What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 190 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 04-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #2836
Calpatt
WJ 

Just got my 2002 today. My first jeep. It's pretty sick. I have some good plans for it

Calpatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #2837
Akjeep92
2000 WJ 

Just purchased a 2000 WJ today! Cannot wait to put my plans in motion, after I build up my funds of course...
Akjeep92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 12:56 AM   #2838
justn
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calpatt View Post
Just got my 2002 today. My first jeep. It's pretty sick. I have some good plans for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akjeep92 View Post
Just purchased a 2000 WJ today! Cannot wait to put my plans in motion, after I build up my funds of course...
Congrats on your purchases guys!
justn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 01:07 AM   #2839
ragyabuamra
WJ 

Fixed the brake lights at the lift gate. It was just a fused bulp.

Also thinking how to fix my differential problem, I've already posted a thread with a subject "Differential Problem".
ragyabuamra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 01:30 AM   #2840
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Well...painting the bumper/fascia for the third time...this time I will primer it with plastic primer...then paint it black.

The grill will be painted too, this time I took the time to sand it and primer it. The bottom grill was the test pilot, it has a rubberized coat on it..Rustoleam Undercoating.

The grill insert will now match the inferno red color of the WJ...it is currently red...
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 06:10 AM   #2841
Mr_Grumpy
1999 WJ 

Headed out for picnic with family only fir the bastage lump to decide today was good day for rear brake calipers to stick a bit.
Had to watch family drive off in another car while I sat with this piece of cheap unreliable junk money sink lump ,waiting for it too cool down so I could go home.

Land Rover never seemed so appealing right now :/
Mr_Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 06:43 AM   #2842
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akjeep92 View Post

Welcome to the Jeep family!!
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #2843
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Grumpy
Headed out for picnic with family only fir the bastage lump to decide today was good day for rear brake calipers to stick a bit.
Had to watch family drive off in another car while I sat with this piece of cheap unreliable junk money sink lump ,waiting for it too cool down so I could go home.

I still love our 2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 HSE. Haha. The air suspension system and all the off road capabilities is incredible
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #2844
Scibbyz99WJ
1999 WJ 

I kicked a tire after I discovered a leaking rear main.

Closed minds should go hand in hand with closed mouths
Scibbyz99WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #2845
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibbyz99WJ View Post
I kicked a tire after I discovered a leaking rear main.
dont WJs come factory optioned with that? lol I think Mines seeping ever so slightly. I cant notice it on the dipstick and its not dripping... whatever lol

today... well yesterday I tested out the Thermo-quiet ceramics on the WJ... Impressive to say the least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Grumpy View Post
Had to watch family drive off in another car while I sat with this piece of cheap unreliable junk money sink lump ,waiting for it too cool down so I could go home. The range rover is loaded with electronics and british cars are known for having horrible electrical systems, not fun.

Go for it, but if it breaks down your wallet will beg for mercy. I would buy a range rover if oem parts were inexpensive and readily available but usually you have no better option then to go to the dealership. Unless its brand new, expect it to be in the shop once a month.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 12:16 PM   #2846
Scibbyz99WJ
1999 WJ 

Seeping I'm cool with. But after 1 min of sitting there was an oil spot the size of my hand

Closed minds should go hand in hand with closed mouths
Scibbyz99WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #2847
WThorn
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Seeping I'm cool with. But after 1 min of sitting there was an oil spot the size of my hand
Hey thanks! Your oil usage is why gas is over $4/gallon........j/k

Get that **** fixed!

If mine starts leaking I'm going to be pissed, if I wanted something that leaked oil I would have bought an import.
Unread 05-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #2848
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
O_o yeah might wanna get that fixed

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #2849
nelson3824
2002 WJ 

New WJ Overland

Just bought my new WJ two months ago, it didn't come with roof rails so I bought a set off one from the local salvage yard for $20 and painted them to look like the freedom edition. After buying the jeep I had a new set of tires put on, the wheelcaps broke in the process so I machined new wheel caps out of aluminum and press fit them in. Then I bought a sticker set off ebay and stuck them on. So far that's my only work done to it. Also I had to replace my oil pressure sending unit one week in, apparently a common problem, and replaced all of the u-joints in the drive shaft for good measure.
nelson3824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #2850
nelson3824
2002 WJ 

New WJ Overland

Just bought my new WJ two months ago, it didn't come with roof rails so I bought a set off one from the local salvage yard for $20 and painted them to look like the freedom edition. After buying the jeep I had a new set of tires put on, the wheelcaps broke in the process so I machined new wheel caps out of aluminum and press fit them in, I made them overlay the front to cover up some peeling from the center of the rim. Then I bought a sticker set off ebay and stuck them on. So far that's my only work done to it. Also I had to replace my oil pressure sending unit one week in, apparently a common problem, and replaced all of the u-joints in the drive shafts for good measure.
cimg0197.jpg   cimg0228.jpg  
nelson3824 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.