What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1827 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-19-2014, 05:45 AM   #27391
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcricket View Post
Tried to install my front driveshaft. Wished I would have measured after I put the yoke on because it's a little too short. Give me a holler if you need a double cardan for a V-8 because it won't fit on my 4.0.
What year V8 did you pull it from? Mine is from a 94 and it worked perfectly. How do you know it is too short?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

brouwmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 07:02 AM   #27392
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcricket View Post
Tried to install my front driveshaft. Wished I would have measured after I put the yoke on because it's a little too short. Give me a holler if you need a double cardan for a V-8 because it won't fit on my 4.0.
I got my double cardan from an xj
Johnyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 07:25 AM   #27393
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Got the front pinion seal changed out due to it leaking (has been seeping slowly since I got it 2yrs ago) and diff fluid removed, housing cleaned, and new fluid put it since who knows when it was last done. Good news is, no signs of metal which was good to hear. I can see the axle seals probably needing to be done sometime later in the year.

Put in a small on/off override switch.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 07:41 AM   #27394
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURNER76
Changed trans fluid and filter,neutral safety switch and trans speed sensor.

Did you go with a Mopar sensor or a parts store brand?

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 09:51 AM   #27395
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Found my horn and Steering wheel lock not working,,,, WTF!!!

Anyone?

Seems like this 04 have more problems than my 00 ever had, shhhhh
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #27396
CheapGuy
2005 WK 

Lift supports (again)

Replaced the hood lift supports - again. I replaced all of them, hood, hatch and window about a year and a half ago. The rear were USA made and and are holding up well. The hood struts were made in Korea and are shot already even though I used the hatch a heckuva lot more than the hood.
Unread 01-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #27397
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Stressed because I know their gonna total the truck and I'm going to lose out on the book value of the truck and get less that I paid for. Also loose out on 2,000 dollars I put into it. It's bull crap that the accident wasn't even my fault and is an inconvenience to me and I'm getting screwed! Pisssedddd
Unread 01-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #27398
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Yesterday I continued the tear down on my wife's '03 WJ. Got the radiator, fan, PS cooler, water pump, and PS pump pulled and set aside. Gave me ample room to pull the harmonic balancer and replace the timing cover seal.

Figured out the source of my PS leak was from the pump reservoir, so it looks like I'll exchange it for another Cardone pump. At least this one lasted about 4 years Also noticed the PS return lines were seeping a bit, so I'll need to order those up as well.

Couple of new Denso oxygen sensors for my '00 WJ this morning. At 168k miles it still had the factory sensors installed

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 11:21 AM   #27399
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30
Stressed because I know their gonna total the truck and I'm going to lose out on the book value of the truck and get less that I paid for. Also loose out on 2,000 dollars I put into it. It's bull crap that the accident wasn't even my fault and is an inconvenience to me and I'm getting screwed! Pisssedddd
Idk how it Work over there, but here its like, if its totaly not your fault, it doesnt matter what coverage you got or book value,
What applies, its the insurance law, That says whatever econimical loss you had,,,

Then we Are talking book value, doctors, Recent repairs, mods and upgrades,,,

Worth checking out Buddy, cause nobody tells you about this, but when you tell them they agree, atleast thats what happened to me.

Wish you Good luck with those insurance bastards.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 01-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #27400
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30
Man I feel for you that happen to me on my first Wj I though I was never going to recover from it, hang in their bro it will get better...

Wj prices are down around Boise Idaho everyone wants Jks Tjs Tjs , you get the trend I found mine under 4k in great shape just take everything you can off and start over

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #27401
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30 View Post

You don't have to accept their first offer for the totaled value. Their job is to pay out as little money as possible when totaling a vehicle.

You need to get several listings for WJ's in your area with similar options, miles, etc. and take the average selling price for all of them. Pull listings from dealers and private party sellers. Then present that information to the adjuster and tell him that the average selling price is what it would cost you to replace your vehicle.

Get them as close to that number as possible, then depending on what their final offer is, tell them you want to keep the aftermarket upgrades you purchased as a way to offset the difference.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #27402
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
You don't have to accept their first offer for the totaled value. Their job is to pay out as little money as possible when totaling a vehicle. You need to get several listings for WJ's in your area with similar options, miles, etc. and take the average selling price for all of them. Pull listings from dealers and private party sellers. Then present that information to the adjuster and tell him that the average selling price is what it would cost you to replace your vehicle. Get them as close to that number as possible, then depending on what their final offer is, tell them you want to keep the aftermarket upgrades you purchased as a way to offset the difference.
This guy is always spot on!

Unread 01-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #27403
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
You don't have to accept their first offer for the totaled value. Their job is to pay out as little money as possible when totaling a vehicle. You need to get several listings for WJ's in your area with similar options, miles, etc. and take the average selling price for all of them. Pull listings from dealers and private party sellers. Then present that information to the adjuster and tell him that the average selling price is what it would cost you to replace your vehicle. Get them as close to that number as possible, then depending on what their final offer is, tell them you want to keep the aftermarket upgrades you purchased as a way to offset the difference.

Right my old Wj I paid 4.5k for mine and when they paid I got a little over 6k :-) I pointed everything out to the adjuster in the drive way and when he left I started pulling parts, the wrecker picked it up the next day, I had all my after market parts

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 11:48 AM   #27404
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30 View Post
Was in the same position 2yrs ago today actually. I got about $5600 for my '98. I listed all the things I've put into it, the maintenance that was always done, low mileage engine etc etc. Guy was a total dick, basically called me a liar several times without actually saying I am and that anything I've put into the truck was worthless, and should just take it off. Made a huge complaint about it, and how dare he, when I'm the victim in losing my jeep, I be treated like I'm a criminal. Kept quite a bit of the aftermarket stuff I put on it as well. Lost my rims, but was reasonable. If this appraiser had his way, I'd have gotten almost nothing for it. I unfortunately lost the rims with it though.

I'd present a list of everything that's been recently put into it. My arguement is, I buy a vehicle to take care of, and have it last me a long time. I'm losing this list of things worth $x because of the negligence of another and that you're the victim You want a comparable same vehicle for what you lost. Take as many of the things you've added off as you are able to for the new one. Hopefully you'll come out ahead.

If I lost mine now, I'd push for a hell of a lot more than they'd try giving me as my engine has only about 45,000km and all the suspension has been replaced this year on it I want enough to have something comparable to what I have. The argument of "wear and tear" of replacing the suspension doesn't wash. Yes, they wear etc, but it was just done and is a factor. You need to push or they'll give you the least they can.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #27405
GCDenver
2000 WJ 

Put on a 4X4 FabWorks Light Bar w/ Hoop, no lights on it yet. Took off my Jeep Grill Guard I've had on for years. Really like the look of the Light Bar -
http://www.4x4fabworks.com/store/ind...roducts_id=509

GCDenver is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.