What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 300 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 08-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #4486
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sempfi96

lol true true, So what color should I do my wheels, Satin black flat black or gloss. or suggestions
My thoughts Are That flat Looks cheap and homemade, high gloss usually Looks better, on your Jeep i would Go with Black rims, but That's just My opinion.

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #4487
radryan505
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sempfi96 View Post
lol true true, So what color should I do my wheels, Satin black flat black or gloss. or suggestions
I experimented with my spare wheel... I sanded it down a bit just to get he finish off and i spray can truck bedlinered it. It took to take a screw driver and push super hard to scratch it. I was shocked! I did few coats of that and a coat of flat finish. I have yet to see it up against a impact driver when I put it on or take it off my jeep (cuz it just sits in the cargo area waiting on me to build a tire carrier). But I think it would hold up pretty well.

I work at discount tire and i see how some of the tools we use could scratch the paint but... I would almost be willing to put money on it that it would hold up against Discounts worst.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8...banner-1-1.jpg

Fetal Panic Ink---- Custom Shirts and Vinyl Decals----Fetalpanicink.com or Facebook Fetal Panic Ink.
radryan505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #4488
radryan505
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAZ View Post
Put my grill back on after everything dried from the grill mod

makes me wish my jeep wasnt black! I like the 2 tone a lot!

Fetal Panic Ink---- Custom Shirts and Vinyl Decals----Fetalpanicink.com or Facebook Fetal Panic Ink.
Unread 08-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #4489
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by radryan505

I experimented with my spare wheel... I sanded it down a bit just to get he finish off and i spray can truck bedlinered it. It took to take a screw driver and push super hard to scratch it. I was shocked! I did few coats of that and a coat of flat finish. I have yet to see it up against a impact driver when I put it on or take it off my jeep (cuz it just sits in the cargo area waiting on me to build a tire carrier). But I think it would hold up pretty well.

I work at discount tire and i see how some of the tools we use could scratch the paint but... I would almost be willing to put money on it that it would hold up against Discounts worst.
Did you have any problems rebalancing the rim after doing that?

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #4490
GrandAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by radryan505 View Post
makes me wish my jeep wasnt black! I like the 2 tone a lot!
Mine is a limited, so it was all white but I thought it needed to be broken up a bit. The bottom is all bedliner.

They have colors, bedline yourself a 2 tone black/red or black/grey or something?
GrandAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #4491
radryan505
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Did you have any problems rebalancing the rim after doing that?
to be honest I dont know... I never thought of that. I have personally balanced painted wheels and never had problem with them. And there are TONS of A/T tires that very rarely balance 100% anyways. If I I will check it out at work today if i can. Ill let you know.

WHICH REMINDS ME, I painted mine with the weight on it. ...take those off before you paint it. When the new weight gets put on, it shaves the metal like crazy sometimes. so paint will for sure come off. After getting it balanced a few times you would need to get paint touched up

Unread 08-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #4492
GrandAZ

Just got a delivery from UPS...this thing looks like it could take a bullet, holy cow!!

Way to go BTF

GrandAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #4493
02MallCrawler
2002 WJ 

Changed my fuel filter easy job...let the fuel savings begin.
Unread 08-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #4494
docster
2002 WJ 

changed out the camshaft position sensor. pretty simple job, if you need instruction on this, let me know. my method took all of about 10 min.
Unread 08-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #4495
justn
2002 WJ 

Hit 111111 miles last night. All those 1s just looked so nice sitting in my odometer. (I just love how my WJ's gauges look at night. So clean.)

Also put some MMO in the fuel tank. Gonna see how that works out.
small.jpg  
justn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #4496
deathwobblez
2003 WJ 

After two weeks of tweaking, finally got my death wobble sorted out. Now I don't have to get rid of her. Whew!

Thank goodness no more mandatory mechanic work in the 112 degree heat.
deathwobblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #4497
deathwobblez
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Now should I paint the wheels a satin black? or give me some options.
I like the flat black if done with the right paint. If you do a crappy job, you get crappy results. I did my JK wheels in a high temp low gloss engine enamel. very durable, and easy to retouch.

Unread 08-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #4498
99alpine
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Got my tags and title sorted out. So now my father no longer owns my jeep
Upcoming: Upgrade to 33" Goodyear Duratrac's, Full Teraflex system (shocks (front and rear,) disconnects, skids, diff covers, and steering stabilizer,) custom built front and rear bumpers, custom built flat fenders, custom built sliders, flush tail lights and re-located front turn signals.
99alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 06:50 PM   #4499
MEinSoCal
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwobblez View Post
After two weeks of tweaking, finally got my death wobble sorted out. Now I don't have to get rid of her. Whew!

Thank goodness no more mandatory mechanic work in the 112 degree heat.
so what was the cure?
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #4500
deathwobblez
2003 WJ 

Well, I had to go back and re-tighten everything. I was on a trip from Phoenix to LA when I forst got it. Hit a rough spot in the freeway doing about 80, and about rolled the Jeep when the death wobble hit, as it caught me by surprise.

The initial culprit was bad tie rod ends on the steering arm, but in the process of shaking everything loose it wallowed out the track bar bolts more, which broke loose the weld I had on the washer that was welded in to try to shore that up. Kevin has a new kit http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/cart/in...oducts_id=1079 to beef up the sleeves/bolts in the trackbar, and that eliminated most of the play. 15 minute fix and a much better solution. So, after pulling off my 4" lift and going back to a Budget boost, changing all of my tie rod ends, front shocks, back to stock control arms, and new sway bar links, I think I am good.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.