What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 23 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-19-2010, 11:27 PM   #331
jrfrank1111
2002 WJ 

I bought my second GC last week and took it to the dealer to have the heated seats looked at along with the HVAC. Came back with nearly $2000 to repair. I forgot how bad these things are made. lol...So I made the smart choice and orderd my 4" RCX lift and 33" duratracs on 16" MB chaos 5's.(hope I can get them to fit) I dont think that will fix the AC or the heated seats, but I already feel better.....

jrfrank1111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #332
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfrank1111 View Post
I bought my second GC last week and took it to the dealer to have the heated seats looked at along with the HVAC. Came back with nearly $2000 to repair. I forgot how bad these things are made. lol...So I made the smart choice and orderd my 4" RCX lift and 33" duratracs on 16" MB chaos 5's.(hope I can get them to fit) I dont think that will fix the AC or the heated seats, but I already feel better.....
true jeep repairs on hold for lift and tiers

the heater seat and blend door is simple fix that you can do yourself

if it is the blend door can get a $200 kit that you install threw the glove box and takes about 45 min. and get to keep dual control. this is my write up on it http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...p-pics-884932/

for the heated seat can just solder the broken line and get to keep the stronger heater seats. also here is a write on on repairing the element Heated Seat Repair Procedure - JeepsUnlimited.com Forums

and here is the new recall but if you scroll down it shows you how to properly pull back the leather, you don't have to take the see out of the jeep to do it http://www.wjjeeps.com/tsb/recall_J14.pdf

can i ask why you bough it and then took it to a shop for a quote?

good luck and welcome
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 07:33 AM   #333
jrfrank1111
2002 WJ 

Wj

I bought it first cause it was a '02 GC Overland w/ 90k for $6800. It runs solid and tranny works good. I just forgot how bad all the acc are made in these things. I figured most of these things would be broken or will break anyways
Unread 09-20-2010, 08:11 AM   #334
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfrank1111 View Post
I bought it first cause it was a '02 GC Overland w/ 90k for $6800. It runs solid and tranny works good. I just forgot how bad all the acc are made in these things. I figured most of these things would be broken or will break anyways
Congratulations and welcome to the forums! You have a top of the line WJ there and with low miles too! Post up some pictures for everyone to drool at and dont worry about the a.c.c. its bound to happen and easy to fix for about $200. If you want to take apart the whole dash its cheaper and theres an even better solution but $200 will get you a kit to do it right through the glovebox (look right above your post )

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #335
kadetklapp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Changed fluid in front and rear diffs, changed oil and filter, serviced transmission, installed new wiper blades and greased the front end. Oh, and washed it finally. It was filthy.

2008 "Jeep" Patriot <-----Crap.
kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #336
GhostKnife

Gave it a mud bath goin through some mud because i got to work early lol
Unread 09-23-2010, 08:47 AM   #337
RedlegWJ
1999 WJ 

Went over to Cascade 4WD last night and picked up some teraflex bushings and a flexjoint to build up my new a-member using DOM tube. Got the next 4 days off, so hope to make some headway. Salmon should be in the river though, so some of it will depend on how soon I get my limit. Also just ordered rear calipers and lines from Napa to pick up this afternoon. Prepping for the 44a swap-in.
RedlegWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2010, 08:57 AM   #338
K10roc

that bushing kit is that for your front suspension? if so, how much was it and where cna i track that down?
2000 Jeep grand WJ limited, 245/75/16, Thrust 2 chamber muffler, 2in bb, rough country shocks, slotted and drilled rotors, Torqflo trans cooler, powder coated calipers, custom made CAI, K&N cone filter, ported and polished throttle body, Chip, Torqflo trans cooler, 6000k HID, PIAA fog, lots of powder coating and blacked out parts
K10roc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #339
RedlegWJ
1999 WJ 

I am building long arms. These bushings are teraflex and used with DOM tube sleave to weld to the ends of the arms. The other ends are getting Currie Johnny Joints. None of this works with factory arms. If you are looking at building arms, the bushings run about $10-$11 each, check Teraflex.com The J Joints run $45 or so plus another $12 for the threaded insert and locknut.
Unread 09-23-2010, 09:47 AM   #340
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Bought a set of these guys so I dont have to mess with the blown tweeters:

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2010, 10:00 AM   #341
K10roc

nice thanks bud! just looking at getting my jeep back dialed in... basicly going to redo the entire underside of my truck this weekend with all new brake rotors (drilled and slotted), pads, rebuilt calipers (freshly powdercoated), new tie rods, new u joints, front pass wheel bearing, and figured i would do bushings if i could at the same time.
2000 Jeep grand WJ limited, 245/75/16, Thrust 2 chamber muffler, 2in bb, rough country shocks, slotted and drilled rotors, Torqflo trans cooler, powder coated calipers, custom made CAI, K&N cone filter, ported and polished throttle body, Chip, Torqflo trans cooler, 6000k HID, PIAA fog, lots of powder coating and blacked out parts
Unread 09-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #342
RedlegWJ
1999 WJ 

If you have trouble finding any, the front, upper axle bushings should be standard for D30, except the metal insert would be specific to your bolt and have to be reused. Bolt and holes on control arms are specificto wj too. Might be easier just to buy replacement control arms and not worry about wasting all the time pressing bushings. You can get aftermarket, tube control arms with urethayne bushings at stock length, if that intrests you. Should last longer than oem. I'd get adjustable lowers at least, if you plan 3"-4" inches of lift in the future. Also check the bolt holes on the body side control arm mounts and make sure the bolts still fit tight.
Unread 09-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #343
K10roc

NICE! where can i track them down? any idea on costs? this sucker is going to break me!
Unread 09-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #344
RedlegWJ
1999 WJ 

Couple places to start, teraflex, ironrockoffroad. Check classifieds for used.
Unread 09-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #345
jrfrank1111
2002 WJ 

Wj Oh god I think I did a bad thing....triggers have been pulled.

So I re-installed new seat heaters myself and the HVAC is still kinda works. Then I went from 0-60 in one week. See pics to explain....I I can get them to attach
100_0999.jpg   100_0992.jpg   100_1007.jpg   100_1010.jpg   100_1011.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.