few months back and love it! I used krylon fusion hammered silver. Came out to the color of the silver part of the grille and looks amazing! haha
yeah i had thought of it a while back but wasn't sure how it'd look. then i saw yours on here and thought it was slick so i went for it!
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #5929
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus

yeah i had thought of it a while back but wasn't sure how it'd look. then i saw yours on here and thought it was slick so i went for it!
Nice! Glad you like it! I think it will look ever better when I paint the rest black one day haha
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #5930
LMTD
2008 JK Wrangler 

Wj

Took her for a Saturday and Sunday drive.

Who says you have to have big tires to wheel?

That young man standing there is 5'11" tall as a reference.

Had a blast at the park this weekend.
LMTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 06:55 PM   #5931
alifted4x4
2000 WJ 

Changed the oil, transfercase fluid, front and rear diffs
2000 WJ 6 1/2" lift,IRO Coils, IRO Front ADJ Long Arms, Clayton Rear Long Arms, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS Track bar, JKS Bar Pins, K & N FIPK, 265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Addco Rear Sway Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Flowmaster 40,2002 Cluster to be continued.....
alifted4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #5932
alifted4x4
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskier74 View Post
do they light up in the back?

Yes they are green.
2000 WJ 6 1/2" lift,IRO Coils, IRO Front ADJ Long Arms, Clayton Rear Long Arms, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS Track bar, JKS Bar Pins, K & N FIPK, 265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Addco Rear Sway Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Flowmaster 40,2002 Cluster to be continued.....
Unread 10-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #5933
alifted4x4
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85IrocZ-28 View Post
Does the mileage get stored in the computer (and your true mileage is listed on the newer dash?)

No the mileage is on the cluster. I had to write down the old mileage and the new mileage.
Unread 10-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #5934
dmextreme77
2001 WJ 

Took my Jeep wheeling for the first time since i lifted it in March. It was a working weekend at a new wheeling spot my Jeep club is helping develop in Harris, MO called Middleofnowhere-mo.com.

Ill be posting pictures and vids in my build thread later. Videos take forever to upload!!
forumrunner_20111016_185949.jpg   forumrunner_20111016_190029.jpg  
-Bunch of misc crap

JOCCI Jeep Club
My Build Thread!!
dmextreme77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #5935
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Built a permanent winch bumper. Used all grade 8 bolts. Used 2x4 1/4 into the uni-frame w/6 bolts. 10k winch plate bolted to that with 4 bolts. Hitch bolted to 2x4 with 4 bolts. Side pieces are from a Bronco bumper braced at 4 points on either side. Brush guard welded to winch plate. Might build a lower rad guard but I'm doing an XJ rad swap soon so there it wont be there much longer. Bronco bumper free, hitch already had, winch plate 25 bucks on craigslist, brush guard already had and scrap metal left from my rock rails. So i'm into it for 40 or so bucks for hardware and such. Fender trimming will match it to the bumper soon.

Also put in a used TruSpeed I got off Craigslist. Now my speedo is dead on. Pretty cool. You can adjust it while driving.

Before pics

After pics

gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #5936
LMTD
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post
Built a permanent winch bumper. Used all grade 8 bolts. Used 2x4 1/4 into the uni-frame w/6 bolts.
I LIKE it!

I used the snot out of my winch this weekend, even had to use it on myself after the guy I just pulled out stopped and my stupid self drove half way into the mess and could not get enough speed to carry me over the hump at the exit lol.

Love a winch on a WJ aka grandma's grocery getter.
LMTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #5937
dmextreme77
2001 WJ 

Without further adue.. photos and vids from this weekends trip to Harris, MO.
Aside from losing a spring and having the time of my life, here r the pics.

A place called Middle of No Where. A new place we are creating for Jeep offroading.

Middleofnowhere-mo.com

Middle Of No Where Trip
-Bunch of misc crap

JOCCI Jeep Club
My Build Thread!!
dmextreme77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #5938
RedlegWJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justn View Post
Take off GRAND C KEE and boom! Instant HERO badge.
I was kidding ...
Gray 99 Laredo with '04 driveline wap. Tons of fun coming soon. Steel bumpers. 5 1/2" IRO coils, IRO adj. track bar. Rancho RS9000 Addco rear sway. 2"x.250" DOM long arms with johny joints. Custom A-arm with ball joint delete (J-joint). JK Moab wheels/ 33x 12.5 x 17 Cooper SST. Bushwacker Flares.
RedlegWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2011, 01:42 AM   #5939
WJGERRY
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlegWJ View Post
I was kidding ...
If it had an "I" you could make it say cheerio...

On topic... drove up the coast today with the GF... beautiful californa indian summer day
WJGERRY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2011, 04:42 AM   #5940
N3KRV
1995 ZJ 

Zj

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Hey man, you have a ZJ there... WJ's are from 1999-2004
yea I know I have a ZJ now whenI got it belive it or not whenI went to get my key cut the dealer told me it was a WJ so that is what I used whenI put the profile here and joined I don't know if it can be moved to the ZJ forum or not or even if it is worth it now. Update on mypower steering leake, it's not the pump or hoses they are all fine, it's the power streeing gear box that's squirting fluid out, now I have to decide do I want to replace it compleatly or just redo the seals.
and while I was talking to a mechanic about it I noticed teh passenger side front door was slightly out of alignment and bent out so I opend the door and bend the frame back in the 1/4" it was pulled out then I notices a LOT of small scratches and dents, someone TRIED to pry the door open to try and unlock it! I called the police and filed a report and they said they typically do not see this type of B&E, it's usually Smash and Grab around here! they said it was good I had the club on it and nothing visable for them to steal, and I called my insurance co. they are sending out an adjuster to take a look at it and cut me a check for the repairs. so does anyone know how to fix the alarm that came with these ZJ's????
N3KRV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.