What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 2018 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-24-2014, 10:56 PM   #30256
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Put my trail wheels and tires on, spare on roof, took front bumper off, and packed it up ready for some fun tomorrow. It'll be the first trip to the Badlands in the WJ...anxious to see how the Quadradrive performs.

Unread 05-24-2014, 11:50 PM   #30257
robrilla
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srdart67 View Post
Nothing special. Just pulled my motor.
"Nothing special" that actually made me laugh.
robrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2014, 04:18 AM   #30258
atvlifestyle
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Put my trail wheels and tires on, spare on roof, took front bumper off, and packed it up ready for some fun tomorrow. It'll be the first trip to the Badlands in the WJ...anxious to see how the Quadradrive performs.

Nice, I am planning to go there soon with my WJ. Been there plenty but never with the WJ.
Unread 05-25-2014, 06:57 AM   #30259
bcvetter
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918
Went and picked up a set of lightly used 3" IRO springs, extended rear sway bar end links, track bar, rear Skyjacker Hydro's, passenger side heated side view mirror and harness, a broken driver side heated and tinted side view mirror and harness, a couple small random interior pieces, liftgate glass with hinges, and a rear wiper motor with wiper arm for $200. Thanks, Howler_GT (Mike), I still can't believe I left without the rear Addco sway bar! Now just a couple more pieces before my parts list for my lift is complete... How necessary is it to use extended front sway bar end links with a 3" lift?
You don't have to have them but discos are nice 😄
bcvetter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #30260
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Replaced my rear wiper motor and wiper arm and both side view mirrors with heated. Just keeping me busy while I'm searching for the rest of my lift parts.
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #30261
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918 View Post
Replaced my rear wiper motor and wiper arm and both side view mirrors with heated. Just keeping me busy while I'm searching for the rest of my lift parts.
I always thought heated side mirrors were dumb, UNTIL the first time I went outside and cranked up the WJ on a freezing morning and came outside 10 minutes later and every piece of glass on the thing was crystal clear.
JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2014, 04:02 PM   #30262
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNowski View Post

I always thought heated side mirrors were dumb, UNTIL the first time I went outside and cranked up the WJ on a freezing morning and came outside 10 minutes later and every piece of glass on the thing was crystal clear.
I've noticed a couple of times this past winter where they would've come in handy. It's a nice little upgrade.
Unread 05-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #30263
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

Pulled the front driveshaft today to replace all the ujoints. I don't have the proper tools to remove them completely so I will have to get a mechanic buddy I work with to get them out of the shaft and to put the new ones in. I beat the heck out of them with a hammer and socket but that didn't do any good...They're stuck in there pretty good.

Also went and bought the pads for the rear brake job I'm doing on it tomorrow. I might end up getting new rotors as well, depends on how these look. As I was inspecting the rear end I noticed I've probably got a rear axle seal leaking onto the plate behind the rotors on both sides. Looks like I'll be getting those seals replaced before long as well.
Unread 05-25-2014, 07:31 PM   #30264
waxon
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918
Where did you get the mirrors? My drivers side anti glare stuff cracked and the whole thing is fogged up now.

Sent from my iPhone using that little keyboard and big clumsy thumbs.
Unread 05-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #30265
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Took her to the Badlands for her first time. All was going well until I dropped a front coil. Luckily I was able to flex her out good enough for my buddy to pop it back in. I'm totally impressed with the Quadradrive system and glad I held out for one with it. Can't wait to get back out there again.
Unread 05-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #30266
JamieMCC
2004 WJ 

Accidentally tested the integrity of the OEM Gas Tank skid when the back tires slid too hard off a rock. It works, for all those who might be wondering. LOL
JamieMCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2014, 08:05 PM   #30267
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Took her to the Badlands for her first time. All was going well until I dropped a front coil. Luckily I was able to flex her out good enough for my buddy to pop it back in. I'm totally impressed with the Quadradrive system and glad I held out for one with it. Can't wait to get back out there again.

Well I'm glad you like the QD system. I took mine out last week for a run in some pretty good mud and wound up having to replace the front ds ujoints. Probably something that was going to happen sooner rather than later but still..... But until I got high centered on those ruts I was real happy with the performance with my stock WJs QD. Now I just need to bust my arse and get a 3-4" lift under this bad boy and I'll feel a whole lot better when I go through that same hole again and don't get stuck.
Unread 05-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #30268
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Just cleaned it out a bit, and listed a few items in the for sale section:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/...rrors-2442729/

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2014, 08:32 PM   #30269
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxon View Post

Where did you get the mirrors? My drivers side anti glare stuff cracked and the whole thing is fogged up now.

Sent from my iPhone using that little keyboard and big clumsy thumbs.
I bought them from a member on here. My driver's side mirror is the same as your's, if it bothers me enough I'll separate the glass and just have heated.
Unread 05-25-2014, 09:32 PM   #30270
eljeepwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woliwi View Post
I installed some IRO rock sliders

It was an fairly easy install...You do need to measure very precise and hog your holes out a little for easier bolt line ups.

Instructions want you to transfer each hole measurement back side to front...I just got the first hole measurement and then marked down the line on the pinch weld according to the slider hole spacing. Worked perfect.

Jack it up...Line up the holes (8 bolts per pinch weld)

A little tweak there and a little hammer here. (12 self tap screws per frame). I'm not a welder so don't even go there.

Not bad for some cheap protection from that off-camber tight trail slide.
Are those the "premium" or the "budget" sliders?
2003 Jeep WJ 4.0 I6, 42re, NP242, dana 30 w/ rugged ridge skid / 35c, IRO 2inch springs, ProComp Es900, 245/75/16 Definity Dakota A/t, Road Shock 100w Halogen Lights, Yakima Roof Rails with Homemade Rack, Axxera d130 w/ MOSFET amp
eljeepwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.