What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #256
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Hey, I recognize those floor mats ^

comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2010, 03:56 PM   #257
sherker55
2004 WJ 

I did the "rear seat quick-release" mod...best < $10 mod! very easy, and a true design flaw remedy!
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2010, 06:24 PM   #258
logisticalstyle
1999 WJ 

Buffed out my headlights. I used several grades of sand paper ending at 2000 and then used the Blue Magic polish. They look better than they started out looking, but I'm still thinking about just replacing them completely. I also changed my air filter and topped off all of my fluids and replaced my light bulb in the engine compartment. And I replaced my hood lifts.
logisticalstyle is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2010, 09:56 PM   #259
Scibbyz99WJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherker55 View Post
I did the "rear seat quick-release" mod...best < $10 mod! very easy, and a true design flaw remedy!
please explain. as i have no idea of a flaw in the rear seat quick release.

Closed minds should go hand in hand with closed mouths
Scibbyz99WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #260
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

^ http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...oom-wj-608241/

buying the pins for mine soon

To put it in a nutshell the easiest way to do it is to take the seat fold hinges off the crossmember thingy and put 'em on your workbench and then either drill out the rivets on the folding hinges and slide the quick disco pin through or my preferred method will be grind through the centerpin and using pliers pop it out each side then slide the new one through. Grinding for me is faster I dont have the very specific drill bit it requires

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2010, 10:05 PM   #261
Scibbyz99WJ
1999 WJ 

that is cool!! but i dont think i would use it. i use my wj more for people hauling than for cargo

Closed minds should go hand in hand with closed mouths
Scibbyz99WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #262
WJRON351
2002 WJ 

wheeled with some friends

YouTube - wj offroad
WJRON351 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #263
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Got some recovery gear for it. Now I have front and rear recovery points and the equipment to pull my friends and their non-jeeps out when they get stuck in the snow this winter

The D-ring is rated to 10,000 lbs and the strap has a 6,000lb safe working load 20,000lb breaking strength

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 09-12-2010, 03:33 PM   #264
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Got some recovery gear for it. Now I have front and rear recovery points and the equipment to pull my friends and their non-jeeps out when they get stuck in the snow this winter

The D-ring is rated to 10,000 lbs and the strap has a 6,000lb safe working load 20,000lb breaking strength
that's from HF?
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #265
sherker55
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibbyz99WJ View Post
please explain. as i have no idea of a flaw in the rear seat quick release.
there is no quick release...you've gotta mod it

I mainly haul people too, but when I do haul other things, I can't put my seat all the way back because of the damn bottom part of the seat that folds up...it is also annoying that it takes up a couple more inches, keeping alot of things from being able to lay flat. Over the years, it has pissed me off more than once, that's why this mod is awesome, even if I only use it once or twice a year.
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #266
Hazed_blue
2000 WJ 

Changed out fluids on my differentials and transfer case. Got the groaning to go away, and also tested the AWD and 4-LO. Everything is in working order.

And PS, taking the rear diff cover off is a pain in the *** compared to doing it on a ZJ. The gas tank is so much lower, meaning that you have to blindly remove the top bolts by reaching to the diff from behind, facing the gas tank. Popped the head off of one screw, but fortunately I was still able to get the cover off, and no leaks after putting it back on.
Hazed_blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #267
ronsaun
2003 WJ 

Wj

long time no see friends! well i moved permanently to montana the first week of august. i have put alot of trail miles on my rig since i last posted. i did however cure my body roll w/addco swaybar and just last week i realized that i needed to have my front adjustable swaybar links really tight. that alone allows me to cruise at 80 hwy, in the wind and i can let go of the wheel and she goes straight down the road for a ways. big improvement. still wasnt completely comfortable after the rear addco but it was way better. now as long as i am ordering parts anyway, ill explain in a minute, i am gonna order an addco front. tommorrow i am buying an 04 subaru outback w/salvage title, leather and loaded, in perfect condition w/81,000 for $8500.yipee!!!! now i can retire the jeep for hunting and fishing purposes only! anyway back to the parts. changed my power steering pump yesterday then the following: several months ago i added a rough country a arm spacer and was warned it was junk. consequently the bolts that came with it sheared off and lost the spacer somewhere in the mountains. in turn, the rear driveshaft yoke bolts sheared off and the driveshaft fell out. good thing i was going slow!!! now i am gonna call iron rock in the morning and order their solid a arm spacer w/hardened bolts and ask about their SYE kit which comes with a custom drive shaft for $349. sounds to good to be true. we'll see. i am gonna replace the a arm ball joint at the same time and add 1" spacers in the rear to level out the jeep(it sags in the back). just when i thought i was bored. HE'S BACK!!!!!!! ron

