What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 09-15-2010, 08:37 PM   #286
straty1987

did part of my led conversion for the inside and it looks good.

just waiting for the rest of the led and will do a side by side comparison.

my trunk is now bright like i want it lol

straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #287
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

My mom's WJ came from NY originally as well, and is also CA emissions.

I don't remember where I first saw this, but I know NY and a few other states have required new vehicles to be 50 state compliant (rather than 49 state, non-california) for a while (I think it started in 96 for NY). I'm not sure if CT requires it or not.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #288
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well it just had the muffler and tailpipe replaced completely so all that leaves for me to rip out is the cat. I'll check out how it is and if I notice its not what I'm used to I'll swap a magnaflow SS on there like I did with my XJ. Which, by the way, was an amazing improvement

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2010, 08:58 AM   #289
Ideford Jeep
2000 WJ 

Changed my dip beam lights (dims?) to HiDs - took 1 1/2 hrs including finding the right tools in my shed & stopping for a cup of tea

On re-assembly I put a smear of vasoline on the 'balls' as the bottom ones had surface rust on them. Much brighter than the 60w bulbs that I was running.
Ideford Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #290
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

This came in today...

I bought it two nights ago on ebay. Good shipping! Can't wait to enjoy my tunes

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 09-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #291
roboll
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
This came in today...

I bought it two nights ago on ebay. Good shipping! Can't wait to enjoy my tunes

how much did you pay for that? ive been looking for a good deal on one.
Unread 09-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #292
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Whats stopping ya?
manifold bolt is broken, and i fear if i drive it, i'll break more before i have the time to get it fixed
ZONE 4" Lift With 32" Duratracs
Hella Lighting - Rola Rack - KOR 3/4 Spacers
IRO Sliders - Rusty's Hooks - Cobra CB

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
myjeeplovesmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2010, 04:11 PM   #293
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboll View Post
how much did you pay for that? ive been looking for a good deal on one.
$20 but it was a freak ebay auction . Usually they go for $40-70. Thats why I jumped on it so quickly. I though somebody was going to outbid me but I won it for minimum reserve

Matt
Unread 09-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #294
techRob
2000 WJ 

tuesday I replaced the axle shaft on the passenger side. I realized later that the driver's side cv joint is also busted so I have that to look forward to.

today though I de-ambered the tail lights. I think it looks a lot better.

techRob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #295
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Techrob I agree that looks so much better than stock, its right up on my list of things to do when I get home. If you dont mind me asking what kind of paint did you use with them??

I got a FSM for my wj today and my plans to turn a spare set of heated seat switches into factory switches for my lights and such was struck down when I read and found out they dont carry full current they just carry a resistor value to the PCM or wherever and then the PCM decides whether to put them on hi/lo based on the switch and some temp sensor. Damm. Well I have the switches anyways so I might as well rip them apart and see what I can do

Matt
Unread 09-17-2010, 11:55 AM   #296
RedlegWJ
1999 WJ 

Finally got around to putting the ZJ washer tank into my WJ (Anybody have a spare ZJ fluid cap?). Used a 3/4" bit (closest I had) to drill for the level indicator. Went into the hole pretty tight, but went in with wetting the seal. Took out the old airbox. Used the intake tubing sections off the shelf at auto zone. Not cheap, but plastic... The 90* elbow went on real tight over the throttlebody using the oem donut gasket and clamp. Wiping a little oil on it got it to go. Need to get a beeter adaptor for the K&N cone filter though. Just wrapped foam tape over the outside of the tube and clamped the filter over it to get by for now. Gonna check out a plumbing section somewhere for a gasket. Would like to find a bag/cover for the filter though.
RedlegWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #297
cracked
2001 WJ 

Last night I had to change my fan relay as it died on my way home from school and almost overheated the WJ. Had no choice but to get to from autozone. Spent a few hours with that simple job because I couldn't get one of the rivets out of the old relay, then when installing the new one the rivet didn't catch all the way, broke half way through and wasn't even flush with the metal backing and had to drill it back out. After I got all that fixed my fan still wasn't coming on, and it took me 30 minutes to find that the prongs in the fan connection had been pushed back into it's housing when I unplugged and plugged the fan back in, resulting in no contact being made and the fan not coming on

Today I'm replacing a rear tail light because I dropped and broke my already cracked old one when I removed it to paint my cladding last week.

techrob I like the deambered look, how do you go about doing that?
cracked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2010, 01:07 PM   #298
GhostKnife

I believe you use stained glass paint for that, obviously mask and sand and clear and paint lol
Unread 09-17-2010, 01:07 PM   #299
4x4kingx889
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Got the build sheet from Chrysler today! I verified that it has a D35. I also found out it had the california emissions package on it so now I know why the underbody is in pristine condition. I am all the more motivated to replace the cat now...
how do you get build sheet?
Silver 05 sport crd-Ehm,Orm,wix oversized oilfilter,shell rotell,2nd gen fuelhead,Fumoto oil drain valve,muffler delete,cat removed,V6 airbox swap,evic added,HVAC controls modded, Franken lifted II,hercules Terra Tracs 245/75/16,Full l.e.d. interior swap,hayden fan clutch and nylon fan
4x4kingx889 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #300
GFoster
2004 WJ 

Wj

Switched out the TPS yesterday... quick and painless. Runs much better now. Also recently had the windshield replaced due to a wheeling incident.
Next on the list is to make another couple rack bars out of Superstrut 1-5/8 in. x 10 ft. Metal Framing Channel (cut to 4' ish) to mount the spare and a few other things on top as needed, and use the spare well for storage.
GFoster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.