Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#3,861 ·
I debadged my WJ, smoked my tail lights, relocated my Jeep badge and painted it black... But the best thing I did was weld/repair my drivers seat... All for $20... I used an old door hinge I had laying around...

Attachments

#3,863 ·
I debadged my WJ, smoked my tail lights, relocated my Jeep badge and painted it black... But the best thing I did was weld/repair my drivers seat... All for $20... I used an old door hinge I had laying around...
holy jeebers your jeep needs a vaccuum lol

#3,865 ·
I have vaccuumed my WJ once since I got my yellow lab.... I got so mad the first time... I gave up after that point. So the back side of my back seat (the double set while its laying down) is COVERED! I hate it EVERYDAY!

#3,866 ·
busy day.
Installed 3 under cabinet lights from home depot onto the tailgate. Tapped into the wire for the license plate light so no wire fishing etc. Works great, looks factory. Used a rocker switch from Advance Auto.
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
used those lights

had a half assed lift job gone crazy...
Original plan. Install OME HD springs, JKS adj trackbar, Addco rear sway bar and rancho SS. Shocks aren't in so slightly problematic but will install in two weeks. Here's what happened.
Got front end down and coils in. SS in no problem. Was having dad/brother bonding since I went to see my parents for the weekend. Dad was being a knucklehead and is still kicking himself for busting a caliper... Found out the buggers that we bought it from who said we had just had the brakes done had skimped and the rotors were way way worn down. So because dad was feeling nice, and had busted a caliber I have a full new front end brake set and new rotors and pads on the back end.
Trackbar bushing wouldn't pop in all the way so that was a party and a half getting that sucker into the gap. Luckily I'm an engineer, or unluckily sometimes, so with some easy geometry we got it dead nuts the first time. Still sucked getting it in all the way though. Tried C-clamps and rubber mallets with wood blocks, for some reason they just wouldn't go in...
Rear end went in fine but the back is croaking over hard corners and slight bumps. Assumed end links for the trackbar and can feel it pop when we rock it on the lower ends. I'm thinking it's just the bushings being old and nasty, so we'll replace those in 2 weeks with the shocks. Front end is somehow higher than the back end so coil spring isolators are on the way with the shocks. Took a bit longer than hoped for them to come in but no biggie.
oh, and the drag link sleeve won't turn, so pbblasted the bejeezes out of it and praying it spins free tomorrow
Tomorrow the hitch goes on and we should be done... *fingers crossed

#3,870 ·
#3,871 ·
Transfer case started popping on me the other day. Found out the plug for the indicator light from an '04 is a 2 pronng, while my '99 takes a 4 prong. The socket on the t-cases do not interchange. The earlier style seats deeper than the later. I might just cut the wires and see what combo will work.

#3,872 ·
Installed tow hitch, straightened steering wheel back out and greased the sway bar end links because they were making some funny noises. Have some knocking in the steering column when turning from right to left but it's just the drag link, so may grease that some...
Came out good. Sitting at 20" in the back and 21" in the front just from OME HD coils so in a couple weeks when the isolators come in and the MX6 shocks are here it should be sitting around 21 all around

#3,873 ·
Went for a 700 mile trip. This is a stock 2000 WJ 4.7 with Quadra-Drive I bought 4 days ago for 5050.00 with 134K. Looked for a selec-trac for a long time but could not get one in my budget in a decent shape. Brakes need attention in about 10-15 K, rear shocks need replacing at some point and will need new spark plugs and oil. Think I got a good deal. Finally I have a grand after a several year hiatus. Couldn't be happier!!

Attachments

#3,875 ·
gyrusx thats one nice clean grand... I always wanted a black V8 WJ grr... wanna trade for i6 WJ in mint shape? haha probably not... today I put my aftermarket HU in

#3,877 ·
Oil change, spark plugs, fixed my air bag/ seat belt light problem (ended up being a loose fuse), removed TB spacer (measures 8mm smaller in Dia. than the TB(seems like it would rob power at WOT)), cleaned TB, bed lined my front bumper and sliders since the rattle can job started to chip away. Then wrecked on my supermoto while out playing. It was a slow speed crash so myself and the bike were uninjured. Now time to relax and enjoy Independence Day.

Attachments

#3,880 ·
Took it for a road trip to Sweden today, (93 miles each way) aweraged 22.3mpg doing 70mph highway driving.

Attachments