[B][/B][SIZE="1"][B]aussie[/B] rear end, drilled and slotted rotors, ceramic brake pads, [B]ironman[/B] adj.front upper/lower and rear lower control arms, [B]teraflex [/B]4" spring lift, [B]fat bobs[/B] 2' bb, [B]rusty's[/B] drop pitman arm, [B]jks[/B] adjustable trackbar, [B]moog[/B] tie rod ends/ball joints, [B]rancho 9000[/B] shocks, [B]kor[/B] dual stabilizer, [B]rough country[/B] front and rear bump stop extensions, homebrew front quick disconnects, [B]rough country[/B] rear swaybar link drop kit, [B]IRO[/B] a-arm spacer, transfer case drop kit, homebrew rocksliders, [B]rola[/B] roof rack, [B]speed bleeders[/B], 2" wheel spacers, 4-[B]treadwright[/B] guard dog mt 265/75/16, mud flaps, [B]superchip[/B], [B]k&n[/B] cold air intake, straightpiped, chrome tailpipe tip,[B] v-led[/B] hid headlights w/halo,[B] v-led [/B]hid foglights w/halo, [B]kidde[/B] fire extinguisher w/bracket, [B]maglite[/B] w/mounting bracket, [B]cobra[/B] cb, [B]firestik[/B] antenna, [B]white gauges[/B] gauge face overlays, [B]viair[/B] compressor, blue led interior lighting upgrade, [B]hi lift[/B] 48" jack, [B]hi lift[/B] jack base, wind deflectors for: hood, moon roof and windows, [B]sony[/B] stereo, [B]garmin[/B] nuvi gps, recovery D ring, interior mount keyed battery switch, custom dash brackets for gps, cb, sat radio, cellphone, bumper mount halogen reverse lights, [B]cobra[/B] radar detector, [B]smittybilt[/B] gear seat covers and tailgate organizer, [B]browning[/B] rooftop camo cargo bags, grille insert, washer fluid reservoir relocation, foldup cargo carrier, aluminum side steps, [B]addco[/B] rear swaybar, deer whistles, [B]mobile one[/B] synthetic oil, [B]slick 50[/B] high mileage oil additive, [B]k&n[/B] oil filter
[B]TO DO:[/B]
[B]reece[/B] front hitch, [B]warn[/B] winch, [B]elocker [/B]or [B]arb[/B] front selectable locker, [B]bulldog[/B] remote start, [B]hi lift[/B] essential parts kit, 2-[B]hella[/B] driving lights, [B]gerry[/B] can and bracket, stinger bar, wood dash kit, snorkel, washer fluid heater, rear swing tire carrier, finish the skid plates, fender flares, [B]addco [/B]front swaybar[/SIZE]
ronsaun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #268
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straty1987 View Post
that's from HF?
well... ermmm... yes. yeahhh. I'm going to give it a good testing beforehand though in a controlled environment. The D-ring setup was only $10 so I really couldnt resist but it was rated for 10k lbs and has lifetime warranty so worst case it fails and I bring it back. plus the welds look to be clean and good quality and the shackle is going through 2x3/4" tabs. Also it wasnt their house brand it was made by a trailer-building company so I trust it. I dont wheel alone and the people I go with all have various hooks and d-ring setups so if it fails I can just borrow one of theirs to get me out. Also, its to add a rear recovery point. I just picked up some factory tow hooks for the front, now I feel confident knowing I have those up front (look a couple posts up)

The strap is rated at normal use of 6,000lb and break strength is 20,000lb. I doubt it will fail pulling a WJ out but the main reason I got this stuff is to help pull my friends' hondas and sedans out of snow-banks and deep snow. I'm pretty careful so I dont think I'd tackle something I know I could get stuck bad in

Wait, why am I trying to justify a harbor freight purchase haha it was cheap enough that it doesnt matter.

Matt
Unread 09-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #269
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
well... ermmm... yes. yeahhh. I'm going to give it a good testing beforehand though in a controlled environment. The D-ring setup was only $10 so I really couldnt resist but it was rated for 10k lbs and has lifetime warranty so worst case it fails and I bring it back. plus the welds look to be clean and good quality and the shackle is going through 2x3/4" tabs. Also it wasnt their house brand it was made by a trailer-building company so I trust it. I dont wheel alone and the people I go with all have various hooks and d-ring setups so if it fails I can just borrow one of theirs to get me out. Also, its to add a rear recovery point. I just picked up some factory tow hooks for the front, now I feel confident knowing I have those up front (look a couple posts up)

The strap is rated at normal use of 6,000lb and break strength is 20,000lb. I doubt it will fail pulling a WJ out but the main reason I got this stuff is to help pull my friends' hondas and sedans out of snow-banks and deep snow. I'm pretty careful so I dont think I'd tackle something I know I could get stuck bad in

Wait, why am I trying to justify a harbor freight purchase haha it was cheap enough that it doesnt matter.
lol sorry to put you on the spot i have the same D-ring hitch for the my WJ's rear but have not used it yet. $10 as well
get 50/50 reply's on it

stock tow hooks in the front too.
just i bought a Keeper Recovery Strap With Loops 2"x 30' 10,000 lbs Vehicle Wt. figures if it too long just wrap the point back and have a 15 Ft strap worth the $31 to me lol
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #270
SplitNail
1999 WJ 

Finally got a change to wheel the jeep today, check out my build thread and tell me what you think!!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...40/index4.html

SplitNail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.