Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#4,004 ·
LeoDaDon said:
I got the best mpg I have ever gotten today and the AC was on full blast...
Wow! at best i get 13.4 mpg. L6 Engine. Cleaned tb. Cleaned injectors. Mostly fresh oil. And modded muffler. But running 265/75/16 8ply tires.

I envy your mileage.

#4,015 ·
That sir is a nice recover point for the front. Very well dnoe:thumbsup::thumbsup:

but doesnt that take away from Tranny cooler??
Thank you, but I doubt it. True, the bottom 3"s of the radiator/cooler are blocked, but the exit point for the tranny cooler line is quite a bit higher.

I haven't noticed any difference, and top at at ~200* indicated in summer traffic (I have a 190* thermostat, IIRC).

Warn runs a very similar setup for their front hitch mount.

Is there an actual write up on the tank mod?
This is about as close to a full writeup as I could find: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/stock-gas-tank-modification-free-ground-clearance-736901/

There are others who've done it on a WJ, but I think their details are buried in build threads.

#4,016 ·
I changed the oil in mine this weekend and tighten down the track bar. I will also be getting my new tires installed on Wednesday, so after they are installed I will snap some pics of them with my new lift!

#4,017 ·
Jeeps have feeling too. I left her alone all weekend :/

Here is her payback. Darn heat.....
DOOD that happened to my XJ last week too, permatex Extreme rearview mirror adhesive works perfectly

was walking down the driveway today and saw a photo op....

Dude I love the mounting point for the Harbor Freight Lights. I've got a set of them kicking around and I wanna do that, how did you go about mounting them there??

#4,020 ·
Hey GrandAZ.....
Nice choice on the lift:thumbsup:
I'm running the same thing, teraflex coils, my bilsteins i got from kolak, 5125's rear 5100's front. i didnt get the bar pin eliminators though didnt need them extra $$$
i had to add a 3/4" spacer to the rear to level it, didnt like the way it looked kinda saggin low in the rear. found it here in the classifieds for $50 shipped brand new.
You may want to think about upgrading the rear sway bar, i did mostly for towing purposes but 75+ mph down the highway it sure helps too
check out the diameter difference with addco vs stock in that last pic. seeing them installed is Quite a big dif.

So keep us posted on the lift and Pics when she's done.:highfive:
Thanks!

I will look into the Rear Sway Bar as most of my driving is highway.

The lift is one and looks great but 1-1/2 days and my front driveshaft is already toast lol! I will be removing it tonight so I can at least limp around until I can get new yokes for the shaft that is waiting to go on.

I will see if I can snap some pics tonight and will post them up.