Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#36,561 ·
Since you welded the mounts, are you tempted to plate in the underside as to avoid getting hung up on the tube mounts?

Excellent job, by the way. You really snugged them up high!

#36,564 ·
thompset said:
Wanted a more aggressive exhaust note so cut out the stock muffler and put in a Thrush glasspack. Sounds good and only slight drone inside. I can hear my tires more though, unless standing on the throttle. Here is a link for a video of it running.
Huh? That sounds pretty alright. I Might have to check into this because my muffler is starting to split at the seems. I love the lifter noise near the end of the video. Sounds just like mine.

#36,566 ·
Since you welded the mounts, are you tempted to plate in the underside as to avoid getting hung up on the tube mounts?

Excellent job, by the way. You really snugged them up high!
yeah i will probably skin them with some 3/16 plate some day...just not today :thumbsup:

#36,567 ·
Huh? That sounds pretty alright. I Might have to check into this because my muffler is starting to split at the seems. I love the lifter noise near the end of the video. Sounds just like mine.
Every higher mileage Jeep I have owned, 4, 6 or 8 cylinder, have all had very similar lifter noise so I really don't pay it much attention to it. They just keep running. Except for a fsj with a 360 I had. But I killed that one in a mud bog by not watching my temperature gauge. The heads were starting to glow...😱

#36,569 ·
I'm glad you are not my neighbor.
Perks of living in the countryside, neighbors aren't real close. But one does have a 2011 challenger 392 with no mufflers and a hemi ram with glasspacks. And another has a 70s k10 with straight pipes from the sound of it. Not to mention all the Harleys with drag pipes around my area.

#36,570 ·
thompset said:
Wanted a more aggressive exhaust note so cut out the stock muffler and put in a Thrush glasspack. Sounds good and only slight drone inside. I can hear my tires more though, unless standing on the throttle. Here is a link for a video of it running.
Put the exact same muffler on mine. I love it and have had it about 5k miles and haven't really noticed it getting any louder like glass packs usually do.

#36,571 ·
Put the exact same muffler on mine. I love it and have had it about 5k miles and haven't really noticed it getting any louder like glass packs usually do.
Nice to know it won't get much if any louder because the wife likes the level it is at. Wish I would have taken a picture of her face when I started it right after I cut muffler out and told her it was done.

#36,572 ·
thompset said:
Nice to know it won't get much if any louder because the wife likes the level it is at. Wish I would have taken a picture of her face when I started it right after I cut muffler out and told her it was done.
hahaha i have no muffler and it sounds great. (Legal in SC btw so dont pull some "you cant talk about that bs" on me)