Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#7,481 ·
Bought a new battery yesterday. Autozone had perfect timing sending me a 30% off coupon.
you like that battery i have the same one had it for 3 years now 1000 Cold cranking amps!

#7,486 ·
Got the cb mounted finally where it doesn't bother my knee and cleaned/organized the back for wheeling tomorrow in ocala national forest

Attachments

#7,493 ·
TjinTopeka said:
Replaced the joint connecting the Pitman arm to the drag link, the old one had over an 1/8'' of up/down play.

I have not driven it yet, does anyone think the play could cause some shimmy over bumps?
Where'd you order it? I think its about time to do mine.

Seafoamed my brake booster line earlier. Half a bottle, let it soak for about 15 minutes. Ungodly amount of smoke, but only for about 5 minutes, and it was gone almost as soon as I started driving. Guess the mystery oil is doing its thing in the gas!

#7,494 ·
Replaced the bashed steering stabilizer with a new Pro Comp one I grabbed from 4 Wheel Parts. Death Wobble was not very fun.

#7,495 ·
Bought oil change stuff for the wj. Also replaced the tailgate struts, modified the airbox and setup a true ram air to the front grill. The WJ hauls now and sounds great. Now to start saving for OME/sways/trackbar, tires and wheels. Oh and i have noticed a slight boost in fuel mileage but ill take it with a grain of salt as the evic isnt exactly the most accurate.

finally replaced my hood struts....it sure is nice to have it open itself and to not worry about whatever i have it propped open with slipping and putting me in an unwanted nap
Yeah I know how you feel I just replaced mine and before i did i had the hood fall several times and man did it make my head ring a few times...

#7,497 ·
mrJ said:
Where'd you order it? I think its about time to do mine.

Seafoamed my brake booster line earlier. Half a bottle, let it soak for about 15 minutes. Ungodly amount of smoke, but only for about 5 minutes, and it was gone almost as soon as I started driving. Guess the mystery oil is doing its thing in the gas!
I picked one up from Napa, the one I got is greasable and runs $47.

#7,498 ·
Replaced the bashed steering stabilizer with a new Pro Comp one I grabbed from 4 Wheel Parts. Death Wobble was not very fun.
a steering stabilizer will not cure death wobble. this is a known fact beaten with a piece of wood. over. and over. and over. and over.

it just masks it. something else is causing the death wobble.

#7,499 ·
Was wondering what was clunking in the rear suspension in the Jeep for the longest time. Thought it was my a-arm ball joint. Nope, should have checked all shock bolts for tightness. The one was really loose, problem solved!

#7,500 ·
Roommate sold a part I was trying to sell without telling me. So agervating. I can't wait to get home. Thing of it is. I was going to use that money to put towards my lift. Jerk. Sorry for the rant.