What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 296 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 07-31-2011, 10:40 AM   #4426
wjnewguy
2004 WJ 

popped my springs to paint them orange...

wjnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 12:51 PM   #4427
CruizinKev
2000 WJ 

yesterday new motoroil and cleaned throttle body
CruizinKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #4428
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Took it on a road trip down the the OBX and averaged 21.9 MPG
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #4429
JHoffman369
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHoffman369 View Post
Spent about 3 1/2 hours washing/waxing the WJ. Now to get up at 6 tomorrow morning and put one more coat on her and she'll be good to go for quite a while! Oh and also De-badged earlier today, now she's nakey nakey...
Haven't posted any pics of her yet so I figured I would just do it here. Bone stock for now but all will change with time.
dsc01318.jpg   dsc01319.jpg   dsc01320.jpg   dsc01321.jpg  
JHoffman369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 03:21 PM   #4430
joze

Sent an inquiry to the stealership to see how much will my upcoming maintenance cost me.
Planning on changing engine oil & filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, diff and transfer case oil and serpentine belt. I suspect the diff and TC oil will be the most expensive part.

It's a Jeep thing
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/my-non-build-fix-when-gets-broken-thread-1240817/"]My non-build thread[/URL]| [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/black-jeep-society/"]Black Jeep Society member[/URL]
[QUOTE=Ljohn221;12072741]You can't start a new civilization without jeeps[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=dukie564;11573618]
[B]Epic boobs saving threads since 1978[/B][/QUOTE]
joze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #4431
99alpine
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Cleaned my exhaust tip (split tip) with an SOS pad. It hadn't been cleaned in probably 1-2 years. It's nice and shiny once again!
Upcoming: Upgrade to 33" Goodyear Duratrac's, Full Teraflex system (shocks (front and rear,) disconnects, skids, diff covers, and steering stabilizer,) custom built front and rear bumpers, custom built flat fenders, custom built sliders, flush tail lights and re-located front turn signals.
99alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 04:25 PM   #4432
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joze View Post
Sent an inquiry to the stealership to see how much will my upcoming maintenance cost me.
Planning on changing engine oil & filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, diff and transfer case oil and serpentine belt. I suspect the diff and TC oil will be the most expensive part.

It's a Jeep thing
Well theres yer problem! All of the above are relatively simple maintenance items that you're leaving to pompous overpriced dealerships

To DIY:
Oil - $30 and 30 minutes
Fuel Filter- $30 and about half an hour your first time trying to figure out the clips
Spark plugs - $25 and an hour going slow
Diff fluid - $20 per diff and a messy hour
Transfer case oil - (Depends on transcase) and 15 minutes with the right tools
Serpentine belt - $30 and 20 minutes with a helper to hold tensioner

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #4433
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

^^^good support, all JF members should do this themself and stay away from stealership, anyway Thanks all JF members That helped me out making me capable to do all this and more myself.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 04:38 PM   #4434
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joze View Post

It's a Jeep thing
Check out Stu Olsen's Web site... he has write ups on all this that will walk you thru the process step by step including photos.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 04:46 PM   #4435
04bullet
2004 WJ 

Well today i got a check engine light. O2 sensore Low voltage. So that will be another project. Aftr seeing the debadge on the wjfrank88 ill be doing that tommarrow.
04bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 05:32 PM   #4436
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Well theres yer problem! All of the above are relatively simple maintenance items that you're leaving to pompous overpriced dealerships

To DIY:
Oil - $30 and 30 minutes
Fuel Filter- $30 and about half an hour your first time trying to figure out the clips
Spark plugs - $25 and an hour going slow
Diff fluid - $20 per diff and a messy hour
Transfer case oil - (Depends on transcase) and 15 minutes with the right tools
Serpentine belt - $30 and 20 minutes with a helper to hold tensioner
if you have the time its great to do it by your self. if not just get it over with and pay someone.

the spark plugs can be tough to some on the V8's to get the last 2 on the passenger side. i spent at least 45 min on those 2 and 30 min on the others 6 lol.

TC oil is simplest thing. do when you have not driver for a few hours

gear oil can get dirty and simple to pay someone. do when you have not driver for a few hours
belt is simple but if your weak it can snap back and hurt you.

oil change is simple and can be done at home just wait for the engine to cool down since it hits over 200F and hot oil is not fun

but am the person that spent my money on tools over paying for labor.
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 05:44 PM   #4437
wjnewguy
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straty1987 View Post
if you have the time its great to do it by your self. if not just get it over with and pay someone.

the spark plugs can be tough to some on the V8's to get the last 2 on the passenger side. i spent at least 45 min on those 2 and 30 min on the others 6 lol.

TC oil is simplest thing. do when you have not driver for a few hours

gear oil can get dirty and simple to pay someone. do when you have not driver for a few hours
belt is simple but if your weak it can snap back and hurt you.

oil change is simple and can be done at home just wait for the engine to cool down since it hits over 200F and hot oil is not fun

but am the person that spent my money on tools over paying for labor.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
wjnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #4438
roadcrew
1999 WJ 

Wow you guys!
Well I finally got a few hours so I put on my new addco rear swaybar. I don't have an air compressor so all my work is done the old fashioned way, by busting knuckles.
Soaked all my bolts, used a torch to heat em up and still managed to break one bolt off. So tomorrow I get to try and drill and tap it out. Fun.
Also installed a new rancho steering stabilizer. No problems there.
roadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #4439
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcrew View Post
Wow you guys!
Well I finally got a few hours so I put on my new addco rear swaybar. I don't have an air compressor so all my work is done the old fashioned way, by busting knuckles.
Soaked all my bolts, used a torch to heat em up and still managed to break one bolt off. So tomorrow I get to try and drill and tap it out. Fun.
Also installed a new rancho steering stabilizer. No problems there.
just installed my addco sway bar today and not one of the bolts broke on me so i was happy. but i have spraying them over 5 times with liquid wrench.

did it by hand too. having the right sockets helped allot, had to run out for a 15mm bolt lol. and then i torqued them down to the set numbers.

only thing i found odd is the new greaseable bushings brackets are a but longer then stock or the once addco come with, hope they don't rub.

as cleaned and painted my TC skid and transmissions cross member.
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 06:51 PM   #4440
MWyatt
1999 WJ 

tried to swap out my transmission myself. I had no idea what i was doing so I stopped. Time to find some help!
MWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.