What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 341 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #5101
semperfi96
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Grrr... Jealous.

Now that I'm giving rides to people though I realized how underpowered the 4.0 is with 3 people and the bumpers on it. Too much weight
Imagine that with 33's and stock gears, AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH

[CENTER][SIZE="2"][B][U][I]PARTS STILL NEEDED, 4.10 GEARS, PUSHBAR, OR WINCH, REAR TIRE CARRIER[/I][/U][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #550[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
semperfi96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #5102
roadcrew
1999 WJ 

I tried landscaping my jeep too. I just could not get the grass to grow. Got the dirt part down.
roadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #5103
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcrew
i tried landscaping my jeep too. I just could not get the grass to grow. Got the dirt part down.
lmfao!!!
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #5104
240impala
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaCali89
Parked on my front yard!....why?...cause I ****ing can! ....and were getting it landscaped....and I am a 22year old *******
Haha I always park mine in some part of my yard lol makes my dad mad though

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-slow-but-getting-there-1153271/[/url]

IRO 6.5" lift, IRO Front long arms, rear iro adj upper a arm and adj rear lower, custom 4x4 fab front bumper, rough country winch, 15" crager soft 8's, procomp 35-12.50 tire, fenders trimmed KOR light bar, malone roof rack
240impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #5105
MichaelaCali89
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi96

Prozac or xynax helps lool
Prozac is for crazy people? Lol hey its fun to park on my yard, makes me feel cool....but I live in Los Altos so I am sure my neighbors hate it hehe
MichaelaCali89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #5106
MichaelaCali89
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcrew
I tried landscaping my jeep too. I just could not get the grass to grow. Got the dirt part down.
Haha sorry that didn't make sense omg...I meant the yard hehe
Unread 09-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #5107
MichaelaCali89
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240impala

Haha I always park mine in some part of my yard lol makes my dad mad though
Haha you do? Nice! Luckily no one has told me **** yet
Unread 09-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #5108
240impala
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaCali89

Haha you do? Nice! Luckily no one has told me **** yet
Haha well we have had no rain in awhile so I'm just killing it

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-slow-but-getting-there-1153271/[/url]

IRO 6.5" lift, IRO Front long arms, rear iro adj upper a arm and adj rear lower, custom 4x4 fab front bumper, rough country winch, 15" crager soft 8's, procomp 35-12.50 tire, fenders trimmed KOR light bar, malone roof rack
240impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #5109
MichaelaCali89
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240impala

Haha well we have had no rain in awhile so I'm just killing it
Lmao...you guys have dirt in your yard only? Lol
Unread 09-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #5110
tjlmbklr
2002 WJ 

For the motor:

I drained my 1100mile +/- motor oil from when I put the 76k JY motor in with a can of Engine Restore added (I am a firm believer). The last 165 miles of that oil was run with a 1/3 can of Sea-Foam (yes I know the warnings). The other 2/3 were dumped in the tank and through the brake boost line. Tomorrow if I have time I will then change all the plugs with The Champion equivalent.

For the drive train:

I changed rear diff fluid with Royal Purple. Having never done a diff fluid change before and certainly not on a (former) Quadra Drive/Vari-Lok I did not know that RP has the Friction Modifier in it. I now know this is needed for the Vari-lok which I still have along with my Selec-Trac Tcase !

The dope at the store should have known I didn't need it. He sold me that additive too when I asked for it. I didn't find this out until after I drained the old fluid. Oh well hopefully he's there when I return it since I am sure I will never need it.

I remember back in the days (hah I am only 35) when you went to one of the few auto parts store that the guys working there new a hell of a lot then the guys today. But in their defense cars have become so more complex and vast. Who could remember everything other then a mister fix all mechanic.

Long story I know. But that's what I did.

I have SOooo much more to do cosmetic and chassis (154k on Chassis)

May do a lift since so much needs to be replaced that for the money I can get a low budget boost with shocks for less. I be doing it mainly for looks anyway. I have 2011 wheels that are an in wider. They look so much sweeter then the corroding Rogues that had leaky beads on all the tires. Now I have Michelin LTX's 245/65/17 on all fours (which calculates to a little over 1/2 taller then stock. A 2.5 in lift will really jazz up the look of the Jeep. So I will only aspire to go off road but prolly never will see more then snow and a mud puddle
tjlmbklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #5111
MadMonk
1999 WJ 

Fix a speedometer problem I've had since installing the SpeedoDRD recalibrator. Instead of soldering the power connectors, I tried using "quick and easy" t-taps. Unfortunately, the Jeep's ground wire is significantly thicker than the ground wire on the device so the thinner wire was only making intermittent connection and my speedo just stopped working. I finally had a little time on my hands so I fixed it by pulling off the t-taps and soldering everything the way is should have been done the first time. (I can hear my dad's words echoing from my past as he shook his head - "You always have the time to fix it, but never the time to do it right the first time").

