What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1992 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-28-2014, 05:13 PM   #29866
1999wjlimited
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcKiNfUtZ
Yesterday I installed some flush mount led flood lights to use in reverse. These are the cheap ebay lights but they are an exact copy of flush mount rigid dually d2's at least in form factor because the 15 degree angle mounts rigid makes for their lights line up perfectly with these lights without any modification at all! The were super easy to install and they are wicked bright, I was runnin late for work last night so I didn't have any time for a light output shot but I will get one asap. I also started to cut my rock sliders to match my fender flares, too much to say about these to list on this thread so I will be making another. but this is where I am at so far.
Can you post a link to the lights?

Unread 04-28-2014, 05:34 PM   #29867
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

How to get a tailgater off your arse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy70 View Post
Town & Country vs. Jeep - Who wins?
He needed a tow, I got to drive home. I think the Jeep won!

I wanted a new bumper anyways

PS: I measured it out on Google Earth, and I had my blinker on for well over 100'. The other guy was just too close to respond in time. PLEASE, don't tailgate... if the guy in front of you is going 25 in a 25, getting up on his *** just might result in something like this or worse!

Surely I'm not the only person in this forum who resorts to the d*ck move of moving over to "let a close tailgater by" and I move over enough to throw dirt, gravel, and potentially rocks from the road's edge into his windshield.....This behavior might be reprehensible for some of you, but I just hate being tailgated for extended trips THAT much. I'm quite sure I've broken some windshields out doing this but I don't do it often and when I do it's when I've given someone ample opportunity to pass and they refuse and stay plastered to my rear bumper like tape. In these few instances, I will not hesitate to move over to the side of the road where the loose gravel is and hopefully my tires will throw some of that gravel into your windshield. The way I look at it is, MY safety is much more important than the $200 or so you'll have to spend replacing your windshield. Am I wrong thinking that? I mean I don't go looking to do this and it hasn't happened very often. I dunno, maybe I'm the biggest a-hole driver in the world but IMO like I said your $200 windshield replacement means nothing to me considering my safety. I honestly don't care if a rock I throw up from my tires puts a huge dent in the hood and chips the heck out of the paint.......The thing they will remember is that when they see a black WJ in front of them they won't do it twice.
I drive on farm to market roads primarily so there is ample opportunity for this...And I refuse to drive faster than the posted speed limit. If the speed limit on a given road is 55 then that's what I'm driving, no faster. ANd if someone doesn't like it and wants to ride my arse, then it's their paint job/ windshield they are risking.
JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 06:30 PM   #29868
fayceoff
Ninja pirate

1999 WJ 

I tried to change my dash lights to green LEDs but I bought cheap eBay lights and only half of them work. Gotta get better ones from superbrightleds...

Also changed my visor vanity lights to LEDs. SO much brighter.

"Be polite... Be professional... But have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Engine compartment LED mod http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...te-up-2260105/
fayceoff is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #29869
CJSCustoms
1999 WJ 

Today the Jeep got a chin lift. I still need to smooth out the edges in the pic.
CJSCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 06:46 PM   #29870
2000_limited
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy70 View Post
Town & Country vs. Jeep - Who wins?

He needed a tow, I got to drive home. I think the Jeep won!

I wanted a new bumper anyways

PS: I measured it out on Google Earth, and I had my blinker on for well over 100'. The other guy was just too close to respond in time. PLEASE, don't tailgate... if the guy in front of you is going 25 in a 25, getting up on his *** just might result in something like this or worse!

A guy on Facebook posted his today. He said he was stopped at a red light and the guy wasn't playing attention and hit him.

Jeep won.
10006929_10202922332212658_2451272996699558686_n.jpg  
2000_limited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #29871
troy70
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNowski View Post
Surely I'm not the only person in this forum who resorts to the d*ck move of moving over to "let a close tailgater by" and I move over enough to throw dirt, gravel, and potentially rocks from the road's edge into his windshield.....This behavior might be reprehensible for some of you, but I just hate being tailgated for extended trips THAT much. I'm quite sure I've broken some windshields out doing this but I don't do it often and when I do it's when I've given someone ample opportunity to pass and they refuse and stay plastered to my rear bumper like tape. In these few instances, I will not hesitate to move over to the side of the road where the loose gravel is and hopefully my tires will throw some of that gravel into your windshield. The way I look at it is, MY safety is much more important than the $200 or so you'll have to spend replacing your windshield. Am I wrong thinking that? I mean I don't go looking to do this and it hasn't happened very often. I dunno, maybe I'm the biggest a-hole driver in the world but IMO like I said your $200 windshield replacement means nothing to me considering my safety. I honestly don't care if a rock I throw up from my tires puts a huge dent in the hood and chips the heck out of the paint.......The thing they will remember is that when they see a black WJ in front of them they won't do it twice.
I drive on farm to market roads primarily so there is ample opportunity for this...And I refuse to drive faster than the posted speed limit. If the speed limit on a given road is 55 then that's what I'm driving, no faster. ANd if someone doesn't like it and wants to ride my arse, then it's their paint job/ windshield they are risking.
LOL... I've never done that myself, but what a wonderful idea! On highways, I'll do 5-10 over, but if the limit is 45 or less, I'll do the limit.

