Haha... No if the relay wasnt engaged chances are he didnt mess anything up... if you saw sparks flying that means you used the wrong fuse/didnt fuse it at all and may have done damage. Given you guys seem to be pretty new to electrical work DO NOT forget the inline fuse next to the battery or you very much may risk burning your Jeep to the ground. Probably a 15-20a would do. Tap to the cig lighter was basically just so if you turned off your Jeep the switch would lose power and automatically shut off your driving lights. If you only have one wire going to your switch well thats your problem. The switch serves as a physical interruptor to your circuit. It cannot control the relay without physical power to interrupt. Thats why you connect one side of the switch to the power and the other side to the relay.
It'll work like this:
Key on --> Cigarette lighter on --> switch off --> Lights off
Key on --> Cigarette lighter on --> switch on --> Lights on
Key off --> Cigarette lighter off --> switch doesnt have power --> Lights off
I redid the wiring soldered this time,.use heat, shrink, put a fuse, and just.gotta tap into the cig lighter.
Washed and clay-barred, painted the passenger cladding with Rustoleum Universal Black (satin), and she turned over 100k! I stopped just to take a picture...
Up next after my attempt at JB Welding a pin hole leak in the radiator is a transmission fluid and filter change.
3" OME with pretty much all the fixings coming from Kolak as well. << That man is awesome for all your Jeep part needs FYI!
^^ Really like your white WJ there, and I agree that though the black is nice, I think a satin or flat would look better, but the Limited looks all right and it's kinda different looking.