Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#37,929 ·
Pulled the bumper to install some JK LED fog lights. Had to cut and weld some tabs on to the back side of the holes in the bumper.

Haven't welded in 4 or 5 years and that was with a stick so using the wire feed my son gave me for fathers day last summer was interesting. Looks like I need to practice some before I start on a few other projects.

Tabs welded on, drilled and tapped. the mounting holes on the lights were right up against the ring.

Lights test mounted before painting.

Bumper reinstalled and light wired up. Next up will be the 6" LED bars I picked up, but first I needed to replace the brakes and rotors on the bosses car.

#37,932 ·
Preparering a full tune up,

Ordered,
Sparks
Fuel filter
Mobil1 engine oil
ATF4
Redline diff oil

Soon i will baby my JEEP as it deserves ;)

#37,933 ·
Well, the dealership supposedly couldn't get the eBay remotes to work. And the keys they cut won't even unlock the danged doors...
Damn. My locksmith cut my key for 3 bucks.
I need to take the remote to him and see if he can make it work, though...

#37,934 ·
Well, the dealership supposedly couldn't get the eBay remotes to work. And the keys they cut won't even unlock the danged doors...
I got my Strattec (Ebay*) keys cut at Wal-Mart, no charge, which was interesting. I added both to the SKIM in the parking lot and they've worked perfectly ever since. Quite amazing that a dealer couldn't cut a key that worked mechanically. Sometimes a second pass is needed, but I'm sure they know that.

Can't comment on the remotes, both originals still work just fine (I think they're on their 2nd set of batteries). I swear there was a procedure to add them yourself, but I'm coming up empty on searches.

I'm guessing that they're having "problems" because you didn't buy from them to begin with.

PS: Why do people keep describing Ebay as a brand? I bought my headlights and my keys from companies that sold stuff on Ebay, but that does not make them Ebay headlights or Ebay keys. Strattec made my keys and Spyder made my headlight housings.

#37,935 ·
I got my Strattec (Ebay*) keys cut at Wal-Mart, no charge, which was interesting. I added both to the SKIM in the parking lot and they've worked perfectly ever since. Quite amazing that a dealer couldn't cut a key that worked mechanically. Sometimes a second pass is needed, but I'm sure they know that.

Can't comment on the remotes, both originals still work just fine (I think they're on their 2nd set of batteries). I swear there was a procedure to add them yourself, but I'm coming up empty on searches.

I'm guessing that they're having "problems" because you didn't buy from them to begin with.

PS: Why do people keep describing Ebay as a brand? I bought my headlights and my keys from companies that sold stuff on Ebay, but that does not make them Ebay headlights or Ebay keys. Strattec made my keys and Spyder made my headlight housings.
I assumed the same thing regarding the fact that I didn't purchase the remotes from them causing the issue.

You can only DIY add them if you have working ones already from what I understand you need 2 working keys to add more and 1 working remote to add any.

Hell, Ebay has gone so commercialized with 90% of the listings being either ebay stores or places like Summit racing that it might as well be it's own brand. But you're right. It's not the manufacturer. Some Chinese unknown is.

#37,937 ·
Yeah, it sucks. You'd think they would have double checked it since the remotes didn't work. Right? Lol

#37,940 ·
Fastened My loose exhaust heatshield, and removed My CD changer for more storage room ;)