What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 34 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-25-2010, 09:04 PM   #496
Scibbyz99WJ
1999 WJ 

not really a what have i done today, its a more or less this week type deal.
1 drove it for the first time in 4 1/2 months!
2 reregistered and drove it home!
3 installed roof rack. thanks Will!
4 drove to cedar point. ~300 miles round trip
5 broke 500 miles on the new engine
6 finally was able to add my jeepforum sticker.

and finally this all hasnt really happened yet because its too dark for pictures. so you all must wait until tomorrow. my apologies

Closed minds should go hand in hand with closed mouths
Scibbyz99WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #497
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Drove around in the snow. Yep, it snowed here today.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 06:59 AM   #498
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

I saw Crested Butte's snow gauge (camera) yesterday and it was reporting 16" at 4pm. I can't wait to see what it says this morning.
Unread 10-26-2010, 07:19 AM   #499
Uglyducklyin713
1999 WJ 

Not today, but the other day, I installed some fog lights on my factory roof rack, they were some freebies with 55W Hella bulbs in them so i figured id give them a shot, let me know what you think

WJ- 4.7, NV247, KOR 2.75 lift, KOR 3/4 front spacers, 32" KM2's, IRO dual Tenneco Steering Stabilizers, ProComp ES3000 shocks, Tom Woods front DS, Rola Roof Rack, Saguaro Front Shackles, Overland sliders, Flowmaster Exhaust, LEDs in the interior, Cobra CB, 6000K Hid's, 3500K fogs, Fog Lights up top, Tinted Lights...
Uglyducklyin713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #500
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglyducklyin713 View Post
Not today, but the other day, I installed some fog lights on my factory roof rack, they were some freebies with 55W Hella bulbs in them so i figured id give them a shot, let me know what you think
like the idea but fogs wont give good light that high up, maybe mount them low on the front. but if you put HID's in your projections will never notice them.

how did you mount them?
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #501
K10roc

i like it... very sleak
2000 Jeep grand WJ limited, 245/75/16, Thrust 2 chamber muffler, 2in bb, rough country shocks, slotted and drilled rotors, Torqflo trans cooler, powder coated calipers, custom made CAI, K&N cone filter, ported and polished throttle body, Chip, Torqflo trans cooler, 6000k HID, PIAA fog, lots of powder coating and blacked out parts
K10roc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #502
K10roc

finally finished my brakes, and a crap ton of other work on my jeep... stops like a race car now!
new: ball joints (upper and lower), tie rods (inner and outter), stearing stabliizer, undercoating, complete brake tear down (all new gaskets, pistions and guide pins) coated calipers and brackets, slotted and drilled rotors, ceramic pads, allignment, thurst 2 chamber exhaust... LOVE the changes... like a whole new truck! will be nice to pull the snowmobile trailer up north all winter long wiht some megga stopping power

sorry it is so dirty i have been working on it for 2 weeks... round 2 to come this weekend!

2000 Jeep grand WJ limited, 245/75/16, Thrust 2 chamber muffler, 2in bb, rough country shocks, slotted and drilled rotors, Torqflo trans cooler, powder coated calipers, custom made CAI, K&N cone filter, ported and polished throttle body, Chip, Torqflo trans cooler, 6000k HID, PIAA fog, lots of powder coating and blacked out parts
Unread 10-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #503
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by K10roc View Post
finally finished my brakes, and a crap ton of other work on my jeep... stops like a race car now!
new: ball joints (upper and lower), tie rods (inner and outter), stearing stabliizer, undercoating, complete brake tear down (all new gaskets, pistions and guide pins) coated calipers and brackets, slotted and drilled rotors, ceramic pads, allignment, thurst 2 chamber exhaust... LOVE the changes... like a whole new truck! will be nice to pull the snowmobile trailer up north all winter long wiht some megga stopping power

sorry it is so dirty i have been working on it for 2 weeks... round 2 to come this weekend!
looks good
what brand are the rotors and pads?

how was changing the ball joints ?
any advice on how to notice/check if there worn/bad?
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #504
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

pulled the cover off my front diff, only to find my spider gears are just about junk....

GREAT DAY!!!!!
ZONE 4" Lift With 32" Duratracs
Hella Lighting - Rola Rack - KOR 3/4 Spacers
IRO Sliders - Rusty's Hooks - Cobra CB

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
myjeeplovesmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #505
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjeeplovesmud View Post
pulled the cover off my front diff, only to find my spider gears are just about junk....

GREAT DAY!!!!!
Good thing somebody on here has a 0 mile FULL rebuilt Vari-lok Dana 30 with new balljoints and gears everything for like $450+ shipping on here?
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #506
K10roc

ball joints where a bear... i had to make a spacer on the lathe to get them out as the press would not touch them... after i got the knuckle off the pegs on the ball joints just flopped around, they where shot! be sure that they go in strait that is clutch... i rented a ball joint press from o rileys and then the 4x4 adapter kit from autozone... just the ball joint press will not work... after the nuckle is off it is prety much press out old press in new... ther is a great how to online i snagged and used... the tie rods where a bastard... went though a whole can of propane on them... (was out of map gas)

got the pads and rotors in a ebay auction... 2nd set we have got from them (my buddy has them on his Evo) they are powerstop though... really nice!
to check them if your wheel moves around if oyu push on the top or bottom while the wheel is off the ground and it moves at all, bad ball joints... i got a complete kit for tie rods and ball joints on ebay as well for 99 bucks! well worth it!
Unread 10-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #507
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by K10roc View Post
ball joints where a bear... i had to make a spacer on the lathe to get them out as the press would not touch them... after i got the knuckle off the pegs on the ball joints just flopped around, they where shot! be sure that they go in strait that is clutch... i rented a ball joint press from o rileys and then the 4x4 adapter kit from autozone... just the ball joint press will not work... after the nuckle is off it is prety much press out old press in new... ther is a great how to online i snagged and used... the tie rods where a bastard... went though a whole can of propane on them... (was out of map gas)

got the pads and rotors in a ebay auction... 2nd set we have got from them (my buddy has them on his Evo) they are powerstop though... really nice!
to check them if your wheel moves around if oyu push on the top or bottom while the wheel is off the ground and it moves at all, bad ball joints... i got a complete kit for tie rods and ball joints on ebay as well for 99 bucks! well worth it!
yea well you get what you pay for. mybe the second time around ull be faster at it. i bought 2 moog tie rods and it was close to $100.

i just don't like Chinese crap made parts.
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #508
K10roc

getting the tie rods in place was easy... it was removing the old ones...
they where all Moog... i have used Mood for years and never had issues... my old warangler that had a tie rod go out after a bit over a year, they sent me the replacement no questions
Unread 10-26-2010, 06:02 PM   #509
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoshxx View Post
Good thing somebody on here has a 0 mile FULL rebuilt Vari-lok Dana 30 with new balljoints and gears everything for like $450+ shipping on here?
as tempting as it is.... my buddy has his own shop, and doesn't charge me labor, just parts.
ZONE 4" Lift With 32" Duratracs
Hella Lighting - Rola Rack - KOR 3/4 Spacers
IRO Sliders - Rusty's Hooks - Cobra CB

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
myjeeplovesmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #510
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
I saw Crested Butte's snow gauge (camera) yesterday and it was reporting 16" at 4pm. I can't wait to see what it says this morning.
Wow, that's awesome. The snow is still coming down slowly but it is melting. Still not quite cold enough and suppose to be 60 of Thursday.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.