What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 37 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Jeep Tweaks at JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 10-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #541
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67jeepstang View Post
@myjeeplovesmud...........that looks so awesome!!!!!! i wanna do that! how did you run the power/GND wires? through the A arms or what?
no guys, NOT ONE HID in my rig... i have pics of the wiring in my build thread

ZONE 4" Lift With 32" Duratracs
Hella Lighting - Rola Rack - KOR 3/4 Spacers
IRO Sliders - Rusty's Hooks - Cobra CB

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
myjeeplovesmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2010, 03:18 PM   #542
Mud_Crazy
2002 WJ 

changed the oil on my new wj. looks like the previous owner didnt change it for awhile. was real nasty. auto zone has a deal right now. 28$ for a filter and 5QT oil, ad some oil stabalizer and your good. also bought all the fluids and filters needed to change the axles, transfer case, tranny, brake fluid, power steering, and coolents. well spent 350 if it to save thosands later on a wj with 120K on it
SILVER&BLACK 02 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4.7L V8 HO, Clayton 6" liftT w/ Bilstien 5100's and 2in pucks , 37X12.5 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's on red and black Creeper Locks, front and back Dana 60 w/ ARB lockers, Chromolly shafts and 5.13 gears, ARB compressor, Flowmaster 50 exhuast, K&N FIPK, IRO front bumper and flares, and Cobra 29NW with firestick antenna.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/backdoor_artist-first-ever-jeep-build-1167659/index7.html#post12830094"]Build Thread[/URL]
Mud_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #543
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoor_artist View Post
changed the oil on my new wj. looks like the previous owner didnt change it for awhile. was real nasty. auto zone has a deal right now. 28$ for a filter and 5QT oil, ad some oil stabalizer and your good. also bought all the fluids and filters needed to change the axles, transfer case, tranny, brake fluid, power steering, and coolents. well spent 350 if it to save thosands later on a wj with 120K on it
make sure teh oil stabilizer is equal to one quart

sorry to say this but might need to return some of things you bought. did not list you TC or trany so just posting for help

-if you have a 247 TC its dealer only fluid for the TC
- if you have a 247 TC the PS fluid is dealer only
-for the coolant need the HOAT coolant that you can get at napa in the gold bottle called G-05 from valvoline
- might need limited slip additive from the dealer only as well but can use gear fluid form autozone

good info hear Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ - Maintenance information and schedules
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2010, 03:52 PM   #544
Mud_Crazy
2002 WJ 

yeah i got alot of the stuff from the dealer. about have, i got the mopar coolent, limided slip addative, tranny fluid, transfer case fluid, power steering fluid. but the rest was from auto zone.

i used that same site to find out all the correct part numbers i needed do do it right. P/O i think negected the vehicle. found a wasps nest under the hood that i could see till i was taking the oil filter off. pretty big one too! looks like the car sat for awhile
SILVER&BLACK 02 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4.7L V8 HO, Clayton 6" liftT w/ Bilstien 5100's and 2in pucks , 37X12.5 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's on red and black Creeper Locks, front and back Dana 60 w/ ARB lockers, Chromolly shafts and 5.13 gears, ARB compressor, Flowmaster 50 exhuast, K&N FIPK, IRO front bumper and flares, and Cobra 29NW with firestick antenna.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/backdoor_artist-first-ever-jeep-build-1167659/index7.html#post12830094"]Build Thread[/URL]
Unread 10-31-2010, 06:27 PM   #545
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoor_artist View Post
yeah i got alot of the stuff from the dealer. about have, i got the mopar coolent, limided slip addative, tranny fluid, transfer case fluid, power steering fluid. but the rest was from auto zone.

i used that same site to find out all the correct part numbers i needed do do it right. P/O i think negected the vehicle. found a wasps nest under the hood that i could see till i was taking the oil filter off. pretty big one too! looks like the car sat for awhile
oh ok sorry it sounded like you bought everything from the dealer.
have fun with the work. when you do the PS fluid it will make a noise when there no fluid in the line but it will be ok

looking at you sig it looks like you making a nice jeep that can offroad. have fun with the jeep
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2010, 06:51 PM   #546
Mud_Crazy
2002 WJ 

haha. yeah im stoked to take it off road. hopefully soon. still waiting on all my parts to come in. ill have a build thread and pics once i start.

Unread 11-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #547
sherker55
2004 WJ 

WTF are you guys talking about...PNG...SRF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
This may sound sad but its kinda cool lol. Its a Saturday night and I have nothing better to do so w/e. Okay I have a Garmin Nuvi in my WJ and I know of a site thats called vehiclesforgarminnuvi.com . I really suggest you guys check it out if you're into tweaking stuff, they have files that you load on to your GPS (no its not modding, garmin encourages adding vehicles to your GPS). So on there I found a WJ... SWEET! GREAT SUCCESS! Then I noticed it was gold. I started thinking, maybe I could change it around. So I downloaded the Gold WJ and decided to decode the file only to find a huge PNG. Long story short I used Adobe CS4 and altered the color of it almost perfectly to match my white WJ. Now this is the icon that will be displayed on the Nuvi in my WJ:
(heres a couple angles of it)

Call me nerdy say what you want, I like to tweak stuff lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by techRob View Post
I like nerdy things like this. what did you use to unpack the srf?

