Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#3,761 ·
Was that 0w-30 and not 10w-30? Why so not think? Can't think of a word? Water like. Haha
It was 0w-30 (zero dubya thirty). Protects as well as any 30-grade oil when warmed up, but flows better at engine startup.

#3,762 ·
It was 0w-30 (zero dubya thirty). Protects as well as any 30-grade oil when warmed up, but flows better at engine startup.
oh okay, makes start up easier? any other gains?

#3,763 ·
#3,764 ·
Drove my WJ back from Pismo Beach / Oceano Dunes last night, and got her almost all cleaned up today. Still have to do some cleaning underneath to get off the some pesky sand that the car wash didn't get. I had a great time, and was on the beach and back in the dunes every day of the week. Needless to say, having a WJ is pretty darn awesome!

I also had my dad take a few videos of me having some fun, so here they are!

Playing around in the river:

Doing a little climbing in the dunes:

#3,765 ·
Do you like your A/C? If so i'd be lifting it because your condenser is where you hit. :D

#3,767 · (Edited)
Spent a couple of hours today getting the last of the front end back on after replacing almost everything between the timing cover and the bumper. While I was at it I trimmed the lower aero portion of the bumper fascia off. Between the factory front skid and that superfluous piece of sheet metal the really only serves as the lowest attach for the wheel well liner, there is still the resemblance of the aero surface that tries to get the air to go through the bottom of the AC condenser/radiator pair. I may end up weather stripping the aft edge of the superfluous sheet metal to fill the 1/4" gap that still exists between it and the skid plate.

The new AC condenser sure looks pretty in black with all its perfect cooling fins...Won't be long and the desert sand and rocks will fix that!

Attachments

#3,771 ·
thestig_wj said:
Thanks teckman....I'm still working on a way to get the bucket back in but it really isn't necessary since I only use it for napkins
Looks nice! I like it. I just went through the same thing and decided the ashtray was gunna go lol. Also put in my small li'l switch panel :)

Attachments

#3,772 ·
Almost rolled mine lol. Just got back from Gorman. I wasn't even moving when it almost went over. We were stopped on a hillside waiting for stragglers. My passenger rear tire was on a washout (or whatever you call the spot where the water obviously runs down). It just started to slide and next thing I new I was hanging off the cliff :eek:. Can you say puckered!! Well I couldn't at the moment. Everyone reacted quickly and got a strap hooked up to balance me and another to pull. Not ashamed to admit a jk pulled me out.

#3,773 ·
Almost rolled mine lol. Just got back from Gorman. I wasn't even moving when it almost went over. We were stopped on a hillside waiting for stragglers. My passenger rear tire was on a washout (or whatever you call the spot where the water obviously runs down). It just started to slide and next thing I new I was hanging off the cliff :eek:. Can you say puckered!! Well I couldn't at the moment. Everyone reacted quickly and got a strap hooked up to balance me and another to pull. Not ashamed to admit a jk pulled me out.
You are a perfect example of why it is NEVER safe to wheel alone, even when you think you are doing nothing risky, stuff can happen. I'm gald you & your Jeep are safe!!

#3,777 ·
Depends upon what kind of "weird noise" we are talking about.. Mud / water above the headlights, could be expensive kind of noise. :eek::eek:
didn't get that deep, check the WJ Tech section. posted a video. but am having another problem. yopu know when you are stuck in a puddle or something, and the jeep doesn't move much, well it does that on the street, i have to floor it and there is no power until it gets to about 30 mph, then i'm good.

#3,780 ·
Tell me about it man. Everyone was asking me if I was messing around or something. The guy in a xj behind me jumped in and backed me up saying I was just stopped waiting for the rest of the group to catch up. My dad also gave us a scare. I've gone over safety rules with him. He admitted he freaked and he was wrong, but when we started to slide he opened his door and was about to jump out when I screamed to close the door and keep his arms in.

little_Jeep said:
You are a perfect example of why it is NEVER safe to wheel alone, even when you think you are doing nothing risky, stuff can happen. I'm gald you & your Jeep are safe!!