What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1823 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 01-17-2014, 07:23 AM   #27331
Trxgedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonestarWJ View Post

Actually I didn't do any trimming. I was surprised.
Really? Do you rub?

Trxgedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 07:56 AM   #27332
Locutus
1999 WJ 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

4 of these in 3mm for the EVIC buttons. i also believe ( i have not looked yet. im only 75% on this) these will work for the ac and defrost buttons and the heated seats toggle. https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...l-led/220/992/
took apart the climate control and ash tray panels to check for back lighting

The ac and defrost buttons use 4mm and the toggle for heated seats use 5mm
Locutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 07:59 AM   #27333
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
took apart the climate control and ash tray panels to check for back lighting The ac and defrost buttons use 4mm and the toggle for heated seats use 5mm
NEOX twist out style? AZC?
Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:02 AM   #27334
Trxgedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post

Anyone ever do the window and lock button lights in the doors?
Trxgedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:13 AM   #27335
LonestarWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxgedy

Really? Do you rub?
I haven't wheeled it. I'm sure it would rub if it flexed but on the street it rubs a little if I crank it hard sometimes.
LonestarWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:26 AM   #27336
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia

It makes no difference at all if it is just the usual doors breaking up at the hinges (both mine had failed) whether its pass or drivers side. You get at them both from through the glove box. He may have meant its a problem if its the servo failure (much rarer) as to get to the back one its a dash out job. If that had happened its easier to link both the doors together so temp is just controlled from one temp knob. Most likely it will just be replacing the two doors and you are good to go as it is with most of us.
Alfa is right. I forgot to mention that I always have the "much rarer" problems happen to my jeep. I jumped the gun a wee bit. I actually had the actuator break but luckily it was the one controlling the heat to drivers side. So I could just go thru the glove box and it was right there.
cr8zynelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:31 AM   #27337
Locutus
1999 WJ 

Quote:

yes sorry i forgot the link

here it is and its back in the quote above

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...l-led/220/992/
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:32 AM   #27338
Locutus
1999 WJ 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxgedy View Post
Anyone ever do the window and lock button lights in the doors?

if you search this thread there is some info on that. they are hard wired in. you would have to remove the old and solder in new ones
Unread 01-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #27339
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30
Other guys insurance is covering everything
Go to the dealership for an estimate now if you can. That way you already have an idea on the damage. I got rearended right before Xmas and it netted me almost 3 grand for a cracked bumper, busted taillight and dent in rear quarter panel. Cost me less than $300 to fix and I got a 2012 maxima to drive for a week, been used to driving the 4.slo and the maxima was sooo fast I romped it the whole week.

What insurance does he have?

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 09:17 AM   #27340
Starboard M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonestarWJ View Post
Installed my led light bar

Attachment 1004137

Attachment 1004145
What bar is that, and can you take any more pictures of how you mounted it to the rails?

Boatsides/Hybrid Cage/Tube Dash== Custom Winch Bumper== Bolt in HP44
Starboard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #27341
Locutus
1999 WJ 

Wj

I put LEDs in the vanity mirrors and glove.

FYI 4mm do not fit in the EVIC. and the bulb i got for the glove does not fit in the ashtray. it needs a smaller diameter.

ordering LEDs for the ac/defrost buttons and for the heated seat toggles
Unread 01-17-2014, 09:46 AM   #27342
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
I put LEDs in the vanity mirrors and glove. FYI 4mm do not fit in the EVIC. and the bulb i got for the glove does not fit in the ashtray. it needs a smaller diameter. ordering LEDs for the ac/defrost buttons and for the heated seat toggles
Strange, I got the Neo-x 3mm to work in my EVIC. They are a little small for the hole they go in, meaning they slide side-to-side, but they work when tightened down. Are you sure the neo-x twist in socket LED works in the dual-climate AZC heater/AC control unit? I had ALWAYS read they were solder in only. This link says instrument panel, meaning gauge cluster. You can re-use the socket for that, and it takes a pc74. Not sure if we are talking about the same thing.
If they work, that is awesome and I thank you so much for sharing. I will order some as soon as you confirm my question. I still need the marker lights for the inside of the front doors, and the inside of the grab handles on each door.
Unread 01-17-2014, 09:47 AM   #27343
Locutus
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Strange, I got the Neo-x 3mm to work in my EVIC. They are a little small for the hole they go in, meaning they slide side-to-side, but they work when tightened down. Are you sure the neo-x twist in socket LED works in the dual-climate AZC heater/AC control unit? I had ALWAYS read they were solder in only.
If they work, that is awesome and I thank you so much for sharing. I will order some as soon as you confirm my question.
I still need the marker lights for the inside of the front doors, and the inside of the grab handles on each door.

dual zone CC are soldered in. single zone are replaceable
Unread 01-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #27344
EmersonHart13

165k miles so it was time to replace the suspension, so I decided to do a cheap lift. Fat Bob's 2.5/2.0 spring and shock lift and used JKS adjustable track bar with all new Isolators. I also added the rear Addco sway bar. It has about 1/2 mile on it so it needs to settle still.

First 3 are before, last 6 are after.
before1.jpg   before2.jpg   before3.jpg  
after1.jpg

after2.jpg

after3.jpg

after4.jpg

after5.jpg

after6.jpg

EmersonHart13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 09:53 AM   #27345
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
dual zone CC are soldered in. single zone are replaceable
RATS! Does anyone have the LED part number for the solder in LED for the dual CC? I have been searching and searching, but cannot find anything that tells me what it is. If not, just like my white-faced gauge cluster, I'll live with it, sigh.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.