What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1808 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Huge Soft top SaleAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 01-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #27106
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk
Got real wheels on and trimmed bumber What you guys think?
Looks good man

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #27107
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTW_WJ View Post
I'm picking up a new impact today because the two that I have, don't have enough Torque to do some jobs. Also, I work in Irvine so if your's doesn't cut it, let me know and maybe we can meet up.
I went with a Snap-On MG-725. Its like 1,200 ft/lbs of reverse torque. I literally have to warn people not to break their wrist when it goes.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #27108
imaguy3
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post
Very nice deer were you from ?
Thanks... Marana Az, just north of Tucson... This was literally a 10min. drive on a washboard road from my house
Unread 01-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #27109
Upside
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTW_WJ
I'm picking up a new impact today because the two that I have, don't have enough Torque to do some jobs. Also, I work in Irvine so if your's doesn't cut it, let me know and maybe we can meet up.
Thank you for the offer, I'll let you know what happens. I think I've seen your Jeep around town, not too many lifted WJs around here.
Upside is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #27110
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Glad you like them, no it was a typo, i know its spelled bumber, New Overland badges in house, but just havent got around to do anything about it. Might Plastidip my Grand cherokee letters smoked silver, now they just look bad.
Yeah, my letters are peeling, too. Common problem with these. Silver plasti-dip would look cool. I replaced the rear Jeep badge and wide-set the front Jeep letters, just like BlueJc?
It is spelled bumPer, because they bump into things, but that just might be an American thing.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
image-2028052171.jpg

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #27111
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upside View Post
Thank you for the offer, I'll let you know what happens. I think I've seen your Jeep around town, not too many lifted WJs around here.
When I was reviewing shocks, I kept seeing people from Tucson leaving reviews. Might not be WJ's. I grew up in Tucson, until I was almost 9. My dad was stationed at Davis-Monthan. It would be cool to look up some of the kids I used to play with back then. I went to Lineweaver Elementary. We came to KY when my parents split. My mom still lives in Phoenix. Sent from my iPad using my fingers
Unread 01-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #27112
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Did nothing, but received my 2" BB kit today. Now waiting on the Bilstein 5100's. See what you guys have done to me.

Unread 01-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #27113
NOTW_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky2252s View Post
I went with a Snap-On MG-725. Its like 1,200 ft/lbs of reverse torque. I literally have to warn people not to break their wrist when it goes.
Wow, that's a nice one!! unless you break a wrist

I found a local guy that wholesales unsold items from stores and picked up a Husky 1/2 Composite wrench. It was originally $139.99 marked down on sale for $104 and through him i got it for $60 cash I'm gonna see how it works tonight when I break loose the nut on a transfer case front output yoke. It's rated at 650 lb's so it should do the trick.
NOTW_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #27114
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
Did nothing, but received my 2" BB kit today. Now waiting on the Bilstein 5100's. See what you guys have done to me.

I would be putting them on and just swap out the shocks when I get them. But thats just me
Johnyre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #27115
NOTW_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upside View Post
Yeah, I've seen very few and @ 8" lift and 35"s it definitely stands out among all the JK's.
Unread 01-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #27116
NOTW_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
When I was reviewing shocks, I kept seeing people from Tucson leaving reviews. Might not be WJ's. I grew up in Tucson, until I was almost 9. My dad was stationed at Davis-Monthan. It would be cool to look up some of the kids I used to play with back then. I went to Lineweaver Elementary. We came to KY when my parents split. My mom still lives in Phoenix. Sent from my iPad using my fingers
I think there are more built WJ's in the phoenix/tuscon area than all of So Cal where we are. I rarely see any on the road much less the trails.
Unread 01-09-2014, 06:04 PM   #27117
Bandit84
2004 WJ 

Knocked the salt coating off today.
image-2159224593.jpg

96' ZJ Limited 5.9 mods 242 T-case
Bandit84 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #27118
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyre View Post
I would be putting them on and just swap out the shocks when I get them. But thats just me
Yeah, but it will take you too long to get here and it will get real cold again by that time :-)
Seriously, it just warmed up some and now it's raining, so no rest for the wicked. I am going to
wait until late Feb. or early March,since I don't have a garage. I'm in no rush.

Unread 01-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #27119
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit84 View Post
Knocked the salt coating off today.
I like those rims. Are you using Fawkes relocation brackets on the bull bar?

Unread 01-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #27120
Bandit84
2004 WJ 

Thanks, the bar is actually a Mopar brand. It mounts in place where the tow hooks used to be. And then on the radiator support. I still need to refinish my rock rails and reinstall them.
96' ZJ Limited 5.9 mods 242 T-case
Bandit84 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.