Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#45,884 ·
#45,888 ·
Have you noticed any impact on your night vision after swapping in the interior LED's? It takes our eyes some time to readjust to the darkness after being exposed to light that is too bright.
Since my driveway is pretty well lit and the jeep lights mainly are directed down, I have not seen a problem with it. It does make it easy to find something on the floor now. Haha

#45,892 ·
Don't forget the light in the center cubby hole as well as the glove box and the one under the hood if you have those. I had to add a resistor to the rear led light. I went all out and all my lights including driving lights and backups are LEDS.
Center cubby? I'm guessing you don't mean ashtray? I did the glove box, what a pain that was. No light under the hood, Jeep removed it for the 02, which is dumb. I've been thinking of putting a light under the hood, I have the "angle" activated switch from the junkyard to wire in to.

#45,893 ·
Rear Sway Bar

Been away from home basically since July, got some stuff to do over the Christmas break! 7/8" rear sway bar with greasable mounts and new Rough Country N2.0 shocks are quietly waiting for my return. Hope we get a bit of a break in the weather while I'm home!

#45,894 ·
Center cubby? I'm guessing you don't mean ashtray? I did the glove box, what a pain that was. No light under the hood, Jeep removed it for the 02, which is dumb. I've been thinking of putting a light under the hood, I have the "angle" activated switch from the junkyard to wire in to.
Yeah, I mean the ash tray area. I totally suggest adding the underhood light back. Heres a trick, get two of them from the junkyard, one for each side. If you do make those LED's, you might have to mod a couple of leds to get the full effect since the original bulb (I think they call it festoon with loops) is round and the led is flat. Two of those lights under the hood puts out enough light to check things in the engine bay.

#45,895 ·
New front wiper blades installed. I notice the exhaust is loud on start up then it quietly down once it warms up. Went to inspect it and the muffler clamps are rusty (can't save it) and the muffler has 2 or 3 small tiny pin holes. I get it on the car lift and inspect it better if I can replace the muffler and clamp or the entire cat-back.

#45,898 ·
Got an oil change and swapped out my 15 year old cracked and broken motor mounts. Decided to go for the tougher polyurethane ones. Holy moly vibrations Batman. I expected some vibrations, but it still caught me offguard. Luckily its only when I accelrate slowly that it really kicks in, once I start cruising though I barely notice it if at all. Also, WJ no longer rocks side to side when shifting through the modes which is nice.