Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#40,801 ·
You cant adjust camber on a straight axle vehicle unless you buy offset balljoints. If you have to adjust camber, then you have something bent. Caster is set by an angle gauge.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
x2 I haven't been to an alignment ship in forever with any jeep I've owned. And not sure what changing tie rods has to do with thrust angle. You got to be wrenching pretty hard to move the rear axle out of alignment.

#40,802 ·
x2 I haven't been to an alignment ship in forever with any jeep I've owned. And not sure what changing tie rods has to do with thrust angle. You got to be wrenching pretty hard to move the rear axle out of alignment.
Thats why i didnt mention the thrust angle. It has nothing to do with the front end. When i did my tie rods this last time, i took 1 off at a time and set it exactly back to where it was with the wheels on the ground. When i checked my toe, i was off by an 1/8 inch.

#40,806 ·
Thats why i didnt mention the thrust angle. It has nothing to do with the front end. When i did my tie rods this last time, i took 1 off at a time and set it exactly back to where it was with the wheels on the ground. When i checked my toe, i was off by an 1/8 inch.

I should've done it that way when I replaced everything. My alignment was way off and after multiple driveway adjustments and fighting death wobble I paid for an alignment. Big mistake, my wheel is still not centered, but my death wobble has stopped. I have to get back underneath it again.

#40,807 ·
On a WJ with stock control arms and ball joints all you can adjust is front toe and steer ahead.
You cant adjust camber on a straight axle vehicle unless you buy offset balljoints. If you have to adjust camber, then you have something bent. Caster is set by an angle gauge.

I know whats adjustable and whats not. If you read my post, I said CHECK camber, caster, and thrust angle. The only reason I mentioned thrust angle, is that in a lifted vehicle it is very important. Maybe not for this guy, but for some.

#40,809 ·
To be clear, i lived my WJ, unfortunately a woman Tboned me and she was no longer safe.

#40,813 ·
I should've done it that way when I replaced everything. My alignment was way off and after multiple driveway adjustments and fighting death wobble I paid for an alignment. Big mistake, my wheel is still not centered, but my death wobble has stopped. I have to get back underneath it again.
Straighten your wheel, adjust the drag link by rotating the bar with pipe wrench or big vise grips until your wheel is center. First loosen up the two bolts that tighten the clamps, rotate bar, retighten.

#40,819 ·
Is it supposed to tick all the time non stop unless when stepping on the gas pedal?
Mine seems to only do it when warm. Here's a link that may help, but I really don't know for sure:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/evap-purge-solenoid-clicking-like-mad-955677/

I know this forum has another thread about it too but I can't find it right now. Just from basic knowledge I have about emission systems, I would assume it only should come on when the canister reaches a certain volume of fuel vapors. This valve purges them into the engine so the world will be a better place and keep Al Gore happy while he keeps getting people's money.

#40,820 ·
Mine seems to only do it when warm. Here's a link that may help, but I really don't know for sure:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/evap-purge-solenoid-clicking-like-mad-955677/

I know this forum has another thread about it too but I can't find it right now. Just from basic knowledge I have about emission systems, I would assume it only should come on when the canister reaches a certain volume of fuel vapors. This valve purges them into the engine so the world will be a better place and keep Al Gore happy while he keeps getting people's money.
Yeah I have small evap leak code and wondering if the valve constantly ticking is normal... Just trying to see how everyone elses acts.