What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 3036 - JeepForum.com
 1106Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #45526 of 45746 Old 09-18-2017, 09:49 AM
Loveland-WJ
2001 WJ 

Installed a 6.5 iro lift w rear 4 link long arms.

Attached Thumbnails
1505749481561-333831010_1505749535152.jpg   1505749545235-695044193_1505749612076.jpg  

01 WJ Limited 4.7, 6.5 IRO w/Rear LA's, Steering Equalizer, 2.5" Drop Pitman Arm, Soon 33's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #45527 of 45746 Old 09-18-2017, 07:50 PM
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveland-WJ View Post
Looking good. Now you get to update your profile! I can't wait to do a 6.5" lift one day. 3" just doesn't cut it.

Brian's Black Betty Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #45528 of 45746 Old 09-18-2017, 08:47 PM
tsteb112

2003 WJ 

Garage
What did you do to your WJ today?

Not today but yesterday replaced shot balljoints with spicers, timken wheel hubs, powerstop drilled and slotted rotors and carquest brake pads. Also cleaned up some of the rusty bolts. Did a redneck alignment and tires are now straight. Sometime this week I'm going to get my replacement tires in the front because the shot balljoints killed the inside of the tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tybarious likes this.

2003 Grand Cherokee Overland: 4" Lift, 255/75/17 tires, Jk 10A Hard Rock Wheels

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #45529 of 45746 Old 09-19-2017, 08:16 PM
MacNCheese
2000 WJ 

Drove it home from my shop for the first time!
HalfJeep and Ravenbar like this.
post #45530 of 45746 Old 09-19-2017, 08:49 PM
Ravenbar
2002 WJ 

Garage
Installed rear IRO extended sway bar links & worked on drilling out the broken strap bolt on my front axle yoke. Going to be going with U-bolts for the repair but first I want to make sure I've got the bolt out. Considering the IRO u-bolt yoke if I can't get it out without damage. Otherwise I'll just be drilling my existing yoke so I don't have to mess with the pinion preload.

Project Thumper:

Member of Fourth Coast Jeeps
post #45531 of 45746 Old 09-20-2017, 07:51 AM
jp1969
2002 WJ 

Daughter's 1st car - 02 wj - 190,000 mi.
Bought it without me, boyfriend @ the time said it was a real steal of a deal.
So far(since Feb. of this year) I've: replaced all burned out dash bulbs, seat heater rocker switches, milky headlamps, both drivers vertical seat motors, rear hatch and window lift arms, fixed short in tail light, replaced sparkplugs, pcv, and grommets, replaced oil pressure sensor, replaced fuel injectors and fuel rail(started leaking @ flame thrower as soon as I got it back together after doing the injectors), replaced fuel filter and pump (since I had it all torn down chasing an evap leak), replaced throttle control sensor, replaced track bar, tie rod assembly, and steering damper, changed all diff and TC fluids(twice since I wasn't smart enough to use the friction modifier or 247 fluid the 1st time), replaced rear upper and lower control arms. Not necessarily in that order.
That brings us to today- Chasing down front end noise and getting ready to replace front axle.
Boyfriend is long gone but the WJ lives on!
Like I said - she got a real sweet deal! HA, HA, HA
post #45532 of 45746 Old 09-20-2017, 08:31 AM
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveland-WJ View Post
Cant see your pics...
post #45533 of 45746 Old 09-20-2017, 09:50 AM
Jeeples

2000 WJ 

My Jeep is grounded, I've left it to sit in the driveway and think about it's actions for the rest of the week.

Still running into DW issues after replacing the ball joints and double checking the alignment (which is spot on at 1/8" toe in).

I don't see any physical damage to the track bar bushings, however I did note that there seems to be some squish/play in the bushings when doing a dry steering test. It appears that perhaps they're softening up overtime. Kind of a bummer, I had high hopes for these Zone bushings.

Anyway, I'm going to swap the JKS bar out of my wife's WJ into mine and take it for a spin. I have a sneaking suspicion that my DW issues will disappear with the KOR bushing equipped JKS bar that my wife runs.

Looks like I'll be upgrading the track bar here soon.
maxfederle89 likes this.

His: '00 WJ 4.7 Limited- Some stuff

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 Laredo- Some more stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjeep19 View Post
It is what Jeeples has *PARTIALLY* stated.
post #45534 of 45746 Old 09-20-2017, 11:49 AM
maxfederle89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
My Jeep is grounded, I've left it to sit in the driveway and think about it's actions for the rest of the week.

