What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 395 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 10-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #5911
alifted4x4
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido7seven View Post
How did you do that ? Where can I find this

I bought a cluster out of a 2002 limited. Look for some one parting one out or check the local junk yards.

2000 WJ 6 1/2" lift,IRO Coils, IRO Front ADJ Long Arms, Clayton Rear Long Arms, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS Track bar, JKS Bar Pins, K & N FIPK, 265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Addco Rear Sway Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Flowmaster 40,2002 Cluster to be continued.....
alifted4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2011, 11:37 PM   #5912
theskier74
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifted4x4 View Post
I bought a cluster out of a 2002 limited. Look for some one parting one out or check the local junk yards.
do they light up in the back?
theskier74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2011, 11:55 PM   #5913
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Does the mileage get stored in the computer (and your true mileage is listed on the newer dash?)

Today I cursed the jeep, and the idiots that installed my RK shocks. If you don't own a bottle of anti seize, buy yourself one. It is one of the best things you can do when working on a Jeep to make sure the bolts will come out the next time you need to remove them.

If you don't use it, you may end up having to weld another bolt to the broken section, and a large nut over the top so that you can get two wrenches on it at the same time to get it out.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 02:32 AM   #5914
N3KRV
1995 ZJ 

Zj Finally got my cooling system all fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
$100 just to change pads is a little steep.... Unless it was all 4 wheels
Well it was for all 4 wheels, on another not after replacing the radioator, hoses thermostat I still had a water leak, I figured out it was the water outlet it was cracked! I went and bought a new water outlet, gasket and thermostat, got the bolts off and whenI pulled up on it the bottom of the water neck housing broke off! I cleaned the surfaces off with my dremel to make totally sure that it was spotlessly clean, I didn't like the idea of using silicone gasket sealent so I got the old fashioned permatex gasket shallac and put that on but the lower housing bolt did NOT want to line upthe sepentine belt was in the wayI worked and worked onit but could NOT get the bolt to start, a neighber was walking by and said he was a Mechanic and helped me and it even took him 2 hours to get that damned thing to line up and get the bolt in, we finally got it all assembled and tightend up and saw that there was NO LEAKS! FINALLY!!!!! but I kept hearing a buzzing sound and found out the power steering pump was empty! which was strange I had jsut filled it up a month ago, I drove it over to the nearest tire place and had the front two rims changed to the same gold alloy rims and just in the 10 minutes it saw in their parking lot there was a small puddle of what at first Ithought was water but checked it and it was oil, I checed the power steering fluid level and it had all leaked out!, I thought well hell! the guy said that since it has sat for a while the pump seals probly all dried out and cracked, so now Ihave to replace the power steering pump, and I might as well have the serpentine belt replaced as well, then hopefully I won't have anymore problems! I also got the gold letterings for "JEEP" "Grand Cherokee" and "4.0 Liter" put on her along with all 4 Gold alloy wheels, and chrome "laredo and $x$ Badges, so she actually looks a lot better now.
img00436.jpg   img00438.jpg  
N3KRV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 03:15 AM   #5915
N3KRV
1995 ZJ 

BTW does anyone know where i can get the proper Center caps for my gold alloy wheels? I picked up some silver ones thining they woudl fit and was going to put the black jeep stickers on them BUT they are slightly too small. i've looked on ebay but can't seem to find any.
Thanks
N3KRV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #5916
thisguyhasadd2
2002 WJ 

ha the hero thing is a joke between friends as i dont really drive the jeep unless im going camping ..... enduro ftw 80mpg
thisguyhasadd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #5917
RedlegWJ
1999 WJ 

Where can I get a HERO decal?
Gray 99 Laredo with '04 driveline wap. Tons of fun coming soon. Steel bumpers. 5 1/2" IRO coils, IRO adj. track bar. Rancho RS9000 Addco rear sway. 2"x.250" DOM long arms with johny joints. Custom A-arm with ball joint delete (J-joint). JK Moab wheels/ 33x 12.5 x 17 Cooper SST. Bushwacker Flares.
RedlegWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #5918
justn
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlegWJ View Post
Where can I get a HERO decal?
Take off GRAND C KEE and boom! Instant HERO badge.
Unread 10-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #5919
ctwistedpair
2002 WJ 

Wj Seized lugs

Installed my 1 1/2 inch wheel spacers today. 2 lugs on the passenger rear were seized, had to be burned off. Nasty bit of work. cutting torches near fuel tanks make me nervous.
ctwistedpair is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #5920
GearHead84
2003 WJ 

My I6 sounds like a V8!

