What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1826 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #27376
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son-of-Beast View Post
As Stimmel says, yes, totally plug & play although there is a control/resistor box you need to mount/secure. Spyder LED 3rd brake light and CCFL Halo projector headlights go on tomorrow. Really impressed with CARid.com, ordered on Wednesday arrived today and everything looks great, only question is if there should have been a separate resistor for the 3rd brake light or if it is on the circuit board.
The resistors are probably just for the turn signal lights. I changed my CMHSL to an LED and had no problem.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #27377
Son-of-Beast
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
The resistors are probably just for the turn signal lights. I changed my CMHSL to an LED and had no problem.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
As complete as the kits are I kinda figured as much but appreciate the confirmation, thanks!
'Son-of-Beast' - '02 WJ Limited, 4.7, 545RFE 5-spd Auto, Quadra-Drive, KOR 2.5" BB, Rancho RS5000's, Firestone Destination AT 265/70R17's, Flowmaster DeltaFlow 40, KMA/TAG armor, JK Fuel Door, Spyder CCFL Halo Projectors, LED Taillights, LED Interior Lights - Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/s...imited-956744/
Son-of-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #27378
RedXJ98

Transmission fluid/filter change, dash speakers, and new taillight. Found a nice sliver of metal attached to the magnet...
Unread 01-17-2014, 10:11 PM   #27379
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Went wheeling tonight

image-3138522056.jpg

image-4030575389.jpg

image-2806467329.jpg

image-2884318096.jpg

Even got stuck lol

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #27380
robrilla
2004 WJ 

We went snowboarding at Mt Hood. Well, I went snowboarding and she's in the lot out front.
robrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #27381
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrilla
We went snowboarding at Mt Hood. Well, I went snowboarding and she's in the lot out front.
Should have took her on the slops I bet it would have been way fun lol

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #27382
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Drive to pick up brand new bumper cover for $75 from KansasCity. Installed said bumper cover. No more ugly gold bumper on my midnight blue WJ.

Yesterday put on new ccv breathers and grommets yesterday.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #27383
Knightrider9827
2002 WJ 

Went to the local pick-n-pull and got a factory hitch, wire harness and bezel for it, only $32. Just gonna drill holes and nut and bolt the bezel on
Knightrider9827 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #27384
2ndhandWJman
2003 WJ 

I installed some Rugged Ridge front slush mats. Decent fit, I like how they are more of a rubber type material instead of the slick plastic material the Husky mats are made from.
2ndhandWJman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #27385
TURNER76
1999 WJ 

Changed trans fluid and filter,neutral safety switch and trans speed sensor.
TURNER76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 07:11 PM   #27386
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

Tried to install my front driveshaft. Wished I would have measured after I put the yoke on because it's a little too short. Give me a holler if you need a double cardan for a V-8 because it won't fit on my 4.0.
rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 08:08 PM   #27387
Son-of-Beast
2002 WJ 

Installed the Spyder CCFL Halo Projectors, took longer than I wanted - instructions were good except they suggest using tap-splices to connect the Halo inverter to the LED leads, don't do this, the wire guages are too different and you won't get a solid connection (no halo's). Instead I removed the insulation from the LED leads and wrapped the CCFL inverter leads around the exposed wires and then taped it up - works great.

Also got the LED 3rd brake light installed -super happy with all the new lights (also recently did LED's for courtesy, map, footwell and cargo/dome lights) - Jeep has joined the 21st century.

Before

After

Edited to add a couple more shots
Clean modern front end - will Rhinoline the TAG front and rear bumpers to match the Bushwacker fender flares which are February's mod

The high beam halos seem to take longer to charge up but it's symmetrical

LED 3rd Brake Light installed
'Son-of-Beast' - '02 WJ Limited, 4.7, 545RFE 5-spd Auto, Quadra-Drive, KOR 2.5" BB, Rancho RS5000's, Firestone Destination AT 265/70R17's, Flowmaster DeltaFlow 40, KMA/TAG armor, JK Fuel Door, Spyder CCFL Halo Projectors, LED Taillights, LED Interior Lights - Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/s...imited-956744/
Son-of-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #27388
BigWheel7
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son-of-Beast View Post
Installed the Spyder CCFL Halo Projectors, took longer than I wanted - instructions were good except they suggest using tap-splices to connect the Halo inverter to the LED leads, don't do this, the wire guages are too different and you won't get a solid connection (no halo's). Instead I removed the insulation from the LED leads and wrapped the CCFL inverter leads around the exposed wires and then taped it up - works great.

Also got the LED 3rd brake light installed -super happy with all the new lights (also recently did LED's for courtesy, map, footwell and cargo/dome lights) - Jeep has joined the 21st century.

Before

After

I've really looked at getting these lights because I love the way they look but I want it to be of a more smoked look. Nice WJ.
BigWheel7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 10:52 PM   #27389
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacombs
I changed my own oil for the first time ever today, with some guidance from a buddy. lol don't judge me, everybody starts somewhere! I'll be doing that myself from now on!
Don't worry. First time I changed my oil it ended up costing me about $70...guess who forgot to put the plug back in after draining...
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 11:51 PM   #27390
robrilla
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03azwj View Post

Don't worry. First time I changed my oil it ended up costing me about $70...guess who forgot to put the plug back in after draining...
That's awesome. Love the honesty :-D
robrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.