Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#4,161 ·
volvite said:
I was thinking on the RC brackets, are they even needed? I have the same lift too, and have not had a problem yet, but seeing how you have, couldn't the shock attach in it's normal location?
U know. I wondered the same thing. Is it the angle? I still have to tap the bolt out but might give it a shot. Gonna hope RC calls me tomorrow to get clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#4,162 ·
U know. I wondered the same thing. Is it the angle? I still have to tap the bolt out but might give it a shot. Gonna hope RC calls me tomorrow to get clarification.

it depends on if your running factory wheels or aftermarket. the shocks will rub wider tires in the stock location. I believe the bracket is a poor design. I had it on my wj before i decided to let it go.

Best solution i would think is to order NEW shock brackets and relocating the whole deal.

#4,165 ·
installed my CB today (routing wires can be a pain lol) unfortunately no pictures right now

Also, finally got my bilsteins in and replaced my blown stock shocks. ride quality is unbelievably good

I dont like posting here without pictures so here are some from wheeling the other day and from a photo shoot with my friends civic (he wanted me there so his civic would look lower, lol)

#4,167 ·
Hey RCKING323...
I def like the jeep. Thats the color i wish i got. instead i got a Laredo in steel blue:(
so what kind of lift/tires you running? wheel spacers? more importantly where did you get that front bumper? how much?
:thumbsup: looking good
Thanks man!

funny thing is that I was looking for a black WJ and only ended up with that color by chance. wasnt a fan, but now I love it (except for that random gold strip that runs from headlight to tail light. dont know why Jeep thought that was a good idea, lo)

for lift and tires I'm running simply a 2" teraflex BB with bilstien shocks and 1.25" spidertrax wheel adapters to fit the TJ moabs, which have 265/75/16 dakota denfinity M/t on them (and for all those wondering, yes they go rub rub rub in full lock reverse turns and while flexing, hence why my next mod will be a nice set of Iceland offroad fender flares :D )

The bumper I have is the Iceland Offroad bumper (http://icelandoffroad.com/GrandCherokeeWJ/tabid/1927/language/en-US/Default.aspx) even though it is a fiberglass cover over a steel subframe, its unbelievably strong and I have 0 fear of it ever breaking. cost shipped was 875, then i spent about 100 in auto paint to color match it to my jeeps color. (its alot easier than it seams to paint as a color shop can give you a spray can of your exact color, then you just paint it like you would paint anything else with spray paint)

#4,170 ·
yesterday my radiator fan decided to go out and almost caused my jeep to everheat. Not normally a big deal right? well it happend to do it when it was about 95 degrees out and the wife was using the cargo area to change my 2 month old daughters diaper. It about left me, her, and the baby stuck out in the heat. After tearing the whole front of the jeep apart to get to the relay in the parking lot as the wife tried to keep the baby out of the sun, i was able to jump the relay and get us home. I thought to myself, NEVER AGAIN will that troublesome relay about leave me stranded. So today i put in a new relay, also soldered in a jumper harness with weatherpack terminals on each end. So now if for some reason the relay decided to go out, all i got to do is open the hood and connect the two connectors and problem solved.

#4,172 ·
yesterday my radiator fan decided to go out and almost caused my jeep to everheat. Not normally a big deal right? well it happend to do it when it was about 95 degrees out and the wife was using the cargo area to change my 2 month old daughters diaper. It about left me, her, and the baby stuck out in the heat. After tearing the whole front of the jeep apart to get to the relay in the parking lot as the wife tried to keep the baby out of the sun, i was able to jump the relay and get us home. I thought to myself, NEVER AGAIN will that troublesome relay about leave me stranded. So today i put in a new relay, also soldered in a jumper harness with weatherpack terminals on each end. So now if for some reason the relay decided to go out, all i got to do is open the hood and connect the two connectors and problem solved.
while meter reading i kept having the same problem. and i cant work with an overheated jeep. i got so sick of fixing the relay that i ripped out the electric fan completely and installed a clutch fan. still meter reading in 90+. and she doesnt even see 210*

#4,175 ·
Got my clutch in the mechanical fan replaced. Now I have both the electric and mechanical fan! :)

#4,177 ·
Damn
I drove my wj around with a blown fan relay for 8 months.
Had to avoid dunkin donuts drivethru's for 8 months too :laugh:
As long as i had airflow on my radiator i never had any problems with overheating. but i NEVER see any traffic, living in rural Maine.
I like that jumper idea though

#4,178 ·
r_kelly252 said:
Damn
As long as i had airflow on my radiator i never had any problems with overheating. but i NEVER see any traffic, living in rural Maine.
What is this jumper you talk about?

And where do u find the black gas cap conversion? Like taking the lid off and putting a black cover with cap so it's open? Anyone know what I am talking about?

#4,179 ·
Damn
I just replaced my relay. I went trough under the passenger headlight. It was really an 15 minute job with most of the time being spent making the opening to get to the relay.

#4,180 ·
went to the PA jeep show over the weekend had a blast!

got a set of 35s for 150

hi-lift jack for 60 and ARB Snatch strap for 50