Couple nights ago threw on the K&N intake, yes there is a noticeable difference with throttle response and torque. No I will not have any problems with dirt/dust getting in the motor, if you keep it oiled and clean as designed you will be fine. This morning I threw on a 2.5" pipe and a Flowmaster Delta 50. I notice a lot of people going with the 70 series. If you like a deep mellow tone, I highly recommend the 50 series. I built a Camaro years ago and it had a full exhaust and E-cut out: LOUD even at idle. Flowmaster 50 on a Jeep: QUIET. Mild rumble at idle, NO noise on the highway, nice deep rumble while accelerating. Finally, obvious gains in throttle response and torque.
GearHead84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #5921
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3KRV View Post
Well it was for all 4 wheels, on another not after replacing the radioator, hoses thermostat I still had a water leak, I figured out it was the water outlet it was cracked! I went and bought a new water outlet, gasket and thermostat, got the bolts off and whenI pulled up on it the bottom of the water neck housing broke off! I cleaned the surfaces off with my dremel to make totally sure that it was spotlessly clean, I didn't like the idea of using silicone gasket sealent so I got the old fashioned permatex gasket shallac and put that on but the lower housing bolt did NOT want to line upthe sepentine belt was in the wayI worked and worked onit but could NOT get the bolt to start, a neighber was walking by and said he was a Mechanic and helped me and it even took him 2 hours to get that damned thing to line up and get the bolt in, we finally got it all assembled and tightend up and saw that there was NO LEAKS! FINALLY!!!!! but I kept hearing a buzzing sound and found out the power steering pump was empty! which was strange I had jsut filled it up a month ago, I drove it over to the nearest tire place and had the front two rims changed to the same gold alloy rims and just in the 10 minutes it saw in their parking lot there was a small puddle of what at first Ithought was water but checked it and it was oil, I checed the power steering fluid level and it had all leaked out!, I thought well hell! the guy said that since it has sat for a while the pump seals probly all dried out and cracked, so now Ihave to replace the power steering pump, and I might as well have the serpentine belt replaced as well, then hopefully I won't have anymore problems! I also got the gold letterings for "JEEP" "Grand Cherokee" and "4.0 Liter" put on her along with all 4 Gold alloy wheels, and chrome "laredo and $x$ Badges, so she actually looks a lot better now.
Hey man, you have a ZJ there... WJ's are from 1999-2004
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #5922
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwistedpair View Post
Installed my 1 1/2 inch wheel spacers today. 2 lugs on the passenger rear were seized, had to be burned off. Nasty bit of work. cutting torches near fuel tanks make me nervous.
where did you get your spacers at? Ive been looking at spidertrax but there website only list 1 1/4 for the wj.
Unread 10-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #5923
JRobes
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskier74 View Post
do they light up in the back?
ya... they glow light green
1.jpg   2.jpg  
JRobes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #5924
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Quick detail. Ran out of dressing for the trim though.

Also, pick of the Rola from Friday
2004 4.0L w/242 WJ - Front tow points, Rear D Shackel, 3"/2.5" lift, 245/75 Falken ATs, Sway Bar delete, Overland Sliders, T-Case Skid, Hella 500's, Halved Bumper, Custom Rad.Core Skid, Soft 8's, MV50 OBA, Hi-lift/lift mate, shovel, (1st)On-Board Cooler, OME S.S., Rola Basket.....more soon
Blkdvll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #5925
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkdvll View Post
Quick detail. Ran out of dressing for the trim though.
Also, pick of the Rola from Friday
Looking really good man!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.