What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 39 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #571
bwizzel
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherker55 View Post
How much did you pick those up for? My junkyard has raised their prices I think...I got cross bars for $25 before IIRC, now they want $45
I got the crossbars and hooks for $10 each

Unread 11-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #572
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjeeplovesmud View Post
why do you want 2 stabilizers?
it puts less stress on your drag link
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #573
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwizzel View Post
thats a steal. what size socket do i need to strip em off? i was thinking about doing that this weekend...did you just rip the bumper off, or did you take it off with tools and such?

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #574
StrokedWJ
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Nice

How's the rear bumper coming along?
Slowly...I really only have a few hours a week to work on it. Got the main section welded up and started grinding it smooth. Waiting on more metal to do the sides with.

Click this -->Think you can beat me?
StrokedWJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #575
99WJNM
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwizzel View Post
LUCKY!!!! ###### i cant even find them in albuquerque in and of the vast junkyards here and everyone i call say the wj's they do have are stripped clean
99WJNM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2010, 05:52 PM   #576
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokedWJ View Post
Slowly...I really only have a few hours a week to work on it. Got the main section welded up and started grinding it smooth. Waiting on more metal to do the sides with.
Can't wait to see it. Need some ideas for mine.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #577
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstajeep03 View Post
it puts less stress on your drag link
but will kill your steering box
ZONE 4" Lift With 32" Duratracs
Hella Lighting - Rola Rack - KOR 3/4 Spacers
IRO Sliders - Rusty's Hooks - Cobra CB

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
myjeeplovesmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #578
bwizzel
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
thats a steal. what size socket do i need to strip em off? i was thinking about doing that this weekend...did you just rip the bumper off, or did you take it off with tools and such?
it seemed like the guy behind the counter just made up a price when i asked him. I used a 15mm socket... you probably already know this but, you are just taking the bracket off the frame, not the hooks off the bracket. As for the bumper, it was already gone when i got there... but i probably would have just ripped it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJNM View Post
LUCKY!!!! ###### i cant even find them in albuquerque in and of the vast junkyards here and everyone i call say the wj's they do have are stripped clean
This was the first junkyard i've gone to in Omaha and in the lot i checked out, i found only 1 out of 8 WJs that had hooks. I also found two decent looking (at first glance) OEM hitches with bezel, wiring harness, and one even had the Jeep hitch plug.. but i didn't pull those.
Unread 11-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #579
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Got new A/T's put on and then installed White LED interior lights! What a difference in the tires and the Lights!!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #580
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Maintenance day, rotated the tires, cleaned all the mud out of the interior, and took it through the car wash, also mounted my license plate..

Unread 11-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #581
Altared_WJ_2001
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Maintenance day, rotated the tires, cleaned all the mud out of the interior, and took it through the car wash, also mounted my license plate..

Great Bumper / Winch combo!
Altared_WJ_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #582
jtcnj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitnail View Post
Happy Bday me.

woot!! Sounds like you may have a keeper there....

Had an itchy idle: $37 bucks and a TPS scratched it smooooooth.

Did the blend door hack and tape dance woo hoo! Hoorah! Heat AND a fully defrosted / defogged (and thus defugged?) windshield.

Unsure what a healthy 4.7 sounds like at idle, (machinery with moving parts DOES make sounds) have a little bit of a tap, not consistent, most noticeable on cold start up, once idle comes down a couple hundred rpm after a minute or so, at oil pan, not up at valvetrain. Any thoughts? Doesn't everyone lay under their truck and intently listen to it's sounds like you study the curves of your woman? Or, is this a bit eccentric?

"The only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on......" Bob Dylan

"Dubyuh" or "Blue Bayou": Patriot Blue 2001 Up-Country WJ Limited 4.7L V8 Quadra Drive: for now known as "Al-Dente" after my wife's "mod".

New Addition 12/2011: "Pearl" Forest Green Pearlcoat 1999 xj SE 4.0L/AW4/231/8.25 mostly stock for now.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Ronald Wilson Reagan
jtcnj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #583
EvilWJ02
2002 WJ 

found out the PCM in the jeep went bad! wooo! AND my heating coil is messed up as well. going to the shop monday
Unread 11-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #584
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Sold the ugly 20" wheels that were on my wifes limited when i bought it for her, Paid 200 for a set of stock 03 wheels with close to new tires and a brand new full size spare.

Changed the oil in my laredo with 10w-30 mobile 1 full synthetic and a mobile 1 filter. Checked the tire pressures and used white lithium grease on all the door seems, latches, hinges, tailgate seems, and hood seems.
Unread 11-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #585
Mud_Crazy
2002 WJ 

started working on my new grill. picked up some shadow paint that turns crome into a pro looking black crome job. or so the can said. so i decided to give it a shot, while doing up my new grill.

(pics to come)

took the fromt grill off and tape off all the chrome trim. sprayed on the transulsent black. and then the clear coat. then drank some beer while my buddies wife made home made pumpkin pie for me (was a bet she lost, haha red wings sucked last night!!)

today i i picked up some wire meshing and will be hot glueing it behind the newly pained black chrome trim. looks sweet!!!
SILVER&BLACK 02 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4.7L V8 HO, Clayton 6" liftT w/ Bilstien 5100's and 2in pucks , 37X12.5 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's on red and black Creeper Locks, front and back Dana 60 w/ ARB lockers, Chromolly shafts and 5.13 gears, ARB compressor, Flowmaster 50 exhuast, K&N FIPK, IRO front bumper and flares, and Cobra 29NW with firestick antenna.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/backdoor_artist-first-ever-jeep-build-1167659/index7.html#post12830094"]Build Thread[/URL]
Mud_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.