Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#45,801 ·
@CuppaJoe also, when you pulled yours apart how did the aluminum/plastic seat pan look that the cushion sits on top of?
I heard this is also a failure point for our seats, being how old they are.

#45,802 ·
Yesterday I installed 2.5 inch lift coil springs with new extended travel shocks, replaced the upper isolators front and back, sorry no pics.
Today I tore apart my drivers seat to fix my broken heater wire and painted the frame.
FWIW, a jeep dealer will fix the heater wire for free. It's a factory recall. They got too hott if left on. I kind of wish I kept the original ones since they got real hott. That's nice in the winter.

#45,805 ·
@CuppaJoe also, when you pulled yours apart how did the aluminum/plastic seat pan look that the cushion sits on top of?
I heard this is also a failure point for our seats, being how old they are.
Mine don't have the pan that the cushion sits on but wire grid and springs. My Son has a 99 and we are both amazed at the differences in our Limited edition from his to my 02. I've come across other 02's in the junkyard looking for parts that are set up different as well.

#45,807 ·
Productive day in the driveway...
Put all the badges on that the previous owner took off, I opted for the 4.7L emblem instead of the V8 one.
Replaced the back door/gate lift shocks,
Replaced the back window shocks,
Replaced the steering stabilizer,
Put chrome lugnuts on and chrome center hub caps. Yes, those wheels are off a Wrangler.
Replaced the 4 wheel drive gear shift blind and while the consul was out, put a USB charging port on the back of it.
Installed in-channel window wind visors...damn old glue won't come off the paint from the outside glue on ones!!!!
Put my seat back in and my wire job worked and I have a heated seat again!

Attachments

#45,808 ·
Look'n goOod Bud!!!

Put all the badges on that the previous owner took off, I opted for the 4.7L emblem instead of the V8 one.
Put chrome lugnuts on and chrome center hub caps. Yes, those wheels are off a Wrangler.
Replaced the 4 wheel drive gear shift blind and while the consul was out, put a USB charging port on the back of it.
Installed in-channel window wind visors...damn old glue won't come off the paint from the outside glue on ones!!!!

#45,810 ·
Also ordered a new, new radiator cap with the locking lever (Stant 10334 Lev-R-Vent Radiator Cap - 18 PSI) since my last new one doesn't seem to be fitting tightly and maybe where my coolant loss is still coming from (the entire coolant system has been replaced.) Between that and the system getting the last bit of air out, hopefully should resolve the issue and I can drive it without worries.
Think I need to do the same in regards to the radiator cap. Been experiencing some coolant loss and the only sign of a leak I found was a dried up trail of antifreeze on the stem of the filler neck of the radiator.

#45,811 ·
Busy bee. Interested to see how you installed that USB charger if you don't mind.

#45,812 ·
Busy bee. Interested to see how you installed that USB charger if you don't mind.
It wasn't hard, just ran wires from the power port wires, tied them in and then ran then under the center consul, took off the back consul cover above the cup holder, cut a 1x1 hole for the USB and clipped it in. They have constant power and better than running charging cords to the back for passengers.

I'm sorry, I forgot to take pics of the install.

#45,813 ·
WJ's are greater than the sum of their parts!!....lol

My WJ is becoming a Frankenstein...my rocker covers are off a Larado and the wheels off a Wrangler

#45,814 ·
This reminds me of how lazy I can be (or trying to find time, not sure which...lol)
I have already did the upgrade on my Aux jack on the center console with a dual USB/Aux jack.
I now have to get around to installing the 1 for the back seat (the second pic)
And doing the one in the rear cargo area (first pic) The switch will power the LED lights on inside of tailgate

It wasn't hard, just ran wires from the power port wires, tied them in and then ran then under the center consul, took off the back consul cover above the cup holder, cut a 1x1 hole for the USB and clipped it in. They have constant power and better than running charging cords to the back for passengers.

I'm sorry, I forgot to take pics of the install.

Attachments

#45,817 ·
#45,818 ·
It was sprayed with Raptor Liner Tintable at 80psi last weekend, color is Anvil. Not done yet; the rims still need to be painted, roof rack installed, rocker panels blackened. Today I adjusted the driver side doors, replaced the rear wiper and high brake light, and also found what was causing the "Lift Gate Open" error so adjusted the right gate catch to be closer to the lift gate more.

What do you think about the red emblem? It catches your eye, and not necessarily in a bad way, but...maybe black.
This looks amazing, I've always thought about doing my jeep with an armor coating like they use on military vehicles, and high end Fire Rigs.....Even though mine isn't 4x4 and will never be offroad, my build dream is a lowered suspension, 4.0 bored out to 4.6, turbocharged --- something never built a SRT-6 RumbleBee Jeep .. Yours looks sick..keep at it

Reactions: EisBlade
#45,819 ·
Hmmm...I like the rear USB charging port idea.

I think I'd convert one of the two 12V plugs to USB up front and then install one for the rear passenger area as well.

Oddly enough, while my 2011 Ram 1500 has a built in power inverter, it's a little cumbersome to run the cord from the dash to the back for the kids to charge their Kindles when on a road trip, something we experienced during the drive to and from our camp this hunting season. A couple of these ports for the rear would be excellent to have.

#45,820 ·
Breakdown

So went through the entire suspension, realigned the pitman arm, tracking down the initial cause, came to conclusion it's definitely the column, something inside has broken. Sounds like a popcorn popper when turning the steering wheel, a lot of resistance, rather thn attempting to repair it, I found an entire column from shaft to steering wheel with keys for $75 with guarantee so will be swapping the column out when it arrives.

QUESTION --- with the chipped keys, how does that system work? Can i swap the ignition to keep my original keys to match door locks or won't they work? I'm not sure how the programmed keys work, is the memory in the pcm, or is the system memory in the column somewhere ?