What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1872 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #28066
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrilla

Alright here it goes.

Door, Evic, Dash, Keys and Parts. It's raining pretty hard and I'm lazy so no pics of the back. The back doors look just like the front.

I replaced 9 clips that I broke while I was installing my LED's under my side mirrors... because I didn't know what I was doing. I also added two more that were missing. I changed my oil sensor last week and broke the top of the plug while removing the red crappy clip thing. Now it's just plugged in with nothing holding it in place but thick grease.
Is this self adhesive stuff or do u use a heat gun or what? Looks great!! Key fob had to be the hardest, right?

cr8zynelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #28067
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk

Good Work there, looks Way better than my wood interior, really need to redo my new Jeep soon, cool to see you guys keep up the carbonizing, this was one of my very first mods ended up my first write up too, and ever since i got freqvently PM's about it over the years,,,

What to carbonize next?
This.
image-1168600870.jpg

Unread 02-15-2014, 04:19 PM   #28068
robrilla
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Good Work there, looks Way better than my wood interior, really need to redo my new Jeep soon, cool to see you guys keep up the carbonizing, this was one of my very first mods ended up my first write up too, and ever since i got freqvently PM's about it over the years,,,

What to carbonize next?
I think this is my 2nd favorite mod so far. My favorite is pretty lame, the LED's under the mirrors. When I do a lift I'm sure that will pop up to #1 on my list and everything else will move down a notch.

Not really sure what to wrap yet. I ordered a 48 x 36" sheet so I've got quite a bit left. I don't wanna go too crazy though.

Thanks again Thomahawk.
robrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #28069
robrilla
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8zynelly View Post
Is this self adhesive stuff or do u use a heat gun or what? Looks great!! Key fob had to be the hardest, right?
Check out Thomahawk's Interior bezels trim thread. It's a few years old but it's a good one.

The Fob was challenging. I think I'm going to redo mine not that I have a little more experience with this stuff. The Fob is small and you have to work quick with this stuff once it's heated up otherwise you'll need to reheat. I used a Harbor Freight heat gun I picked up for like $10 on sale.

As far as the trim, I didn't actually remove it from the Jeep. I would have but I was afraid I was going to break the trim. I tried to remove it a few times and was scared so I stopped lol

I used a Lil Chizler to tuck the wrap into the crevices after I heated it up. For the faces, I just used my hand working from the middle to the outside while I applied the wrap. It wasn't a bad job to do.
Unread 02-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #28070
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8zynelly
This.
^^^I will do That one too,

seen this?
image-3772462530.jpg

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 04:34 PM   #28071
robrilla
2004 WJ 

Quote:
This.
I think I'd rather just paint that guy black. I move a lot of stuff in and out of my Jeep and I'd be afraid of gouging the vinyl wrap.

I was thinking about the window hinges or the light cover trim piece thing above the license plate (where the back window button is). I was also thinking maybe the fuel door or the grill as well, I liked the way Thomahawks came out. I don't wanna give it a ricer look so I'm not sure yet.
Unread 02-15-2014, 04:34 PM   #28072
BigSki

I actually used it for a bit of 4wd action. I've been volunteering at a shelter where I go on Saturday to take some dogs for walks. With all of the snow and cold temps, their parking lot was a complete ice rink. There's a small driveway that goes to the back side of the kennels right off of the parking lot. After watching 2 morons get stuck while trying to do a 3pt. turn-around in the lot, and someone else got stuck on the top of the driveway to the backside of the kennels, they all started to look at me, like I'm supposed to help or something.

I back up 75ft, crank the steering wheel hard right, slip the t-case into 4wd part time and punch it, making my own new trail down the side of the hill and back onto the driveway. When dog walking was over, some dude with an f150 got sideways on the lower driveway and got stuck. His front end wasn't working, all you could hear was a jaw clenching grinding noise going on as he floored it trying to get more stuck. I stuck the hitch into the receiver, put the shackle through the hole where the ball would normally go, got out the snatch strap and proceeded to spin the ferd back onto the road, then I re-attached the tow strap to his front tow loop and dragged him up the driveway.

Grand Cherokee for the win!
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 04:35 PM   #28073
robrilla
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post

seen this?
Dang you Thomahawk! You beat me by 5 minutes on my previous post about the grill!
Unread 02-15-2014, 04:36 PM   #28074
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk

seen this?
Aye. One of my favs. Looks factory fresh. Love the subtle mods. Wish I had 04 two piece grill so I could try it. Im going redo my grill at some point but it will be more drastic . . Something like Oakley Jeep w/o the Chevy symbol. JK. LoL.
Unread 02-15-2014, 04:54 PM   #28075
JeepNowski

2004 WJ 

Changed out a bad oil pressure sensor with the mopar factory replacement. That should have been easy but the PO turned the nut part of the old sensor so I wound up having to use vice grips to get it out. But it works now so w00t for me.

Also replaced the resonator box with a brand new one from the dealership.....About $185 after tax. I didn't like spending that much for a plastic box but I haven't been able to find any at a pick and pull and I got tired of looking. Replacement took all of 10 minutes and now my jeep runs quieter and is breathing filtered air again.

Since I've been running it for a few months with a broken resonator and unfiltered air going into the engine I'll be doing a seafoam treatment on it in the next couple of days.

Oh yeah I also put a new set of A/Ts on her a few days ago. Cooper Discoverer ATP 245/65/r17. (Stock ride height, no lift at all).
JeepNowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #28076
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Ordered this two,
http://www.wynnoil.co.uk/products-wy...lve-lifter.htm
Goes into oil and stays until next oil change,,, And this, http://www.wynnoil.co.uk/products-wy...em-cleaner.htm
Oil flush do use before engine oil change.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 02-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #28077
JeepNowski

2004 WJ 

Thomahawk have you ever done a Seafoam treatment on your WJ? Or can you even get Seafoam in Norway? I've heard it works wonders for lifter ticking and things of that nature, also to clean out your engine.

1/3 of the can in the gas tank, 1/3 of the can into the engine oil, and 1/3 of the can you suck up into your vac line going into the engine.
JeepNowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 06:42 PM   #28078
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNowski
Thomahawk have you ever done a Seafoam treatment on your WJ? Or can you even get Seafoam in Norway? I've heard it works wonders for lifter ticking and things of that nature, also to clean out your engine.

1/3 of the can in the gas tank, 1/3 of the can into the engine oil, and 1/3 of the can you suck up into your vac line going into the engine.
Pretty sure your suppose to drink 1/3 as well.
Unread 02-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #28079
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNowski
Thomahawk have you ever done a Seafoam treatment on your WJ? Or can you even get Seafoam in Norway? I've heard it works wonders for lifter ticking and things of that nature, also to clean out your engine. 1/3 of the can in the gas tank, 1/3 of the can into the engine oil, and 1/3 of the can you suck up into your vac line going into the engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8zynelly
Pretty sure your suppose to drink 1/3 as well.
Will do, not availeble here local as anything Ells Good or fun.

Unread 02-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #28080
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Loaded up my old rims/tires and drove to the mall to meet up with the new owner of them. He had a mildly lifted 2 Door S-10 Blazer and says he's sick of watching all Jeeps off-road circles around him so he's putting Jeep axles on his Blazer and eventually doing a Mercedes Diesel engine swap. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?!
Why doesn't he just buy a Jeep. Sounds cheaper. Haha!

Sent from my iPad using electrons
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.