Personally, I brake check tailgaters. First, let up off the gas to slow down a bit. If they don't back off, I'll light up the brake lights. If I get 10-15mph below the speed limit, I'll speed back up. If they get up on me again, I'll get a little more aggressive with the brake check.

Just a few weeks ago, I brake checked someone to about 3mph in a 25 before they got the idea. Of course, their honking earned them a birdie.

I absolutely hate driving in cities. For some reason, the more libtards you have on the road, the more you find tailgaters ignoring the 2-3-4 second rule for following (I was taught 1 car length per 10mph).

PS: When I'm doing a brake check, I pay VERY close attention to the car behind me... During today's accident, I was aware of the guy, but I was paying more attention to oncoming traffic... my signal and brake lights at ~140' @ 25mph should have been sufficient for the guy behind me to stop before hitting me.
troy70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 07:05 PM   #29872
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

No offense to either of you but what you are doing is just as bad as the people tailgating you. Imagine how you would feel if you took someone's life just because you were pissed someone was tailgating you. A broken windshield is enough to startle some one bad enough to crash their car. Are you that pissed? Sounds like you need some anger management. Don't even get me started on brake checking someone.....I hope you gents grow up because what you are doing is just as dumb.
rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 07:12 PM   #29873
nUcKiNfUtZ

2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcricket View Post
No offense to either of you but what you are doing is just as bad as the people tailgating you. Imagine how you would feel if you took someone's life just because you were pissed someone was tailgating you. A broken windshield is enough to startle some one bad enough to crash their car. Are you that pissed? Sounds like you need some anger management. Don't even get me started on brake checking someone.....I hope you gents grow up because what you are doing is just as dumb.
agreed, why would you brake check someone in a vehicle like ours thats known to burst into flames when someone rear ends you? Since when is d!ck measuring done with a break pedal?
Unread 04-28-2014, 07:33 PM   #29874
MuddyWJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcKiNfUtZ View Post

agreed, why would you brake check someone in a vehicle like ours thats known to burst into flames when someone rear ends you?
Don't start that again!
MuddyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 07:55 PM   #29875
Fellows45
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcricket
Relax man! Have a laugh

1989 Wrangler YJ 2.5, 2 inch body lift, 33 inch tires
Fellows45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 08:15 PM   #29876
wvracer821
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

More details in the build thread and here --> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...ntake-2368537/
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/
wvracer821 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 08:53 PM   #29877
SirSilvia
2002 WJ 

Wj

shopping for parts, and contemplating buying 4 LED bars to kinda do this lol
Unread 04-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #29878
troy70
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcKiNfUtZ View Post
agreed, why would you brake check someone in a vehicle like ours thats known to burst into flames when someone rear ends you? Since when is d!ck measuring done with a break pedal?
Not sure about bursting into flames... where did you get that from? We're driving Jeeps, not Crown Vics.

I know the recommendations/rules vary from state to state, but it's pretty simple, DO NOT FOLLOW CLOSELY! In Virginia, they have a 2-3-4 rule...

At 25mph, you should be 2 seconds behind, or 70 feet.

At 35mph, you should be 3 seconds behind, or 150 feet.

At 45mph, you should be 4 seconds behind, or 264 feet.

On the Interstate at 70mph, it's more like 400 feet.

When someone's less than 50 feet behind me, they're too damned close, and you can bet your *** that I'm going to give them a brake check.

When someone's so close to me that I can't even see their front clip in the mirror, they're creating a dangerous situation. I can't exactly yell out the window to tell them to back off, so yes... I give them a brake check to let them know.

One thing that I'm glad for, is that I live far enough away from any libtard cities that I don't have to deal with heavy traffic often. Driving the Interstate around DC, Richmond, VA Beach, Charlotte, or Atlanta is miserable... 4-6 lanes (more?) of traffic moving at 80+ and less than a single car length between vehicles. It's amazing that the majority of idiots in the cities manage to make it home alive.
troy70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #29879
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

[QUOTE=SirSilvia;22516825]shopping for parts, and contemplating buying 4 LED bars to kinda do this lol
[/QUOTE

I'm almost there.

gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 09:53 PM   #29880
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy70
Not sure about bursting into flames... where did you get that from? We're driving Jeeps, not Crown Vics. I know the recommendations/rules vary from state to state, but it's pretty simple, DO NOT FOLLOW CLOSELY! In Virginia, they have a 2-3-4 rule... At 25mph, you should be 2 seconds behind, or 70 feet. At 35mph, you should be 3 seconds behind, or 150 feet. At 45mph, you should be 4 seconds behind, or 264 feet. On the Interstate at 70mph, it's more like 400 feet. When someone's less than 50 feet behind me, they're too damned close, and you can bet your *** that I'm going to give them a brake check. When someone's so close to me that I can't even see their front clip in the mirror, they're creating a dangerous situation. I can't exactly yell out the window to tell them to back off, so yes... I give them a brake check to let them know. One thing that I'm glad for, is that I live far enough away from any libtard cities that I don't have to deal with heavy traffic often. Driving the Interstate around DC, Richmond, VA Beach, Charlotte, or Atlanta is miserable... 4-6 lanes (more?) of traffic moving at 80+ and less than a single car length between vehicles. It's amazing that the majority of idiots in the cities manage to make it home alive.
Do you realize how dumb that sounds? Why make an unsafe situation even more unsafe by brake checking someone? Just idiotic.
rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.