What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1936 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-22-2014, 03:18 PM   #29026
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewx12
p1494 MIL. Yay! Waxed it last week and it came out nicely but the pics are too big to attach.
I chased this one for awhile. Check the hoses in the rear that run along side the gas tank into the LDP and charcoal canister. That's where my hose was broke and it threw the same code.

BOT. Got quotes for all new upholstery and cushioning. I may just buy the KOR front seats and figure out something else for the back for the price they gave me.

rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 03:22 PM   #29027
JeepNowski

2004 WJ 

I might be a *******.....I bought a big 2.5 gallon jug of Rotella T5 10w-30 and didn't see in tiny letters it said "heavy duty diesel engine oil" on the label. I only noticed when I was reading the facts on the back of the jug today and it kept talking about "Highest rated diesel oil on the market" or something to that effect and I said "Well SSHHHH"......

SO I guess the next question (pretty sure I know the answer here) is never having used T5 before, is there a difference or is all T5 going to say the same thing? Otherwise, I'm about to head back into town and see if I can return the 2.5g container and get the correct one if they have it.

*edit* just a quick search of the forums tells me it's apparently commonplace. I've always been told not to put diesel oil in a gas engine but I don't know why you wouldn't do this. What is the difference or is there any?
JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #29028
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNowski View Post
... just a quick search of the forums tells me it's apparently commonplace. I've always been told not to put diesel oil in a gas engine but I don't know why you wouldn't do this. What is the difference or is there any?
You'll be just fine. I've run RotellaT "diesel" oil for most of the life of my WJ (230k+ miles on a 4L I6).

The difference is the ability to lubricate when dirty. Rotella does an excellent job of this - which is why it is (or was) the best-selling oil for semi-tractors.

Click to order:
WJ Stand-Alone Shackle Tabs.
WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Kits.

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 05:02 PM   #29029
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
You'll be just fine. I've run RotellaT "diesel" oil for most of the life of my WJ (230k+ miles on a 4L I6).

The difference is the ability to lubricate when dirty. Rotella does an excellent job of this - which is why it is (or was) the best-selling oil for semi-tractors.
I run the same oil in my 4.7 with no issues
Johnyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 05:08 PM   #29030
behappynwise
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fransdemers View Post
today, I did nothing to my WJ...
I just gave it a kiss...

and then the WH too...
Awesome!
behappynwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #29031
2000_limited
2000 WJ 

When I bought my WJ the right rear door would not open. the lock was messed up and would not unlock. So I ordered a replacement one on Ebay.

So today, after cutting and hammering and air chisels and blow torches none of which worked to cut the lock. I finally took a sawsall with a metal blade and cut the striker latch off.

So after 4 months of owning the WJ, I finally can open the right rear door.

2000_limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #29032
JeepNowski

2004 WJ 

Thanks for the input. I'd hate to put the wrong oil in my Jeep and damage the engine because I was a dumbarse LOL

But yeah I changed the oil a little while ago...I'm trying a Purolator gold filter. I've been using Mobile1 extended life filters since I bought it. I'm sure I'll try something different after a few oil changes unless I notice that something is amiss with the Purolator filter.
Unread 03-22-2014, 06:29 PM   #29033
JeepNowski

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_limited View Post
When I bought my WJ the right rear door would not open. the lock was messed up and would not unlock. So I ordered a replacement one on Ebay.

So today, after cutting and hammering and air chisels and blow torches none of which worked to cut the lock. I finally took a sawsall with a metal blade and cut the striker latch off.

But will it stay closed after you've sawn the striker off? But I've got a 2000 Ford Excursion with the same issue....I haven't been able to open the driver side rear door since I got it. Maybe I need to grab a sawzawll and do the same thing with it....thanks for giving me the idea.
Unread 03-22-2014, 07:08 PM   #29034
2000_limited
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNowski View Post
But will it stay closed after you've sawn the striker off? But I've got a 2000 Ford Excursion with the same issue....I haven't been able to open the driver side rear door since I got it. Maybe I need to grab a sawzawll and do the same thing with it....thanks for giving me the idea.
LOL. Yes actually I took the striker from my wrecked Accord and it fit the same.

To get to the striker. I removed the interior plastic and used a hole saw to cut a 1 inch hole through the side. I kept the cut out and will JB weld it back in place.
2000_limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #29035
vagov
2004 WJ 

Installed my cree lightbar and fixed broken ground in drivers door boot today. .
vagov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #29036
derekmac

2002 WJ 

Installed my Mopar transfer case skid today, and found a ton of rot when it was up on the hoist.
Future: 4" lift and lockers
derekmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 07:48 PM   #29037
doorjamm
2000 WJ 

This
doorjamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #29038
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorjamm View Post

This
Lmfao!!!
Johnyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2014, 01:40 AM   #29039
Trxgedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_limited View Post

Im building a zav. I have a zombie sticker set like that, I had the guy make me a k9 unit one custom. Waiting til spring to paint the jeep then slapping the rest on. I have these on now. With green and white hidden led bar in my windows.
Trxgedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2014, 02:53 AM   #29040
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Test fitted bumper

img_20140323_014847.jpg

Flexrd a bit after cutting fenders

img_20140323_014311.jpg
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.