nevermind, I googled it. if anyone else is interested: nüvi utilities
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2010, 03:35 PM   #548
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherker55 View Post
WTF are you guys talking about...PNG...SRF!
A .PNG is a type of image file, much like the more standard .jpg that your typical camera would output except it supports transparency, so the image doesnt have to be a perfect square when it shows up somewhere

SRF is a type of file that Garmin uses and it packs a bunch of different angles of a 3d model into one file so your GPS can reference them depending on what direction you're turning on your GPS

The result.. a really unnecessary but cool feature where your Garmin GPS shows an accurate model of your Jeep when navigating

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #549
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

Quote:
A .PNG is a type of image file, much like the more standard .jpg that your typical camera would output except it supports transparency, so the image doesnt have to be a perfect square when it shows up somewhere

SRF is a type of file that Garmin uses and it packs a bunch of different angles of a 3d model into one file so your GPS can reference them depending on what direction you're turning on your GPS

The result.. a really unnecessary but cool feature where your Garmin GPS shows an accurate model of your Jeep when navigating
with a yellow box around it!!!! hahaha

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
Unread 11-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #550
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjeeplovesmud View Post
with a yellow box around it!!!! hahaha
lol I dont know whats wrong with it. If you send me or post up a pic so I know what it looks like I might be able to figure it out but I did everything all how its supposed to be. Try a vehicle straight off vehiclesforgarminnuvi.com and see if those give you problems. If they do, its probably a compatibility thing with your GPS. If they dont, I screwed up somewhere on my end

Edit: Yeah it looks like it might be my fault. Because I had to change the hue on yours and not just the saturation and brightness photoshop second-guesses the alpha transparency around the vehicle in the PNG format. So I did it right in theory but photoshop's PNG format is a no-no with the garmin. When I get back from class tonight I'll throw another transparency layer on with another image editor and see what happens, I'll email you the updated copy

p.s. I'm guessing yours looks kinda like this right now:

Alright I've thrown this thread terribly off topic so in relevance, I was able to clean and detail my new floormats today, they look nice and fresh and ready for some of the snow, which actually we got a little bit of last night!! I'm getting ready for snow season. Oh also I got my parking permit for the WJ upgraded so I can see it and remote start it from my dorm building now. WOOT!

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #551
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

Quote:
lol I dont know whats wrong with it. If you send me or post up a pic so I know what it looks like I might be able to figure it out but I did everything all how its supposed to be. Try a vehicle straight off vehiclesforgarminnuvi.com and see if those give you problems. If they do, its probably a compatibility thing with your GPS. If they dont, I screwed up somewhere on my end

Edit: Yeah it looks like it might be my fault. Because I had to change the hue on yours and not just the saturation and brightness photoshop second-guesses the alpha transparency around the vehicle in the PNG format. So I did it right in theory but photoshop's PNG format is a no-no with the garmin. When I get back from class tonight I'll throw another transparency layer on with another image editor and see what happens, I'll email you the updated copy

p.s. I'm guessing yours looks kinda like this right now:

Alright I've thrown this thread terribly off topic so in relevance, I was able to clean and detail my new floormats today, they look nice and fresh and ready for some of the snow, which actually we got a little bit of last night!! I'm getting ready for snow season. Oh also I got my parking permit for the WJ upgraded so I can see it and remote start it from my dorm building now. WOOT!
just saw the news.... chance of snow WED.!!!

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
Unread 11-02-2010, 02:52 AM   #552
jplifee
1999 WJ 

heater core yikes

Started to do the heater core on my 1999 wj limited 4.7

pulled the dash no problem, downloaded videos off youtube of the step by step process. put them on my net book and watched them the whole time.

about 30 minutes worth of video, little less in 3 parts

i would watch a step, pause it, do the step and move on.

helped me make sure i go all the connectors and bolts.

it went pretty smooth to the end. but it didnt say how to take out the HVAC

Just the dash removal. so i was guessing at the end,

but i got everything out with only minor speed bumps.

ps all blend doors seem to be intact ? lucky

and finally to the heater core, took pics of the aftermath for you guys.

jplifee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2010, 08:09 AM   #553
RedlegWJ
1999 WJ 

Parked mine yesterday, driving a rental. Just cleared 248,000 miles the other day and the engine finaly succomed. It had gone from a tick to light knocking lately. Finally gave up a cylinder and shakes while spitting oil out the breather and valve cover. Wasn't overheating and oil pressure was ok. I'd have probably kept going til I hit catastrophic failure, but it was losing oil directly on the exhaust manifold. Shopping for a 4.0 for a 99 now. Kind of have my open for a 2nd car in the meantime.
RedlegWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #554
K10roc

replaced the much needed radiator
2000 Jeep grand WJ limited, 245/75/16, Thrust 2 chamber muffler, 2in bb, rough country shocks, slotted and drilled rotors, Torqflo trans cooler, powder coated calipers, custom made CAI, K&N cone filter, ported and polished throttle body, Chip, Torqflo trans cooler, 6000k HID, PIAA fog, lots of powder coating and blacked out parts
K10roc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #555
RaptorPDX
2003 WJ 

Ordered a 2" lift from Fat Bobs!!! Can't wait!! Shopping for tires.
RaptorPDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.