What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 347 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 09-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #5191
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Rockauto have whole sale right now, half price on Radiator hoses and more.....
Ill check them out, but Im going to the stealership today as I wanna get the WJ back on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsar10 View Post
Regualr HOAT coolant is NOT the correct stuff for our WJ's, IT HAS TO BE MS-9769 or as JEEP says "ANY OTHER TYPE WILL CAUSE ENGINE AND COOLING SYSTEM DAMAGE"

http://www.wjjeeps.com/service/cooling.htm#DRAIN40
Im getting my coolant from the stealership. You can also use zerex if need be, but Im going mopar for 100% peace of mind.

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 low output quadradrive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein 5100, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in exhaust with flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, Custom K and N FIPK, modded airbox with ram air, Fastman 71mm Throttle body, PML RFE Deep pan, Autometer digital trans temp gauge, P.I.E. aux adapter, Infinity reference 3.5/6x9/6.5, 200w inverter, surco rack, front/rear/cargo husky liners.
WJ Build!
liquidxit2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #5192
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidxit2 View Post
Ill check them out, but Im going to the stealership today as I wanna get the WJ back on the road.

Im getting my coolant from the stealership. You can also use zerex if need be, but Im going mopar for 100% peace of mind.
only the zerex that IIRC is called G5 or something like that, (gold bottle)

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #5193
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

^^^this...

13qt needed for full drain/refill.
image-2755942053.png  
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #5194
moPowered

Washed the wheels in the rain lol. They were dirty and bugging me.
moPowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #5195
2cflyr
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cflyr View Post
STARTED the redo of the rear main seal. got everything unbuttoned, the starter motor placed carefully and the bottom end stiffener taken off...only to discover that we dont own (between my tool and my dad's extensive snap-on collection) that we dont have a deep well 20mm or 13/16ths for the mains.

(we're still not convinced it's 13/16ths, but that's the shallow socket that we had that fitted. no 20mm to try either)

so, the jeep sits in the garage with no oil pan as we speak. a neighbor of my dad has the required socket, so the jeep will get completed tomorrow.
project done! no leak...for now. apparently the main seal can take a few days to swell up with oil.

notes:
20mm was still too small for the main caps. used the 13/16ths w/o issue. still would have liked to try a 21mm
RTV (in moderation) will not hold the gasket in place on the block when you're attempting to place the pan.
2cflyr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #5196
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

Yeah they gave me 2 gallons and I didnt even think about it and its the pre mixed mopar pink coolant as I planned. Guess Ill be taking another trip out there tonight for another gallon.
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 low output quadradrive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein 5100, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in exhaust with flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, Custom K and N FIPK, modded airbox with ram air, Fastman 71mm Throttle body, PML RFE Deep pan, Autometer digital trans temp gauge, P.I.E. aux adapter, Infinity reference 3.5/6x9/6.5, 200w inverter, surco rack, front/rear/cargo husky liners.
WJ Build!
Unread 09-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #5197
sherker55
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsar10 View Post
Regualr HOAT coolant is NOT the correct stuff for our WJ's, IT HAS TO BE MS-9769 or as JEEP says "ANY OTHER TYPE WILL CAUSE ENGINE AND COOLING SYSTEM DAMAGE"

http://www.wjjeeps.com/service/cooling.htm#DRAIN40
Quote:

Quote:
Yeah they gave me 2 gallons and I didnt even think about it and its the pre mixed mopar pink coolant as I planned. Guess Ill be taking another trip out there tonight for another gallon.
I had to replace my MOPAR radiator (that they only warrenty for 12 months) a couple of weeks ago, they wanted $398 for a new one and wouldnt cover the one I just replaced 15 months ago...so I got one from pepboys for $168, and I bought prestone "ANY MAKE, ANY MODEL, ANY...etc"

I told the parts guy at stealership "why should I spend more money for a part from you that you only cover for a year, when I can buy the same part from pepboys that's got a lifetime warranty (no labor) and I can save $200..." then he said "well that stuff is junk, not mopar, blah, blah, blah"...so I said "well here I am again replacing a mopar radiator for the second time, so who's parts are junk???...and if your parts were so much better than anyone elses, then why won't you warranty them for more than 12 months...'''

F mopar, they can kiss my *** and suck my balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillMcD View Post
She said call her when your over 4"
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #5198
JRT403
2000 WJ 

More a culmination of what has happened over the past couple of weeks...but here it is:

Ended up putting a vinyl over the black section of the that I had painted with bedliner hood. Got into some mud and when I went to wash it, there were stains that would not come off of the bedliner. The vinyl has a perfect finish anyways. Also added a brush guard, wired some hellas onto it (all from craigslist pretty cheap), added a cb that my neighbor gave me and smoked the tail lights.

Charger is not mine...unfortunately
Unread 09-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #5199
WJGERRY
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaCali89 View Post
I only know of Hollister...sorta far if your in Redding though
Hey thanks.. I did find a place up there.. and some others
Yes hollister is definitly on my list..
Im in the Bay Area too!!
WJGERRY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #5200
ragyabuamra
WJ 

fIXED The bloody leak in the power steering pump ... Finally

Forgive me jeep, I have sinned
ragyabuamra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:43 PM   #5201
WJGERRY
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EisBlade View Post
I have OME's on it now plus 3/4in spackers front, rear, and MX-6's for a 4in, track bar, and tranny drop. Guess I just need to find MOABs. Thanks for all this. I don't see much more than curbs and light trail use so should be good; 3in lift tops. I'm trying to avoid trimming.
If you stick to a 31" (no bigger) tire I think you can avoid trimming
WJGERRY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2011, 12:32 AM   #5202
straty1987

came back form wildowood/cap may NJ and the jeep has new door dings due to the small spots.

also found some sick JK and some odd ones (22's n chrome out). best one was a lifted one in a handicap spot with no doors or top.
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2011, 04:03 AM   #5203
MichaelaCali89
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGERRY

Hey thanks.. I did find a place up there.. and some others
Yes hollister is definitly on my list..
Im in the Bay Area too!!
Can you let me know where it is? My grandparents have a ranch over there, it would give me more of a reason to go lol....you totally gotta go to Hollister! Where in the bay are you from?
MichaelaCali89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2011, 06:48 AM   #5204
03wjtyler

ordered the ionic predator and lights for it. cant wait for it to come in
03wjtyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #5205
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

Snapped a thermostat bolt.
WJ Build!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.