Only one minor injury from the process this time - no solder burns and only a small finger cut from trying to trim off electrical tape with a dull knife blade. Winning!
'99 WJ Limited 4x4, 4.0L, Patriot Blue Metallic, IRO 3" springs, track bar, and rear sway bar links, Doetsch Tech 8000 shocks, Tenneco steering stabilizer, Carolina Driveline double-cardan front drive shaft.
MadMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 11:14 PM   #5112
alifted4x4
2000 WJ 

Washed mine tonight. It was long overdue!
2000 WJ 6 1/2" lift,IRO Coils, IRO Front ADJ Long Arms, Clayton Rear Long Arms, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS Track bar, JKS Bar Pins, K & N FIPK, 265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Addco Rear Sway Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Flowmaster 40,2002 Cluster to be continued.....
alifted4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 04:31 AM   #5113
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlmbklr
For the motor:

I drained my 1100mile +/- motor oil from when I put the 76k JY motor in with a can of Engine Restore added (I am a firm believer). The last 165 miles of that oil was run with a 1/3 can of Sea-Foam (yes I know the warnings). The other 2/3 were dumped in the tank and through the brake boost line. Tomorrow if I have time I will then change all the plugs with The Champion equivalent.

For the drive train:

I changed rear diff fluid with Royal Purple. Having never done a diff fluid change before and certainly not on a (former) Quadra Drive/Vari-Lok I did not know that RP has the Friction Modifier in it. I now know this is needed for the Vari-lok which I still have along with my Selec-Trac Tcase !

The dope at the store should have known I didn't need it. He sold me that additive too when I asked for it. I didn't find this out until after I drained the old fluid. Oh well hopefully he's there when I return it since I am sure I will never need it.

I remember back in the days (hah I am only 35) when you went to one of the few auto parts store that the guys working there new a hell of a lot then the guys today. But in their defense cars have become so more complex and vast. Who could remember everything other then a mister fix all mechanic.

Long story I know. But that's what I did.

I have SOooo much more to do cosmetic and chassis (154k on Chassis)

May do a lift since so much needs to be replaced that for the money I can get a low budget boost with shocks for less. I be doing it mainly for looks anyway. I have 2011 wheels that are an in wider. They look so much sweeter then the corroding Rogues that had leaky beads on all the tires. Now I have Michelin LTX's 245/65/17 on all fours (which calculates to a little over 1/2 taller then stock. A 2.5 in lift will really jazz up the look of the Jeep. So I will only aspire to go off road but prolly never will see more then snow and a mud puddle
I needed to add some mopar FM when i did My diffs with RP, to Get rid of the bindings.....
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 07:34 AM   #5114
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
Fix a speedometer problem I've had since installing the SpeedoDRD recalibrator.
What model did you use for your WJ? I looked at their website and was decidedly confused, as it looks like all their products were for sport bikes.

Quote:
Instead of soldering the power connectors, I tried using quick and easy t-taps.
PSA: NEVER use those taps for ANY wiring. They suck.

As someone who does a lot of wiring repairs on semis & trailers, correctly-sized connectors with heat shrink tubing are about the only way to go for splicing in wiring and having it last (short of soldering, and even then, it can be problematic if you don't heat-shrink over the connection).
Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #5115
MadMonk
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfEmDee View Post
What model did you use for your WJ? I looked at their website and was decidedly confused, as it looks like all their products were for sport bikes.

PSA: NEVER use those taps for ANY wiring. They suck.

As someone who does a lot of wiring repairs on semis & trailers, correctly-sized connectors with heat shrink tubing are about the only way to go for splicing in wiring and having it last (short of soldering, and even then, it can be problematic if you don't heat-shrink over the connection).
They are designed for sport bikes, but they make a universal model for other applications. It works great (when you wire it up properly ). I ordered it from Motomummy for $70 with free shipping.
https://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=18212&cat=255&page=1

Here's a thread with more details on doing this for the WJ - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...-done-1244843/
'99 WJ Limited 4x4, 4.0L, Patriot Blue Metallic, IRO 3" springs, track bar, and rear sway bar links, Doetsch Tech 8000 shocks, Tenneco steering stabilizer, Carolina Driveline double-cardan front drive shaft.
MadMonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.