Still running into DW issues after replacing the ball joints and double checking the alignment (which is spot on at 1/8" toe in).

I don't see any physical damage to the track bar bushings, however I did note that there seems to be some squish/play in the bushings when doing a dry steering test. It appears that perhaps they're softening up overtime. Kind of a bummer, I had high hopes for these Zone bushings.

Anyway, I'm going to swap the JKS bar out of my wife's WJ into mine and take it for a spin. I have a sneaking suspicion that my DW issues will disappear with the KOR bushing equipped JKS bar that my wife runs.

Are you running a Zone 4"? I am hoping I don't have such issues when I get my IRO 3" installed... I hope you get it all sorted

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
post #45535 of 45746 Old 09-20-2017, 02:58 PM
Jeeples

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfederle89 View Post
Are you running a Zone 4"? I am hoping I don't have such issues when I get my IRO 3" installed... I hope you get it all sorted

Yeah, I'm running the Zone 4" right out of the box, minus the t-case drop.

I didn't have any issues for the first year or so that I ran this kit, so I'm certain it's a part that has worn out over time. After spending a few minutes underneath the front end the other day the only place I see any movement is in the track bushings. I also have the IRO steering equalizer installed along with a tie rod and drag link flip, and I don't get any movement out of the steering equalizer, so I know my upper bolt hole is not wallowed out. Still, I plan on removing the equalizer and double checking that as well.
maxfederle89 likes this.

Quote:
post #45536 of 45746 Old 09-20-2017, 03:34 PM
maxfederle89

Quote:

I didn't have any issues for the first year or so that I ran this kit, so I'm certain it's a part that has worn out over time. After spending a few minutes underneath the front end the other day the only place I see any movement is in the track bushings. I also have the IRO steering equalizer installed along with a tie rod and drag link flip, and I don't get any movement out of the steering equalizer, so I know my upper bolt hole is not wallowed out. Still, I plan on removing the equalizer and double checking that as well.
I read somewhere that someone with a 4" Zone kit thought maybe their Track Bar is a different shape than other companies and is maybe less effective? Crap, I probably should have tried to find that again to reference but.... Oh well. No personal experience just more hypothetical knowledge I've gleaned from the interwebs. Hopefully the JKS unit helps you out. Be sure to report back though. It will help others.

post #45537 of 45746 Old 09-20-2017, 04:18 PM
tsteb112

2003 WJ 

Garage
Quote:

Did you try getting your tires rebalanced?

maxfederle89 likes this.

2003 Grand Cherokee Overland: 4" Lift, 255/75/17 tires, Jk 10A Hard Rock Wheels

post #45538 of 45746 Old 09-21-2017, 08:11 AM
Jeeples

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsteb112 View Post
Did you try getting your tires rebalanced?

I have not. However I was having the same problem with the previous set of tires I was running. Switching over to the Duratracs that I have now did not seem to make a difference one way or the other towards DW.

I plan on rotating the tires this weekend prior to swapping track bar just to rule out that possibility.
Ravenbar likes this.

Quote:
post #45539 of 45746 Old 09-21-2017, 10:03 AM
Motorheads
2004 WJ 

Quote:

Just for giggles, make sure your calipers are not dragging, that was the final remedy of my DW cure. Didn't pull while driving, so nothing was warning me until I smelled burning brakes.
Jeeples, Ravenbar and maxfederle89 like this.

-2004 Inferno Red Overland. -Not Really Stock anymore.............:-)
post #45540 of 45746 Old 09-22-2017, 05:40 AM
4WDlifeform
2004 WJ 

Yesterday, finished a couple day project of installing bump stops... Properly! Pulled the springs out, and stuffed the tires up into the wheel well. Trimmed un-needed metal, and measured. Then added some for squish. After complete, I wish I would have inspected just how much the OEM stops squished... turns out to be quite a bit. So, I may still rub

Also, spent a couple hours and about $14 on home-brew swaybar disconnects:

Finished late last night, so have yet to test drive to make sure there is no clunking. Happy with it, and ready to hit the trails!!
Jeeples likes this.

'04 WJ 4.0, 300k miles! 2" Coils 255/70 AT on JK take-offs
'14 KL 3.2 Trailhawk - !!FOR SALE!!

If you can't convince them, confuse them.

Tags
wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.