What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1939 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-23-2014, 10:27 PM   #29071
Hack
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockracer View Post
Got to help out a WJ owner improve his rig today.
Ditto

Put a new battery in mine, and had to replace the neg terminal end due to corrosion. Going to replace the pos side next weekend as preventative maintenance and to help tidy up the winch wiring.

New battery because I did this yesterday.

Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 12:56 AM   #29072
WJGuz
1999 WJ 

Cleaned up my headlIghts using the 3M kit and gave her a wash.
photogrid_1395625850476.jpg

WJGuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 01:15 AM   #29073
doorjamm
2000 WJ 

Absolutely nothing, so I found out about this game on facebook and then found some mods for a lifted WJ and went cyber wheeling instead.

When else will you get the chance to pile up WJs like this? haha

doorjamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 03:57 AM   #29074
CHULOGORDO82
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorjamm View Post
Absolutely nothing, so I found out about this game on facebook and then found some mods for a lifted WJ and went cyber wheeling instead.

When else will you get the chance to pile up WJs like this? haha
What's the name of the game

Sent from 36000ft crusing at .84Mach using ACARS
Unread 03-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #29075
pmdowd6
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHULOGORDO82 View Post
What's the name of the game

Sent from 36000ft crusing at .84Mach using ACARS
It's called SpinTires
Unread 03-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #29076
VestaviaPirate
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post
The pulley self destructed on me

No noises at all was driving down the road and all of sudden no power steering, motor heated up quick and radiator blew out anti-freeze. I shut her down then and pushed it down the road a two blocks to get off the main road and waited for the tow truck,
Same thing happened to me on the way back from a wedding. No notice, just power steering went out, overheated, etc. Stopped it immediately, had someone bring me a new idler pulley, drove home.

Crap part is, I have the V8, so that ONE overheating (which lasted all of 30 seconds before I shut her off) cause my head gasket to blow about 5 months later.

Seems like the idler pulley has fail for a few people. Is there any preventative maintenance?
VestaviaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #29077
Ikelovey
2002 WJ 

Found that my Overland Rock rails (which I had taken off in the fall in hopes of refinishing them this spring) had been stolen from our driveway. They had been sitting near our trashcans, maybe someone thought I was scrapping them. Sigh...oh well, I have always wanted Freedom Edition Rails instead!!!
Ikelovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 11:20 AM   #29078
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikelovey View Post
Found that my Overland Rock rails (which I had taken off in the fall in hopes of refinishing them this spring) had been stolen from our driveway. They had been sitting near our trashcans, maybe someone thought I was scrapping them. Sigh...oh well, I have always wanted Freedom Edition Rails instead!!!
I hate that. Scrappers are always driving around looking for metal to scrap. I've had a few things of my own taken SMDH
Johnyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #29079
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorjamm View Post
Absolutely nothing, so I found out about this game on facebook and then found some mods for a lifted WJ and went cyber wheeling instead. When else will you get the chance to pile up WJs like this? haha
Can you hear the wheels rubbing? Haha!

Sent from my iPad using electrons
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #29080
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
We did that with a dryer, one time. We set it outside, in front of the garage, which is not too far from where the trash cans are, and were going to put it in the garage within the hour, but when we went back out, somebody had taken it.
My rock rails are finished and ready to swap out with the running boards.

Unread 03-24-2014, 01:42 PM   #29081
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Quote:
That was me. Those were yours? Sorry man. Glad to hear all things worked out well though.

Could you leave the freedom edition ones outside too? I would appreciate it. Yours were kind of rusty.

LOL Thanks.
brouwmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #29082
PirateB
2004 WJ 

^^LOL!!

Well the WJ got a bath, and glass/interior detail. Also installed new hood prop struts--nice not to have to hold the hood up with my head while working!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using JeepForum
PirateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #29083
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

The rest of the interior LED's that I forgot to order the first time came in on Friday. I was just too lazy this past weekend to put them in. Now I will see if I get the "ghosting" problem other people have had. I only have to put the rear seat handle lights, courtesy lights in the doors, and one of the EVIC LED's keeps going off, so I ordered the next size up. I bought extra NEO wedges to try in the heater control. I am going to remove the LED from the base and solder them in.

Unread 03-24-2014, 01:59 PM   #29084
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

got my clockspring today. now i just have to figure out how to install it.
clockspring.jpg  
4x4Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2014, 02:07 PM   #29085
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Jeep View Post
got my clockspring today. now i just have to figure out how to install it.
Make sure you use a 2-jaw puller on the steering wheel and not the kind that you drill holes in. It's really easy to swap out.
My steering wheel came off fairly easy. I bought a 3-jaw puller that converted to 2-jaw at AutoZone.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.