What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1825 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #27361
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ
If it's older than an 04 it will probably be totalled. Insurance companies will let you take your parts off before taking possession of it. What all parts do you have on it?
my new tires and rims my halo headlights and my halo fogs, Spacers. The rest I can't do anything about but can I take that stuff back ?

Unread 01-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #27362
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30 View Post
my new tires and rims my halo headlights and my halo fogs, Spacers. The rest I can't do anything about but can I take that stuff back ?
Save it for your next WJ. You know there is no going back, now :-)

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #27363
zakary0811
1999 WJ 

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...psjfftadwb.jpg
Put my painted jk steel wheels on today. Only paid 70 bucks for 5 of them.
Unread 01-17-2014, 03:28 PM   #27364
fayceoff
Ninja pirate

1999 WJ 

Picked up a set of 5 mint Sahara 18's for $125 (gotta get them powder coated and get some tires) and installed a set of Rockford Fosgate speakers in the rear doors. Its getting there...
fayceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 05:55 PM   #27365
LonestarWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starboard M

What bar is that, and can you take any more pictures of how you mounted it to the rails?
I got the bar from eBay. It's 42"
I cut the bottom feet off the mounting brackets. Then I drilled a hole through it and the roof rail.

image-1146826489.jpg
LonestarWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #27366
JeepNowski

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacombs View Post
I changed my own oil for the first time ever today, with some guidance from a buddy.
lol don't judge me, everybody starts somewhere!
I'll be doing that myself from now on!

Exactly, we ALL start somewhere. On every vehicle you ever own, you're going to have to learn new things about it.

For instance, my 04 WJ is easy as pie for me to change the oil on but my wife's 99 Lincoln Town Car is a PITA because of where the filter is mounted, right above the front end and exhaust so I always wind up getting oil all over the exhaust and it smells like hell for a day or two after I change the oil in it.....I'm sure there's an easier way but on the plus side I have gotten to where I use about 2 cans of non-chlorinated brake cleaner afterwards and it cleans it all up pretty well without too much hassle.

Non-Chlorinated brake cleaner......That's the sweet spot right there. Don't bother with the stuff in the red can (the chlorinated stuff) because it doesn't clean nearly as well. Go for the brake cleaner with the green label that says "NON-CHLORINATED". The caveat is that it is MUCH more flammable but it CUTS oil. The other stuff to me is about the equivalent of washing it off with hot water. It leaves a residue that non-chlor doesn't leave.

Next question......How the heck did I get onto a 3 paragraph diatribe on what brake cleaner you should use?
JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #27367
JeepNowski

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcricket View Post
Only if it has "trail rated"badges....

Mine has the trail rated badge, but I wouldn't think of taking it on a trail in it's current condition. I need tires....BADLY. But I'm waiting on tax season deals and I'm being pretty picky about what tire to choose that won't mandate a lift that I might not have the $$$ for. Chances are though that I'll have to get at least a BB to put the smallest size BFG A/T KO tires that I've been able to find on my stocker without having to trim and I haven't yet gotten to that level of expertise.
Unread 01-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #27368
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Went to the speakership to order a coolant temp gauge ($65) and priced a ccv vent tube ($65also wtf) then I set it down and went to the junkyard and got one for $5

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 06:27 PM   #27369
JeepNowski

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit View Post
Parked it in the garage. Got some rain coming and don't want wet floorboards in the am. (leaking windshield). You can tell I'm in love with Rustoleum truck liner spray.

Attachment 1000201
I can only tell that with the Chevy....And that's a Chevy so I'm not surprised
Unread 01-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #27370
2000_limited
2000 WJ 

Well, after driving around for a month now with the middle bulb burned out in the gauge cluster, I decided to replace it. While looking at the back of the cluster I noticed 2 other bulbs missing. so I shined a flashlight in to see what they were. One was the "trunk" open indicator, the other was nothing (blacked out on the front). So I replaced the bad bulb and the missing one. Nice bright gauges and nice to have a working rear gate indicator.

Nothing major, but was driving me nuts.
2000_limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #27371
Son-of-Beast
2002 WJ 

Installed CG LED Taillights, ordered from CARid.com on Wednesday, arrived today, took 10 minutes and look great IMO.

Before

After

'Son-of-Beast' - '02 WJ Limited, 4.7, 545RFE 5-spd Auto, Quadra-Drive, KOR 2.5" BB, Rancho RS5000's, Firestone Destination AT 265/70R17's, Flowmaster DeltaFlow 40, KMA/TAG armor, JK Fuel Door, Spyder CCFL Halo Projectors, LED Taillights, LED Interior Lights - Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/s...imited-956744/
Son-of-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #27372
Zacedward
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son-of-Beast View Post
Installed CG LED Taillights, ordered from CARid.com on Wednesday, arrived today, took 10 minutes and look great IMO.

Before

After
very nice. was it plug & play?
UJC #181 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L v8, 2"bb, kolak 3 " exhaust flowmaster 50 SUV , Rola roof basket, k&n cai,245/75 /16 A/T
Zacedward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:04 PM   #27373
Stimmel
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacedward
Yes they are I have the same ones! Makes the jeep look nicer and newer!
Stimmel is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:17 PM   #27374
Son-of-Beast
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacedward View Post
As Stimmel says, yes, totally plug & play although there is a control/resistor box you need to mount/secure. Spyder LED 3rd brake light and CCFL Halo projector headlights go on tomorrow. Really impressed with CARid.com, ordered on Wednesday arrived today and everything looks great, only question is if there should have been a separate resistor for the 3rd brake light or if it is on the circuit board.
'Son-of-Beast' - '02 WJ Limited, 4.7, 545RFE 5-spd Auto, Quadra-Drive, KOR 2.5" BB, Rancho RS5000's, Firestone Destination AT 265/70R17's, Flowmaster DeltaFlow 40, KMA/TAG armor, JK Fuel Door, Spyder CCFL Halo Projectors, LED Taillights, LED Interior Lights - Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/s...imited-956744/
Son-of-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:20 PM   #27375
Zacedward
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son-of-Beast View Post
As Stimmel says, yes, totally plug & play although there is a control/resistor box you need to mount/secure. Spyder LED 3rd brake light and CCFL Halo projector headlights go on tomorrow. Really impressed with CARid.com, ordered on Wednesday arrived today and everything looks great, only question is if there should have been a separate resistor for the 3rd brake light or if it is on the circuit board.
sweet I might have to save for this upgrade never done moding lol
UJC #181 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L v8, 2"bb, kolak 3 " exhaust flowmaster 50 SUV , Rola roof basket, k&n cai,245/75 /16 A/T
Zacedward is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.