Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#36,804 ·
It broke completely to the point of being undriveable. And the junkyard only had that one In black that was 10 way, memory and heated.
Dang! Looks like the replacement is from a 99-00 and is in real good shape. Was it plug and play with your 04? Reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of going the other way...01+ to '00.

#36,805 ·
Dang! Looks like the replacement is from a 99-00 and is in real good shape. Was it plug and play with your 04? Reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of going the other way...01+ to '00.
The guy claims It was from an 04 only $55.00. But yeah It was plug and play. But the rear left moves a little so Im guessing that corner Is broken, and I noticed the junkyard people welded the front bracket, so Im gonna try to act like a delicate flower In It. Don't make the same mistake I made by unplugging all the connectors under the seat, when u just need to unplug the main clip harness and remove. If I would have just done that It would have took less than 10 minutes.

#36,806 ·
@theksmith,

What size fire extinguisher do you have mounted on your drivers side door panel and how do you have it mounted? It looks really slick and I like its location in relation to the driver. Thanks.
both front doors have 1.25lb halon extinguishers (one is halguard actually). the mounts that came with them are screwed through the plastic into nuts with washers on the back side (in the cubby).

i bumped them a few times with feet getting in or out at first but then got used to them being there. i never felt like they were in the way once you were sitting and the door is closed though.

the only issue is that i have rubber bands to keep the little safety-key thingy and trigger pushed together so they don't rattle and every 6 months or so my rubber bands dry-rot and fall off - no biggie though.

#36,809 ·
:mad: replaced the damn passenger front window regulator again after this last replacement lasted not even 3 months! The only good thing is I'm getting skilled at this repair (under 25 min) but it's already getting old.

#36,810 ·
There's always something that needs to be done on a $500 Jeep... But it's getting better and better.

Thanks to Kolak for most of the parts. More to follow.
Looks almost exactly what I need to order, though I'm not sure on the ball joints. Which ones did you go with?

#36,811 ·
Cleaned up the headlights on my Laredo; used mother's aluminum/ mag polish (after reading about it here)...Man that stuff works good.
Right? That stuff is seriously amazing on them.

BOT:

Hopped in to the wife's WJ this morning to head to work and BAM! Dead battery. :rolleyes:

This one lasted almost exactly 5 years, manufacture date was October 2010, which is about average for out here.

EDIT:

Holy **** man, group 65 batteries got expensive! The 'cheap' ones at the chain auto parts stores around me are $117 :eek:

Yeah, I think I'll be picking up an Interstate from Costco for $90 in the morning.

#36,813 ·
No kidding. Batteries have gotten outrageous. Everything's gotten outrageous. You might be able to pick up a used Optima on Craigslist for same price too. The "experts" say there's no inflation and the economy is fine though.

Right? That stuff is seriously amazing on them.

BOT:

Hopped in to the wife's WJ this morning to head to work and BAM! Dead battery. :rolleyes:

This one lasted almost exactly 5 years, manufacture date was October 2010, which is about average for out here.

EDIT:

Holy **** man, group 65 batteries got expensive! The 'cheap' ones at the chain auto parts stores around me are $117 :eek:

Yeah, I think I'll be picking up an Interstate from Costco for $90 in the morning.

#36,815 ·
No kidding. Batteries have gotten outrageous. Everything's gotten outrageous. You might be able to pick up a used Optima on Craigslist for same price too. The "experts" say there's no inflation and the economy is fine though.
did optima batteries ever get their act together quality wise? i know for a few years there was a ton of duds and junk ones floating around the market giving them a rather bad name

#36,819 ·
I wasn't aware of that. I've always had good luck with them. Even used ones.
There's been some chatter that Optima batteries haven't been up to muster the past few years since they moved production to Mexico. Given my luck lately with another well perceived brand I think I'll pass.

$90 for an Interstate isn't bad and if I was in a real financial bind then I'd pick up an Exide 'second' battery from the local distribution hub like I have in my '00. The downside is there's no warranty, but they are pretty cheap, I think I paid $50 for mine when I got it.

The Interstate that I'm looking at has a straight 4.5 year free replacement warranty, no prorate. The other options I have local offer less of a free replacement period but come with additional prorated coverage. Given that most batteries here generally last 5-6 years and the prorate doesn't cover much at that point, I'll happily take the lower upfront cost over a $10-$15 prorate credit on a more expensive battery.