Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#51,101 ·
Not my WJ but I was on a roof working and saw this '99 pull in the parking lot. The brush guard on this one I've seen here on the forum before. I walked down and talked to the owner about it. He hates it. It had a crack across it and the expanding foam was clearly visible. LOL. It better be getting hit by some very small brush because it sure won't protect the rig.

Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel

#51,103 ·
Scored a grill from a black 03 limited today to place on my 04 to replace the aftermarket one I got years back. Always enjoyed the look of these, and thought it was the best one they made especially with the chrome trim inserts. Took a little bit of trimming but fit perfectly afterwards.
Dang!! I really like that grill. I've got the same front bumper on my charcoal gray WJ with the full chrome 04 Grille

#51,104 ·
Dang!! I really like that grill. I've got the same front bumper on my charcoal gray WJ with the full chrome 04 Grille
Thank you! Yes was thrilled to score this one in such good shape with the slot inserts not junked. Goes pretty nicely with the rest of the silver accents/badging I’ve got on the Jeep. And that’s awesome - yes I’ve been pretty impressed with the EAG bumper. Been able to use it in a few recoveries with other vehicles no problem. The approach angle improvement has been real nice as well.

#51,105 ·
Thank you! Yes was thrilled to score this one in such good shape with the slot inserts not junked. Goes pretty nicely with the rest of the silver accents/badging I’ve got on the Jeep. And that’s awesome - yes I’ve been pretty impressed with the EAG bumper. Been able to use it in a few recoveries with other vehicles no problem. The approach angle improvement has been real nice as well.
Yeah definitely and SOOO cheap compared to the HK Offroad one's etc

#51,108 ·
Finally got around to changing the oil for the Colorado winter as well as the wiper blades, (of which was long overdue given that they just smeared the water). Oil was 5w30 Castrol Edge paired with a K&N filter and wipers are PIAA silicone blades. Gotta say, it was pretty tough finding 6 quarts of oil online or in stores. Most places had the 5 quart jugs but the singles were seemingly backordered for months or just out of stock. In any case, excited to see how the new silicone wipers perform. Heard a lot of good things about them especially in terms of longevity and the ability to “refill” the actual silicone inserts instead of having to buy the whole assembly every time.

#51,109 ·
Those look really good. Do you have a link to which headlights and bulbs you used?
Thanks, the housings I got thru amazon : https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B072JP5FZM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
the bulbs are SaberLED ProX-55 Accu/V2 from DDM tuning

the ones I used are actually H11 with an adapter, why? well I bought them for the wife's WK2 but they kept shutting off randomly, so into the WJ they go! no more problem (sometimes simpler is better :) )

#51,110 ·
Thanks, the housings I got thru amazon : https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B072JP5FZM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
the bulbs are SaberLED ProX-55 Accu/V2 from DDM tuning

the ones I used are actually H11 with an adapter, why? well I bought them for the wife's WK2 but they kept shutting off randomly, so into the WJ they go! no more problem (sometimes simpler is better :) )
Redoing my headlights is on my long term project list, and if I'm gonna upgrade I may as well go LED. I bought my Jeep about a month ago, and when we put her on the lift to install new tires we discovered about 800 bucks in suspension love that she needed. So there goes my cosmetic budget for a bit! I got the Jeep for a fair price, and you never buy a 21 year old car without it needing something.

#51,111 ·
Been keeping myself busy with the Jeep this month that’s for sure. Today, we replaced the driver seat cover as my original one had a pretty bad tear on the bolstering. Super happy with the way it turned out as the install was a snap and the comfort definitely improved. For anyone else that may want to take a look at this, the company that makes these is U.S. Leather Car Seats. The quality is top notch and you can buy them for your specific color on EBAY or their website too I believe.

#51,113 ·
Moved Ms. Jeepy to storage. Tired of the s**t mileage, and am getting nervous of the 4.7's remaining life. She runs STRONG. TOO STRONG for 182k mi, IMHO. Been feeling like she is on on borrowed time at this point. After all a dropped seat can happen at any time and without warning, even on 4.7's that were never over heated. Bought a 32mpg 4cyl Camry for daily driving, but Ms. Jeepy will still camp, tow, haul, and get me to work in snow. When she does finally die, I'll buy another 4.7 WJ as per usual - Ms. Jeepy is now my 5th (I think).

Reactions: cDee63
#51,114 ·
Got the regear ball rolling with Rebel OffRoad in Ft Worth, ordered a Nitro 4.56 gear package which I'm hoping will be ready to go in a few weeks.

Tired of calling shops who are either hesitant about regearing Varilok axles or are just ignorant whether it can be done.

Rebel has a good reputation from what I can tell via Google and were the first "hell yeah we can do that!" response a shop gave me. So fingers crossed.

#51,115 ·
Been keeping myself busy with the Jeep this month that’s for sure. Today, we replaced the driver seat cover as my original one had a pretty bad tear on the bolstering. Super happy with the way it turned out as the install was a snap and the comfort definitely improved. For anyone else that may want to take a look at this, the company that makes these is U.S. Leather Car Seats. The quality is top notch and you can buy them for your specific color on EBAY or their website too I believe.

Looks good, but you should have sourced a scantily sat upon passenger seat cushion, steamed it, fit it on the driver's side frame and then glued a leather strip on each side of its bottom where the metal is known to cut into the cushion.

#51,116 ·
Today I installed Rough Country Sway Bar Links with Disconnects. These were strongly recommended to me by a friend who does a lot of off-roading for my future shenanigans on the trail. On Saturday I’m having new control arms (front and rear), a track bar, steering stabilizer, and fresh bushings installed. She should be ready to go after that!
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Tread

Automotive tire Crankset Bicycle part Tool Motor vehicle

#51,117 ·
Looks good, but you should have sourced a scantily sat upon passenger seat cushion, steamed it, fit it on the driver's side frame and then glued a leather strip on each side of its bottom where the metal is known to cut into the cushion.
While I’m familiar with that method and considered it, I simply didn’t want to go through the effort and couldn’t find one to my liking. Most, if not all of the seat covers of this color I’d come across in my local u-pulls, were in worse shape - even on the passengers side. Seems to be a diminishing number of decent WJ’s these days in the yards, at least where I’m at.

#51,119 ·
Been spending some time in the garage. Something is clunking around in the front end since I got my engine replaced. Clunks when the front end rocks left-right. So I am searching for it.

Replaced UCAs with Clevite bushing Core 4x4 adjustables ... nope (but I like the arms). Also replaced one of the axle CA bushings because it was a little worn ... nope.

Forced in a set of Core LCAs ... nope. Test drive produced wobbles, so I put the factory arms back in. I just cannot make these Core LCAs work on my rig, I am about done with them.

Discovered the adjustable track bar lock nut was loose so I tightened it as much as I could ... nope. But I wonder if the KOR bushings are shot.

Finally, yesterday I decided it was time to rebuild the driveshafts. So I dropped out the rear DS and replaced the two ujoints with Spicer 1330 and 1310. First time I ever replaced a ujoint ... Went okay, could have been better. Test drive says it all went well.

Also changed the oil again.